Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 12:51 AM   #31
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rocket fans: Do you want Artest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
As a Raptors fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't count, I'd say that you have to take the risk and acquire Artest if it's only for Snyder, Sura and the 26 pick. The Rockets, in my opinion are missing one key contributor from being a title contender. Artest, when focused is a very good secondary option and provides superb defense. He may be a headcase, but his talents and ability to put Houston over the top make it a necessary move. If I were a Rocket fan, seeing that I don't have to give up anything significant and Artest's affordable contract, would see it as a low risk, HIGH reward type move, something you have to do.

I agree. Regardless of his mental state, he is a better all-around player than almost all SF in the NBA. His defense is insane, the man could easily average 7-8 RPG and 2 SPG. He could also chip in with 15-20 PPG. Artest goes to Houston, the Rockets are looking at the WCF if everyone remains healthy.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #32
Fudge
Budadiiii stan

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here

Actually, i'm a bit into this whole Artest thing now only because I haven't realized that it was a pretty cheap solution.

Sura? Snyder? 26th Pick? Not much at all, and can't really pass on that. But that decreases our chances to getting a decent Power Forward.
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #33
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Actually, i'm a bit into this whole Artest thing now only because I haven't realized that it was a pretty cheap solution.

Sura? Snyder? 26th Pick? Not much at all, and can't really pass on that. But that decreases our chances to getting a decent Power Forward.

Um, Battier?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #34
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Every heard of the MLE?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #35
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Yeah thats what I'm concerned with too.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #36
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)

You have the mid level exception, which will be around $5,500,000 to sign a respectable power forward.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #37
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Again, the MLE pays like over 6 million a year. You don't think we can get a good power forward to come here for that?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #38
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
You have the mid level exception, which will be around $5,500,000 to sign a respectable power forward.

well we have to sign chucky back also guys atleast 2 mill
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #39
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Again, the MLE pays like over 6 million a year. You don't think we can get a good power forward to come here for that?

I heard Jason Collins earns around 6 mill next year. Problem solved.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #40
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
well we have to sign chucky back also guys atleast 2 mill
Exactly. We can re-sign Chuck at a very reasonable price. I'm thinking 3 years and 9 million would do the trick. That's cheap.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #41
Fudge
Budadiiii stan

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Not really, no.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:05 AM   #42
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Exactly. We can re-sign Chuck at a very reasonable price. I'm thinking 3 years and 9 million would do the trick. That's cheap.

3 mill is very cheap. If Jason Collins earns 6 mill, a decent PF will want at least 8-9 mill.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #43
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
We were looking for a PF that could give us more rebounds and offense. Chuck is great for his size but he needs help when Yao is on the bench.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #44
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
We were looking for a PF that could give us more rebounds and offense. Chuck is great for his size but he needs help when Yao is on the bench.

Isn't Varejao an unrestricted free agent? If so, how much would he want?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #45
Fudge
Budadiiii stan

Would Mikki Moore demand more? The guy increased his stock this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: