Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #16
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rocket fans: Do you want Artest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Worth the risk?

What risk? Word is we give up Snyder, #26, and Bob Sura. That's it. There is no fu*king risk.

And no, Battier is not a better defender than Artest. They are both great, but they are different defenders stylistically. Artest is a lockdown defender and Battier isn't.

No risk? Are you ****ing retarded or were you not around for what happened to Indiana(I know you were)?

It doesn't matter if you get him for free if such a thing were even possible(it's not). By the time you'd make the move to get rid of him if he didn't work out, the damage would be done. He is simply not a big enough upgrade from Battier to risk it. There's no point.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

i think tmac would love to have a guy like artest beside him to make up for his easygoing-ness.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #18
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Artest? No. What does he do so special that Battier can't do? Besides robbing cars and knowing where a clean punch should land.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do it, Aldeman knows how to get the best out of Artest. Rockets have to take some risky move to advance further in the playoffs... and if he doesn't work out, his contract is very friendly to move.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Artest? No. What does he do so special that Battier can't do? Besides robbing cars and knowing where a clean punch should land.
Are you serious?

Hmm. Maybe something like........score 18 points a night. Lockdown just about any small forward/shooting guard in the league. Bring a much needed physical presence. Bring more rebounding. Add more to the offense.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I wonder if any of you know that he basically has one year left on his contract. He has a player option for the year after next at like 8 million that he is sure to opt out of.

Rish, huh?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

[quote=Orlando Magic]
Quote:
No risk? Are you ****ing retarded or were you not around for what happened to Indiana(I know you were)?

You can't place all the blame on Artest for what happened to the Pacers. They were winning when he was there. Hell, they were only two wins away from the Finals. I'm not saying he was angel, but when someone hits you with a cup of beer in the face, you'd have to think most people would have done the same thing Artest did.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #24
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This

Knoe Struh Damus has an OK reputation so far

Sure it's a risk, but this team's gutted in the 1st round the last 2 years. I think taking risks are mandatory at this point. Artest gives this team a guy with balls, something this team doesn't have a lot of.
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #25
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Again..........WE CAN DO BOTH.

Some real geniuses around these parts. I tell ya.
I said that I would like Artest but wouldn't get him if it effected the PF that houston got in any way.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #26
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #27
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Struh Damus
Sure it's a risk, but this team's gutted in the 1st round the last 2 years. I think taking risks are mandatory at this point. Artest gives this team a guy with balls, something this team doesn't have a lot of.

I guarantee you if Artest goes to Houston, Yao will be playing like 1992-1996 Shaq. He'll make a man out of Yao.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #28
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

yes i want artest. at the price we are giving who wouldnt?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

As a Raptors fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't count, I'd say that you have to take the risk and acquire Artest if it's only for Snyder, Sura and the 26 pick. The Rockets, in my opinion are missing one key contributor from being a title contender. Artest, when focused is a very good secondary option and provides superb defense. He may be a headcase, but his talents and ability to put Houston over the top make it a necessary move. If I were a Rocket fan, seeing that I don't have to give up anything significant and Artest's affordable contract, would see it as a low risk, HIGH reward type move, something you have to do.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #30
Rockets(T-mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
As a Raptors fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't count, I'd say that you have to take the risk and acquire Artest if it's only for Snyder, Sura and the 26 pick. The Rockets, in my opinion are missing one key contributor from being a title contender. Artest, when focused is a very good secondary option and provides superb defense. He may be a headcase, but his talents and ability to put Houston over the top make it a necessary move. If I were a Rocket fan, seeing that I don't have to give up anything significant and Artest's affordable contract, would see it as a low risk, HIGH reward type move, something you have to do.
I agree. If he comes at that price I would get him for sure.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: