Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Who would you take with the #3 pick?

Alright, so the #1 and 2 picks are sure things, but if you were the GM of the Hawks and every position was of equal need, who would you take with the #3 pick and why?

I've yet to hear of any player as the consensus pick at that spot so I was curious who you all would take...is there a player you consider a sure thing at #3?
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who would you take with the #3 pick?

glen davis
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Well they have #3 and #11. If they can be positive that Conley will be available at 11, they should take Brandan Wright at #3. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in another thread.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
Unknown
I hit open layups

Unknown has an OK reputation so far

It's a really tough pick to make if you're the Hawks. Simple reason is there are many, many forwards in the draft, but Atlanta is overstocked with Forwards to begin with. If i were them, I'd trade down, get a nice Shooting Guard and a lower pick, somewhere appropriate in which they could get Conley at.

But, if I were to pick just on basis of potential, best player available disregarding position, it would have to be Brandon Wright.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
It's a really tough pick to make if you're the Hawks. Simple reason is there are many, many forwards in the draft, but Atlanta is overstocked with Forwards to begin with. If i were them, I'd trade down, get a nice Shooting Guard and a lower pick, somewhere appropriate in which they could get Conley at.

But, if I were to pick just on basis of potential, best player available disregarding position, it would have to be Brandon Wright.
They don't have a lot of talent at the PF spot. Or any really. JJ and Childress are good at SG. They just need a point. Conley is a must.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
Unknown
I hit open layups

Unknown has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
They don't have a lot of talent at the PF spot. Or any really. JJ and Childress are good at SG. They just need a point. Conley is a must.

But they have guys who can PLAY that position. They have Pachulia, Smith, Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams. All of them guys can play the PF spot. Most are big enough to play it as well, and most are more athletic then the usual PF.

They could use some Center help though. Hawes could help them quite a bit.

I think the two simplest things for the Hawks to do is to trade down the order, get a 7th or 8th pick. Take Conley with that pick, then with their 11th pick take Hawes or one of the other centers available. Taking Jason Smith might be a bit of a reach at the 11 spot, but he could potentially work out.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glen davis
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

hes the next Shaq
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

If Budinger was in this draft the Hawks would end up with another SF if they drafted regardless of need.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #10
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

If the hawks take conley @ 3rd they mind as well trade the pick for a proven PG already. No diss to Conley but he's definately not 3rd pick material.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No diss to Conley but he's definately not PG material.

How is that not disrespecting Conley? Conley is a good PG, and in two years he'd probably be talked about in the Chris Paul mold. Obviously it depends on him if he works on his game to get there, but he's definitely one of the best point gaurds I've seen last year.

If I were the Hawks I'd take Brandon Wright and then trade the 11th to the Nets for Marcus Williams. Seems like the safest bet.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #12
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
If the hawks take conley @ 3rd they mind as well trade the pick for a proven PG already. No diss to Conley but he's definately not 3rd pick material.

Thats the same thing they said about Deron Williams and look how he turned out!
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #13
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think you have to go with Brandan Wright. I think he's definately gonna be the best scorer out of the draft NEXT YEAR, and win ROY.

I really think he'd be a great pick up for Seattle, but ofcourse media and fan expectations + potential will make them get Durant.

The guy IMO will one day be atleast Chris Bosh, if not KG
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Julian Wright is the 3rd best player in the draft, but why take him unless you have a major trade in the works involving Smith and other pieces for a star big man?

So, next best thing is draft Noah.

Noah and Smith would terrorize players in the paint.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think you have to go with Brandan Wright. I think he's definately gonna be the best scorer out of the draft NEXT YEAR, and win ROY.

I really think he'd be a great pick up for Seattle, but ofcourse media and fan expectations + potential will make them get Durant.

The guy IMO will one day be atleast Chris Bosh, if not KG

The Aldridge must be god. And yes, I know they're not quite the same player.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: