Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Iverson Offers From Teams

Quote:
Los Angeles Times - The early bids are in for Allen Iverson and the Los Angeles Times reportedly has the details.

Boston is offering Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, or anyone but Paul Pierce), Atlanta is offering Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and/or Al Harrington) and Golden State is offering any combination of three players.
[READ]

LINK here

Boston and Atlanta offers are appealing ones for Philly. Not that high on Al Jefferson like Celtics fan rant or sometimes overrate about that player that he'd turn out to be but Green, Telfair and Jefferson are good young guys that can make Philly's future pretty bright. Atlanta with Josh Smith and Marvin Williams i think is what the Sixers should pull the trigger on. Marvin i think will be a good player in the league and Smith has shown a lot of improvement and he reminds me of Laphonso Ellis and a player in the mold of Marion.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

There's no way Atlanta is gonna trade Smith AND Williams. I dont think they'd give up either one. The Hawks will try to pull a Childress, Al Harrington, filler type deal. Which I dont want a part of. Besides, ATL cant do anything cuz their owner is locking up their payroll and they just signed Speedy.

The Boston deal of Al Jefferson, Telfair and Gerald Green isnt attractive either. Al Jefferson has been overrated since his rookie year and the kid "ALJEFFERSONRULES" really made me grow to hate him (old posters know what im talkin about). Telfair isn't all that good. He lost his job last year to Steve Blake. And why would we need Gerald Green when we already have athletic swingmen like Iggy, Carney, and B.Jones.

I dont even know what the warriors would give us, I dont like Troy Murphy.

The Nuggets are apparently ready to offer Camby and Dre Miller, but that just makes us older and not really much better considering they're both injury prone (moreso with Camby).

The best deal to make would be not to deal at all. Grow from within and get better. And add a veteran bigman. Somebody that isn't afraid to bang.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The Boston deal of Al Jefferson, Telfair and Gerald Green isnt attractive either. Al Jefferson has been overrated since his rookie year and the kid "ALJEFFERSONRULES" really made me grow to hate him (old posters know what im talkin about). Telfair isn't all that good. He lost his job last year to Steve Blake. And why would we need Gerald Green when we already have athletic swingmen like Iggy, Carney, and B.Jones.

Al Jefferson may be overrated by Celts fans, but that doesn't mean he's not already a solid big man with the potential to be an all-star big man. He has good ability to score around the basket and rebound. Telfair is still extremely young and there's not a harder position for a young player to learn, his talent is undeniable. And so the Sixers shouldn't take on Gerald Green because they have Iggy and two guys that haven't even played an NBA game yet? I doubt Bobby Jones will be anything more than a 20 minute role player. Carney has potential, but has holes in his game. And while Iggy is great, he still hasn't shown the ability or desire to score and use his ability. Gerald Green is an extremely talented player who showed flashes of what he could be at the end of last season. Having those 3 on the roster isn't going to make me want to pass up the kind of talent he has.

I don't want Iverson traded either as a Sixer fan, but that deal would be very intriguing.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: