Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Rocket fans: Do you want Artest?

I'm very apprehensive.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rocket fans: Do you want Artest?

Only if he will behave here in Houston. If he behaves like Bonzi Wells did last season, then that'll be alright, but if he runrs into a trouble maker, hell nawl.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic has decent reputationOrlando Magic has decent reputation

The Rockets don't need Artest because they have Battier. If they didn't have Battier I'd be all for it. But as of now, what's the point? Battier to PF? I still don't like that.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Only if he will behave here in Houston. If he behaves like Bonzi Wells did last season, then that'll be alright, but if he runrs into a trouble maker, hell nawl.
I kinda need you to..........answer. You didn't answer.

Yes, no, or "I don't know right now" would do. I think everyone would answer "If he behaves, yes. If he doesn't, no". So we're throwing that out because that would go without saying.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #5
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
The Rockets don't need Artest because they have Battier. If they didn't have Battier I'd be all for it. But as of now, what's the point? Battier to PF? I still don't like that.
Rocket fans only (per thread title).

Input not needed. And you reasoning sucks.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I kinda need you to..........answer. You didn't answer.

Yes, no, or "I don't know right now" would do. I think everyone would answer "If he behaves, yes. If he doesn't, no". So we're throwing that out because that would go without saying.
YES.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
Orlando Magic

Quote:

Rockets are the only team I root for out of the West. True, I'm only truly a Magic fan, but whatever...

My reasoning sucks? What are they going to do? Have Battier or Artest come off the bench? Waste. They need Mike James... who they got. Now they need a better PF. Not Artest.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
fatboy11

Quote:
My reasoning sucks? Rockets are the only team I root for out of the West. True, I'm only truly a Magic fan, but whatever...

My reasoning sucks? What are they going to do? Have Battier or Artest come off the bench? Waste. They need Mike James... who they got. Now they need a better PF. Not Artest.
Battier is fine off the bench with Bonzi. What better 2/3 bench duo would there be?

Yes, we need a power forward. Who says if we trade for Artest that we won't get one? You can't address all your needs in every move you make.

This is why your reasoning absolutely sucks.

And no one with the handle "Orlando Magic" can call themselves a Rocket fan.

Be gone. Shew.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #9
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

It would like him here but I much rather get a good PF.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Battier is fine off the bench with Bonzi. What better 2/3 bench duo would there be?

Yes, we need a power forward. Who says if we trade for Artest that we won't get one? You can't address all your needs in every move you make.

This is why your reasoning absolutely sucks.

And no one with the handle "Orlando Magic" can call themselves a Rocket fan.

Be gone. Shew.

Let me break it down for you simpleton. Artest is not a better compliment to the Rockets than Battier is, and he should not start over Battier. Battier is a better shooter and nearly the same defender. What does Ron do better? Post scoring. Do they need that out of their SF? No. They have a go to swingman and a go to center.

He is simply not worth the risk to the attitude of the team simply because he is not an upgrade from Battier for the Rockets.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
It would like him here but I much rather get a good PF.
Again..........WE CAN DO BOTH.

Some real geniuses around these parts. I tell ya.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Don't even start this crap, if you want a Rockets only thread, put it in the Rockets board, idiot.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Get him now. He might be a head case, but he's better than 95% of SF and he plays defense.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #14
fatboy11

Quote:
Let me break it down for you simpleton. Artest is not a better compliment to the Rockets than Battier is, and he should not start over Battier. Battier is a better shooter and nearly the same defender. What does Ron do better? Post scoring. Do they need that out of their SF? No. They have a go to swingman and a go to center.

He is simply not worth the risk to the attitude of the team simply because he is not an upgrade from Battier for the Rockets.
Worth the risk?

What risk? Word is we give up Snyder, #26, and Bob Sura. That's it. There is no fu*king risk.

And no, Battier is not a better defender than Artest. They are both great, but they are different defenders stylistically. Artest is a lockdown defender and Battier isn't.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #15
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Don't even start this crap, if you want a Rockets only thread, put it in the Rockets board, idiot.

Mathius
Why? So it can get no response. I don't even go there. Idiot.

fatboy11
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: