Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default Sign and trade John Salmons for Kurt Thomas?

the suns bench is depleted now this offseason, they could use another wing, thomas doesnt fit into their system, they wanna cut salary so theyd be doing that, and salmons can even back up nash at point. I think this would be a great deal for both sides.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

I really dont think theyd have any use for Salmons. They signed Piatkowski - i know he's not much use at this point in his career - have Bell, Jones and Barbosa. Their frontcourt is pretty thin and theyre really gonna need Thomas next season. Nice deal for Philly tho if King is able to pull it off but like i said, its highly unlikely for the Suns to do it.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

If the Suns would do it, I would love to get Kurt Thomas. But I doubt that it will happen. Like NBAfan said, the Suns aren't really looking for John Salmons. Besides, he's a FA. Will his salary match up to Kurt Thomas? He pretty much has to be signed for his current salary for any sign and trade to be allowed (complicated BYC player rules). I don't think it will happen.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
sixty
Good High School Starter

OT: Do you think Salmons will re-sign with the Sixers? A lot of times in the past he indicated that he was not to happy with the team.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

King would try to bring him back so i read. But i also wouldnt mind letting him walk if he demands too much money. Also, i think with Willie Green back and Bobby Jones, who im pretty optimistic about, i dont think he'd get a lot PT.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

he wants him back mostly to sign and trade him, so he can get something for him. But yeah, too much money and not enough in return, obviously let him walk.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

how did the Suns get Thomas??? they traded Q...

Q >>>>> Salmons (duh)
Thomas = Q
get it?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #8
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I don't know about you guys, or some of you. It's like, do you even have ANY Brains whatsoever ? Ah Dah,,we can't re-sign Salmons and then trade him for Thomas! Does the word Impossibility mean anything to you guys ? How about the words...Salary, and Cap ? Or what about the words Base Comp ?

Even if none of those applied, and Salmons re-signed, he would have to be given even more money than Thomas makes because of the Base Comp rules when re-signing your own free agents and then Immediately dealing them. And NO WAY in Hell is Salmons worth 9 million a year, which is what he would have to be signed for, and then dealt to the Suns in order to get Kurt Thomas, and even then Phoenix would have to add another salaried player to make it work.

Please people...THINK before you post!!
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller
I don't know about you guys, or some of you. It's like, do you even have ANY Brains whatsoever ? Ah Dah,,we can't re-sign Salmons and then trade him for Thomas! Does the word Impossibility mean anything to you guys ? How about the words...Salary, and Cap ? Or what about the words Base Comp ?

Even if none of those applied, and Salmons re-signed, he would have to be given even more money than Thomas makes because of the Base Comp rules when re-signing your own free agents and then Immediately dealing them. And NO WAY in Hell is Salmons worth 9 million a year, which is what he would have to be signed for, and then dealt to the Suns in order to get Kurt Thomas, and even then Phoenix would have to add another salaried player to make it work.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't think it would work because of the Base Year Compinsation rule. Technically it's possible with a third team, but that won't happen.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 AM   #10
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller

uh maybe i did think, and didn't kno about this clause or w/e. maybe u need to not open ur mouth if don't got anything good to say. Considering steven a. smith suggested it, maybe u should talk to him.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #11
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Here's how it works. If Kurt Thomas makes at least 50% more than John Salmons' current contract, they can't be traded for each other. You can't just give Salmons a big raise to make the salaries match up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: