Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #61
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Big time college scorers don't always translate into the NBA. In Spoon's case his points left the day the athleticism left.

A rebounder, and thats about it. Used to score by force, Shaq mini. No offensive game except for put backs and dunks.

I'd like to hear otherwise. Neither of you have proved your point yet. You both happily disagree with me, but refuse to enlighten me on your own Spoon perspectives.

You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...

Quote:
By the time Radja was playing we were getting two-three games a week. Celtics got a bit of airtime, and I didn't even need to see 76er games to make a statement about Weatherspoon,

Game over.

Last edited by GOBB : 07-09-2006 at 02:57 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #62
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Spoon avg 16ppg, 18ppg 18ppg, 17ppg as a Sixer. Yet had no offensive game.




Guess they are in fairyland as well

You want more links that prove Spoon not only came outta college a scorer, he entered the league and for 4yrs as a Sixer proved he was a scorer! You cant avg that and not have an offensive game. You didnt see Spoon play which you admitted so how can you sit here and DEFEND he wasnt a scorer?

Oh I get it you are giving us the Spoon at the tailend of his career. You're lookin at Spoon when he played for the Rockets and Knicks and basing your silly assessment on that.

And what did he do to get those points GOBB? I want to hear your opinion, not nba.com's. What did you see GOBB?
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #63
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #64
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...



Game over.

Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er. I'd like to hear your thoughts on him mate.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #65
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become

How silly? I haven't heard a single subjective view from either you or GOBB based on viewing Spoon as a 76er. All I have been fed is stats. I know his stats, and I know what type of player he is. I guess I just understand basketball better than the both of you morons.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er.

Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.


You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #67
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #68
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.


You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder".

I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #69
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

for the record I remember Spoon well as a Sixer, I still cant get the image of those ugly rainbow unis out of my head.

All rookie second team (typical for end of the bench fodder?)
finisher on the break (typical for a fat tub of lard hun Ced?)
Great rebounder
Active defender who blocked shots
post up or penetrate
not a 3 point threat though, but at 6'7" 270 you want him in the middle
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #70
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.

how can we be talking out our ass when web links and facts and statistics from the real world, not your opinion based world have been provided

you are arguing that your opnions trump facts
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #71
Salto Morale
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 22
Default

Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.
Salto Morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #72
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers

That is a really bad argument. It is quite obvious to anyone watching players that have gotten older, what their current skill sets are+then add youth (athleticism, speed, fitness).

Kareem and Walton had fantastic skill sets as older players, and adding athleticism, responding time etc, is what they played like when they were younger.

Weatherspoon has no offensive game as an old man, which makes me think he never worked out how to score without brute strength or athleticism.

You have been owned.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #73
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,774
Default

As we have previously mentioned, Ced doesn't actually watch basketball. Remember that when reading what he has to say.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #74
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salto Morale
Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.

read the whole thread smart guy.

BTW Spoon almost never shot threes so your opinion is limited in value
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #75
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salto Morale
Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.
His career-high for 3-point shooting is 25%. Didn't hit a single one for the last 8 seasons of his career.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy