Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Allan Ray to sign with Celtics

Didn't saw a thread on this. Hope it isn't a repost...

Quote:
Celtics Sign Villanova's Ray
"The Boston Celtics announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Allan Ray. (The) 6’2” guard had a stellar four year career at Villanova University where he scored 2,025 points to become the sixth all-time leading scorer in Wildcat history."
link

thoughts?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
datdude
Can barely lace up my sneakers

datdude has an OK reputation so far

You got me, i read the title too fast and thought it said "ray allan to sign with the celtics"
datdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

steal by the celts
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I don't see why they are signing him right away. Although I felt that he should've been drafted, the Celts should give him a run in the Summer League and then judge whether they want to sign him or not.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's already a thread in the Cs Forum, but not here on the main board. It's good to have everyone gaze on at Danny's mastery in envy...Ok, that's an exaggeration. But it's funny, two years in a row Danny has used a second-round pick on an All-American (this year it was Leon Powe) and Allan Ray was one of the best scorers in the Big East. Of late accomplished college players have really been overlooked by GMs hunting for "upside" and Danny's capitalizing off of that.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

good move by danny.

IMO, allen ray should of been drafted.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I'm eager to see how he plays. This could be a good move by us, and there's certainly no risk.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

lol, how did Allan Ray go undrafted. That's crazy. Didn't he score 20ppg in college? Or was that Lowry? You can't tell me he doesn't have bench player potential.

Good signing by the Celtics. What happens to Tony Allen now?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
lol, how did Allan Ray go undrafted. That's crazy. Didn't he score 20ppg in college? Or was that Lowry? You can't tell me he doesn't have bench player potential.

Good signing by the Celtics. What happens to Tony Allen now?

That was Foye.

I assume that he will play garbage minutes behind Tony Allen.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Exclamation Kiss the girls....lay them grey

I always seen his name but...who is Allen Ray, what position does he play, and what are his strengths/weaknesses?

Kiss Murder =
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
That was Foye.
I think I might have been confusing Foye and Lowry's names consistently for the last year. Don't mind me.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #12
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

The whole eye getting poked out hurt him a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCP--ZGcYXY
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #13
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

allan ray was my favorite college player last year, im glad he got signed to a team that i like to watch.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

let's be realistic..allan ray is going to ride the pine with pierce and wally on the wings
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Excellent signing by the Celtics, nice steal Danny Ainge.

Let's see what he can do in the summer league first though.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: