Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool
Default Kobe reiterated trade request to Jerry Buss

Bryant Still Wants Out
Jun 16 - Jerry Buss met with his unhappy $88.6-million employee, Kobe Bryant, for a get-together Friday between owner and superstar in the somewhat surprising setting of Spain.
Buss wanted to appeal to the nine-time All-Star, reminding him that trades take time to develop and that winning remains the focus of the organization, but Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded, said a source with knowledge of the situation.

"That's the message that came out of it," the source said. -- Los Angeles Times

Buss was shocked by Bryant's continued and defiant stance, the sources said, and left the meeting unsure if he would give in to Bryant's demands or if he would keep the All-Star, knowing it'll be "impossible" to get equal value in return.
The Lakers confirmed Friday night that Bryant and Buss did meet.

"Our position is that it's a private meeting between the two of them and it shall remain private between the two of them," Lakers public relations director John Black said Friday night in a phone interview. -- Riverside Press-Enterprise

Johnny Buss, one of Lakers owner Jerry Buss' sons, spent time recently with his father in China and said on a radio show Thursday night that Jerry Buss wants to keep Kobe Bryant a Laker as long as Buss is running the team.
"My father still runs the Lakers, and I'm sure that he's not going to stop until Kobe's actually wearing a different jersey -- but I hope he's not," Johnny Buss said on KLAC/570. -- Orange County Register.

Oh well I am not opposed to trading him to Chicago for Deng, Gordon, #9 and filler.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kobe reiterated trade request to Jerry Buss

I think Kobe will be a laker for life. He's playing hard ball to
get Jerry to commit to some serious trades, to get them
back in the hunt. Shaq winning another stings him deeply.

I also think that NY will want Kobe big time and might give
up lots of young talent if a trade actually happens. I'll be
shocked though.

DON'T TRADE KB24
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

If this is truly the way he feels - see ya Kobe. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

I hate when players think they are bigger and more important than the organization.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think he's playing hard to get. I think as of right now, he's over the Lakers. I am not suggesting he won't change his mind, but its clear he has hit his limit for now.

p.s. great article post!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I don't think he's playing hard to get. I think as of right now, he's over the Lakers. I am not suggesting he won't change his mind, but its clear he has hit his limit for now.

I agree.

And as far as trading with New York. I am not interested in most of what they will give up. Chicago has a better pick, thanks to NY, and has proven talent that wins games unlike NY.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #6
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if Kobe would want to go to Portland...I wouldn't mind starting over with Oden...
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Magic 32
I wonder if Kobe would want to go to Portland...I wouldn't mind starting over with Oden...

Hmmmmmm.. Interesting.....

But for Oden and who? They want to get rid of Randolf, so we
are half way to Kobe's salary. Would you trade the hottest young
prospect since LeBron, your top scorer and rebounder, and another
$10 million or so worth of players for Kobe? NOT!!! But I might
do that trade, but I'm not Portland's owner.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTerp
I agree.

And as far as trading with New York. I am not interested in most of what they will give up. Chicago has a better pick, thanks to NY, and has proven talent that wins games unlike NY.

You're right of course, but Chi will not give up the package we want.
They are offering Duhon, Nocioni, #9, ????? I'm quite sure they will not
part with Deng or Hinrich. One of those two would make the deal a lot
sweeter.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
You're right of course, but Chi will not give up the package we want.
They are offering Duhon, Nocioni, #9, ????? I'm quite sure they will not
part with Deng or Hinrich. One of those two would make the deal a lot
sweeter.

Everything I have been hearing is exactly what I proposed 3 weeks ago:

Deng, Gordon, #9 and filler to make salaries match.

I think both teams improve in that deal.

Lakers Starting 5:

Farmar
Gordon
Deng
LO
Bynum

With lots of potential for future in Bynum,Deng, Gordon, and #9,#19

Chicago

Kirk
Kobe
Noci
Thomas
Wallace

Duhon of bench

That team is definetly favored to win the east.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

I think the organization has to sit down with Phil and ask him what he feels he can win with. Would Kobe for the above package give them a better chance than retaining Kobe and trading Odom/Bynum for O'Neal? If the answer is yes - trade him now.

In any circumstance, Kobe is hamstrung. He has signed a contract - will he hold out? I think not. He holds out, he damages his reputation again. If he gets traded, we get star talent in return, thus damaging the team he goes to. I don't think any team he goes to will have any better of a chance to win a 'ship.

As far as Kobe's rant - I strongly agree with Bill Walton. Kobe didn't have the attention, so he's going to piss and moan to get the attention. It's a shame that got bigger headlines than LeBron making it to the finals for the first time. Like it or not, LeBron had a WORSE team and made it to the finals. Lebron didn't have a player CLOSE to what Lamar is.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

It seems that Kobe is just putting pressure on the front office. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Lebron is in the Eastern Conference, where the talent is average at best compared to the West. Lebron's team in the West would be ranked somewhere between 6 and 8 if not making the playoffs at all--unfair comparison.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #12
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

I just read an article on ESPN.com that is speculating on a three way deal with Chicago and Washington. Esentially it breaks down to:

Lakers: Arenas, Etan Thomas, #9
Washington: Tyrus Thomas, Gordon, PJ Brown (s&T) and picks from Chi
Chicago: Kobe

Another version involved Boston instead of Washington and replacing Arenas with Peirce.

I guess the Washington deal is ok, but I don't like the Boston senario.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #13
texwinter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

texwinter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
I think the organization has to sit down with Phil and ask him what he feels he can win with. Would Kobe for the above package give them a better chance than retaining Kobe and trading Odom/Bynum for O'Neal? If the answer is yes - trade him now.

In any circumstance, Kobe is hamstrung. He has signed a contract - will he hold out? I think not. He holds out, he damages his reputation again. If he gets traded, we get star talent in return, thus damaging the team he goes to. I don't think any team he goes to will have any better of a chance to win a 'ship.

As far as Kobe's rant - I strongly agree with Bill Walton. Kobe didn't have the attention, so he's going to piss and moan to get the attention. It's a shame that got bigger headlines than LeBron making it to the finals for the first time. Like it or not, LeBron had a WORSE team and made it to the finals. Lebron didn't have a player CLOSE to what Lamar is.
Kobe has no teammate that can shoot consistent jumpshots including Lamar.. James has Pavlovic,Marshall,Damon Jones,Hughes and most especially Boobie Gibson who were all deadly shooters and receipient of a lot of "drive and draw"dishes from LBJ.. even big Z and Gooden have nice mid range "J"..Who does Lakers have when Kobe is off?? Same scenario in PHX. nASH is surrounded by a lot of good shooters making his play quite easy..drive and dish= points!!
texwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTerp
I just read an article on ESPN.com that is speculating on a three way deal with Chicago and Washington. Esentially it breaks down to:

Lakers: Arenas, Etan Thomas, #9
Washington: Tyrus Thomas, Gordon, PJ Brown (s&T) and picks from Chi
Chicago: Kobe

Another version involved Boston instead of Washington and replacing Arenas with Peirce.

I guess the Washington deal is ok, but I don't like the Boston senario.

Thats a horrible package in my mind from the ESPN article... and that would signal the end of PJax and the triangle too. No way I make that deal unless the Lakers get more.

And yes I agree, I don't like anything the Knicks have to offer.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gaadds i'm so tired of this crap from kobe... trade him now...
i want a team in LA not kobe and the lakers
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: