Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Tony Parker: Worst final MVP ever?

Although Parker was named the final MVP, there's still numerous doubts about whether he deserved the award. The reasons are simple but clear:

First of all, he benefited a lot from Duncan's bad shot. As is known to all, a PF like Duncan ought to be capable to get at least 25+ and 12+ to totally dominate the game, while Duncan failed to grasp as many points as he was required to, and thereby missing the chance to be nominated as the MVP again. In a word, Parker won his MVP award due to the fact that the others performed even worse than him.

Second of all, he didn't accomplish the essential job for a Point Guard. With merely 2,3 and 1 assist in the last 3 games, Parker got even less assists than most of the shooting guard and small forward. Was it difficult to assist your teammates when there's a PF like Duncan and plenty of shooters waiting for open-air? Compared to the point guard like M Johnson Billups who used his assists to make his teammates better, Parker's way to lift the team was grasping points. How can he make his team better by merely doing layup?

At last, he never completely took over the game. For instance, Parker got almost all of his points in the first 3 quarters of game 4 and it was his teammates who stopped the Cavaliers from forcing a game 5. The recent final MVPs, ranging from inside scorers like O'neal and Duncan, outside shooters like Jordan and Wade, did a wonderful job to dominate the games they won, but Parker didn't. This situation was quite similar to the game 6 between Mavericks and Warriors when S jackson made quantities of 3-points shot in the 3rd quarter to kill the Mavericks and made a tremendous impression on the audience. however, both of them were actually supporting roles in their team.

In this way, it has been made clear that Parker should be called the worst final MVP in the NBA history.Still, I have to say this was the worst NBA final that I have ever encountered through my life. No domination, no passion; no struggles, no offense. It's like killing my time to watch 4 games like these.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tony Parker: Worst final MVP ever?

No, Parker > Billups

He dominated game 4... and hit the clutch shot in game 3.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

parker has done well throughout the playoffs and in the finals. i say chauncey billups as well
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

Finals MVP players don't play terrible in NBA Finals games, if they did they wouldn't get that recognition as the best player. Therefore Tony Parker was a good choice for finals mvp.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered somewhat coolOrlando Magic is considered somewhat cool

Without Duncan the Spurs lose that series pretty badly.

Without Parker they probably still win... if not, they'd at least make a series of it.

I don't care if Parker's stats were better. (and they weren't... just his PPG)... Duncan is more valuable and WAS the most valuable player in the Finals.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If your gonna compare him to all the other finals MVPs probably yeah but its gonna go down between him and Chauncy. But still he deserved it in the series. He was clutch and no one could stop him.
I agree with you on calling this one of the worst Finals ever though
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Jo Jo White
Dennis Johnson
Cedric Maxwell
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker

I believe those are all the Finals MVP's not in the Hall or that are probally not going. Take your pick.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
No, Parker > Billups

He dominated game 4... and hit the clutch shot in game 3.
Don't think that Billups is better than Parker but yes he did deserve MVP is the worse ever I don't know. Not one of the better ones thats for sure.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Jo Jo White
Dennis Johnson
Cedric Maxwell
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker

I believe those are all the Finals MVP's not in the Hall or that are probally not going. Take your pick.
Yeah thats about right.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kiddlovesnets, you make some points, but my question is: Did you do any research on the previous Finals' MVP's or did you just add this title to generate more interest?

The 2 most unfair Finals' MVP's ever for me were:

1978: Wes Unseld: Averaged 9.0/11.7/3.9 and a not-so-stellar 0.1 blocks, compared to 20.7/11.9 and 2 blocks for Elvin Hayes.

1981: Cedric Maxwell:17.7/9.5/2.8, compared to 15.3/15.3/7.0/2.3 for Larry Bird. Honestly, I can't figure out how many millions of complaints a decision like this would generate today...
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dennis will probably go to the HOF.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW, I've always maintained that there should be Playoff MVP's instead of Finals' MVP's. I mean, you don't jump from the regular season to the Finals without playing a few more important games...
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #13
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Kiddlovesnets, you make some points, but my question is: Did you do any research on the previous Finals' MVP's or did you just add this title to generate more interest?

The 2 most unfair Finals' MVP's ever for me were:

1978: Wes Unseld: Averaged 9.0/11.7/3.9 and a not-so-stellar 0.1 blocks, compared to 20.7/11.9 and 2 blocks for Elvin Hayes.

1981: Cedric Maxwell:17.7/9.5/2.8, compared to 15.3/15.3/7.0/2.3 for Larry Bird. Honestly, I can't figure out how many millions of complaints a decision like this would generate today...
Probally none, his numbers were better the Birds across the board.

Cornbread >> Larry Legend
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #14
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Whos the better player out of billups and parker? its debatable...

but Billups was a better "finals MVP" than Parker was...

also:

Quote:
Cedric Maxwell:17.7/9.5/2.8, compared to 15.3/15.3/7.0/2.3 for Larry Bird

how is Maxwells numbers better across the board than birds???? thats ludacris

Last edited by Aussie Dunker : 06-16-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

neither Billups nor Chauncey deserved theirs. but, yes, Parker is the worst Finals MVP I know of. first of all Chauncey is better than him. second of all Duncan deserved it more this year than Wallace did the year chauncey won it.

but honestly it doesn't surprise me Duncan didn't win it this year. he practically did all he could to give it away, did you see his game 4 performance? he didn't want it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: