Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #31
Cosmonaut
I hit open layups

Cosmonaut has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LA Times: Kobe and Buss meet in Spain. Kobe wants out...

I think the lakers will be better with out kobe after the trade, For whatever or who ever they trade for I think the Lakers will have much better depth and not be so 1 dimensional in how they play. Kobe is probably the greatest player in the nba but for kobe to be successful he needs another star to take some of the load hence why the shaq and kobe era was so successful.
Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #32
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Fair enough from Kobe then. Honestly... Lets look at the Lakers, if they can somehow fleece anyone into giving them a player as good as Jermaine and not have to give up Kobe they win. Honestly, the team is trash. If they can get Jermaine for the rest of their roster they should do it. It's not like the rest of the roster couldn't be replaced with D-League scrubs anyway, I mean its all they are in the first place.

Also, Murphy's contract is bad but Kobe or LeBron are basically the perfect teammates for him(Prime Shaq is all that would be better). Murphy is a good rebounder and adequate defender who is prone to chucking 3s. I mean seriously, just throw him in a corner and let him catch and shoot from Kobe. All they really need from their PF. He is basically a Ho Grant with better range but worse defense. But there are barely any PF's that play defense that good anymore.
theres plenty of PFs out there that play dee....sheed, JO, Duncan, Bosh, Emeke, Brand....Murphy needs to get back to the way he was when he was averaging a double double...hes capable of it... his defense is just horrific...he always looks lost...hes realy soft on dee
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:08 AM   #33
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Fair enough from Kobe then. Honestly... Lets look at the Lakers, if they can somehow fleece anyone into giving them a player as good as Jermaine and not have to give up Kobe they win. Honestly, the team is trash. If they can get Jermaine for the rest of their roster they should do it. It's not like the rest of the roster couldn't be replaced with D-League scrubs anyway, I mean its all they are in the first place.

Also, Murphy's contract is bad but Kobe or LeBron are basically the perfect teammates for him(Prime Shaq is all that would be better). Murphy is a good rebounder and adequate defender who is prone to chucking 3s. I mean seriously, just throw him in a corner and let him catch and shoot from Kobe. All they really need from their PF. He is basically a Ho Grant with better range but worse defense. But there are barely any PF's that play defense that good anymore.

agreededed
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #34
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
theres plenty of PFs out there that play dee....sheed, JO, Duncan, Bosh, Emeke, Brand....Murphy needs to get back to the way he was when he was averaging a double double...hes capable of it... his defense is just horrific...he always looks lost...hes realy soft on dee

Whoa whoa whoa slow down there buddy. Ask any Raptor fan or Canadian (I'm both) and you'll know that Bosh's defense is average at best.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #35
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Do it Mitch get Lebron....

Kobe
Odom
Bynum

for

Lebron
Big Z
Larry Hughes

Cavs have

Gibson/Snow
Kobe/
Odom/Sasha
Gooden/Marshall
Bynum/Varejoa

Lakers have

Lebron

People might think its crazy because LEbron is soo young and talented and it is. But I think the Cavs would win prob 2 titles...But you still dont make the trade unless Lebron says he plans on opting out when he is able
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #36
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

from this site

Quote:
Bryant is the only NBA player with a no-trade clause in his contract. He had said he would waive that clause. But he could make a trade more difficult because he has a three-team wish list, the sources said. Two of the teams are the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks.

the hell does he want to go to new york if he claims he wants to win now?
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #37
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
from this site

the owner in NY seems like he will go over the lux tax and get players to help Kobe....

Plus its in the east
Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #38
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Do it Mitch get Lebron....

Kobe
Odom
Bynum

for

Lebron
Big Z
Larry Hughes

Cavs have

Gibson/Snow
Kobe/
Odom/Sasha
Gooden/Marshall
Bynum/Varejoa

Lakers have

Lebron

People might think its crazy because LEbron is soo young and talented and it is. But I think the Cavs would win prob 2 titles...But you still dont make the trade unless Lebron says he plans on opting out when he is able

how exactly would the cavs beat the spurs now because they switched lebron and hughes for kobe and odom? I'll give you that Odom is an upgrade over Hughes... but still, you think Kobe can lead them to two titles? More like two wins in the NBA finals if they get there.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #39
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Dude is such a fukin headcase.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #40
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
how exactly would the cavs beat the spurs now because they switched lebron and hughes for kobe and odom? I'll give you that Odom is an upgrade over Hughes... but still, you think Kobe can lead them to two titles? More like two wins in the NBA finals if they get there.

I see Manu and Duncan and Finley getting older every year...Horry is on his last legs as well...If Bron hit his jumpers he could have won 2 games off the Spurs you could feel his team waiting for one of those LEbron spurts...I dont know if they can beat Spurs but I do know that wont have those scoring droughts with Kobe and I do know that there is a possibility they dont play the Spurs... they would beat the Mavs and possibly Phx

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-16-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #41
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I see Manu and Duncan and Finley getting older every year...Horry is on his last legs as well...If Bron hit his jumpers he could have won 2 games off the Spurs you could feel his team waiting for one of those LEbron spurts...I dont know if they can beat Spurs but I do know that wont have those scoring droughts with Kobe and I do know that there is a possibility they dont play the Spurs... they would beat the Mavs and possibly Phx

LOL.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #42
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Kobe to Bulls.
Heck I'll buy the jersey immediately.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #43
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
from this site

or Chicago? Chicago is not winning anything now either. I think there is something else going on that is making him want to leave LA.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #44
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild orchid
or Chicago? Chicago is not winning anything now either. I think there is something else going on that is making him want to leave LA.
put him on the bulls and you have a contender

and knicks would be there too if they got him for all their young talent.

Marbury
Kobe
Richardson
Morris
Curry

that should be enough to contend in the east.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #45
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
put him on the bulls and you have a contender

and knicks would be there too if they got him for all their young talent.

Marbury
Kobe
Richardson
Morris
Curry

that should be enough to contend in the east.

The Knicks would have to give up Marbury and Richardson to get Kobe and that line up is not getting past Detroit or a healthy Miami.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: