Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-16-2007, 03:57 AM   #1
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default MY cover of the Oasis single Slide Away

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=744 83052

Ya, my singing blows but the guitar doesnt. I am playing no solo since it is an acoustic version. I am using audacity recording stuff and using a mic. Both suck at picking up sound. Everytime i try and record a blues jam it sounds so ****ty on the computer.

Maybe one of these days i can get a decent recording.

Each song is one take.

Last edited by The_Masterplan : 06-18-2007 at 01:10 AM.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
The_Masterplan
Banned

Default Re: MY cover of the Oasis single Slide Away

LOL i actually got some plays.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

.....wow
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
.....wow

.....wow better than I expected!

or

.....wow that sucked!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

.....wow better than I expected!

or

.....wow that sucked!

probably the latter. I dont care though. That doesnt really showcase my best talent since its just chords.

If i had decent recording software, it would be better.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
probably the latter. I dont care though. That doesnt really showcase my best talent since its just chords.

Dude, Melissa Ann in your friends list, I would be all over the girl on the left.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:32 AM   #7
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Dude, Melissa Ann in your friends list, I would be all over the girl on the left.

ya, my friend went with her to prom.

I dont really know her that well.

I stopped using myspace. That is my music account. I had another one but deleted it for facebook.

I uploaded those three last night.

Last edited by The_Masterplan : 06-18-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
The_Masterplan
Banned

Hey, have you ever been to Golden, CO? I was thinking about going to CSM but decided against it cus it was so expensive. I have a friend that is going there to play soccer though.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:44 AM   #9
Randy

Quote:
Hey, have you ever been to Golden, CO? I was thinking about going to CSM but decided against it cus it was so expensive. I have a friend that is going there to play soccer though.

Many times, it only like 30 minutes from where I grew up. John Elway's Lamborghini dealership is in Golden, as is a Coors brewery. I know a few kids that go to Mines, the guy:girl ratio there is 7:1. That's a lot of penises.

I played Golden in the state playoffs my junior year in HS and several spring league tournaments that were hosted by Mines. A teammate of mine had a scholarship offer to play there but went to UNC instead (thats NorCO, not Carolina).
Old 06-18-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Many times, it only like 30 minutes from where I grew up. John Elway's Lamborghini dealership is in Golden, as is a Coors brewery. I know a few kids that go to Mines, the guy:girl ratio there is 7:1. That's a lot of penises.

I played Golden in the state playoffs my junior year in HS and several spring league tournaments that were hosted by Mines. A teammate of mine had a scholarship offer to play there but went to UNC instead (thats NorCO, not Carolina).

bball or football...or futbol...
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #11
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashformvp
bball or football...or futbol...

Basketball. He's two years younger than me so I wasn't around for his senior year but he averaged like 29 a game and scored 47 once with 19-19 from the line. He got redshirted though because he plays zero defense, he spent every defensive trip in high school at midcourt waiting to cherry pick.

Sorry Devon, now everyone on ISH at midnight in the OTC Lounge knows you: http://uncbears.cstv.com/sports/m-ba...l_devon00.html
Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 AM   #12
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

Pretty good. My vocals are horrible as well, I could play pretty well, but voice is just horrible. Do you think there is a way to improve vocals?
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #13
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Pretty good. My vocals are horrible as well, I could play pretty well, but voice is just horrible. Do you think there is a way to improve vocals?

Voice coaches can always help but I don't know to what extent. I've sort of self trained my voice over the past year and it's improved greatly.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #14
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:

lol, nah you're guitar work was pretty flawless, but the singing was just brilliantly absurd.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #15
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
lol, nah you're guitar work was pretty flawless, but the singing was just brilliantly absurd.

co-signed
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: