Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #16
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: If the refs gave Wade BS calls last yr why didnt they give Lebron this yr??

Because there is no German in the Spurs. Stern doesn't hate French.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #17
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: If the refs gave Wade BS calls last yr why didnt they give Lebron this yr??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Because it would be too obvious. Even an NBA player (TMac) said it looked fixed. Plus they also had Shaq. The NBA loves Shaq.
Any proof of T-mac saying this?

Wade got more calls because he drove more.

Last edited by Rockets(T-mac) : 06-17-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #18
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

because LeBron doesn't pumpfake then throw himself into stationary defenders fishing for calls, nor does he flail all over the place at the slightest contact (usually initiated by himself) but rather tries to power through it and still score. Stern also doesn't hate Danny Ferry/Gordon Gund
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #19
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Any proof of T-mac saying this?

Wade got more calls because he drove more.

He said it on a radio show and the audio was posted all over this board last summer...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #20
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
TMac said it looked fixed...hahaha, I honestly never heard that before. Hmm..now I hate TMac more than I used to, pretty astute finals commentator for someone who has never won a playoff series.

there are 2 reasons for this:

1 Dallas vs San Antonio
-Dallas's on the ball defense sucked, and Wade got a step on his immediate defender.
-Dallas's defensive rotations were slow (Damp, Diop) and Wade was beating them to the spot.
-Bowen was a great on the ball defender in the series.
-the Spurs double team on Bron came earlier than the Mavs one on Wade
-Spurs defense is in position earlier than Dallas's thus avoiding the blocking call.

Wade vs Bron
-Wade has a better jumpshot, defender has to man up at all times
-Wade has better body control
-Wade attacks the rim, draws contact fades away
-Bron attacks the rim and goes through the contact (harder to call)
-Miami had post threats that facilitated late helpside rotations (you couldn't ignore Shaq and Zo and Udon the way you can Sideshow, Z and Gooden)

there you have it
I'm a Laker fan and I'll even admit we had some help from the refs during the Shaq/Kobe years. Anyone who thinks sports is untainted is delusional.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let the "Wade's a cheater" debate begin.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #22
baller562
I airball my layups

baller562 has an OK reputation so far

http://youtube.com/watch?v=da6eM1aitMs

says it here....
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller562
Wow.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #24
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Here is something I never understood, how the hec are games fixed??

I mean what do they do, tell the 3 refs for that night to make sure they call whistles in a certain way?

The game is not as corrupt as you some of you think...
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #25
baller562
I airball my layups

well i cant prove the NBA is rigged, and i hate to say it b/c im A HUGE NBA FAN, above football, baseball, everything. But i've seen shiet the last couple of years that has me believing, there is some influence to the game that doesn't belong there. Its not as hard as you think, you call a foul here or there, put the other team in the penalty, fouls play a bigger part than you think... it handicaps the other team on offense and defense, and in crucial situation, basketball is THE SPORT that can be decided by officiating. This is hard in baseball, and impossible in football, but in basketball, the refs can influence the outcome.

Superstar treatment is also another factor that shouldn't be there... no other sport favors their "stars" like the NBA. If there is one negative aspect jordan's greatness has brought to the NBA, its this. The NBA made ridiculous money because of Jordan's star power, and that's the success the NBA is looking for. Im a HUGE laker fan, but 2001 Kings vs. Lakers gm 6 was RIDICULOUS (twenty something free throws in the fourth quarter for the lakers). Last years finals was ridiculous. You gotta be blind not to see that there is some type of "influence" in the game that's been going on recently, but what can I do, its the game I love and we got the best athletes and entertainment in the world. Just wish the game was pure and untainted like in the 80's.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #26
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Just like I said, in what method is it rigged (anyone). I know people are quick to say, "well it's obviously the foul calls dumbass."

Oh really, HOW? What, the refs are treated as a single entity, and that entity makes the decision to favor a certain team (so three individuals of their own accord, all decide to call it a certain way?)

Or, is there some memo they get before a game/series from Stern to call the game a certain way?

If that's not it, I can't see how refs could give a fck one way or the other.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
baller562
I airball my layups

If i knew the answer to that, I would write a book and expose that idiot david stern. There's no obvious "method", the NBA wouldn't make it blatant. The ref's could be told something before the game, who knows? The NBA is pusssy now, esp. with the sliding defender offensive fouls and all the floppers in the league, no hand check call, etc. the more fouls you call every game, the more power you give to the refs...
Old 06-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #28
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Lebron wins a title, he stays in Cleveland which is a smaller market than San Antonio. Lebron loses and leaves for NY which is Sterns ULTIMATE DREAM.

Mavs lost because of Mark Cuban and his big mouth. There is no secret that Cuban is always phoning the league about little bitty things.
what i find funny is that Cuban was the one lobbying for the hand check rule because nowtizki was getting mugged on the perimeter. the rule was in place and it ended up killing the mavs because wade had a free trip to the lane.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #29
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

I don't think it's corrupt, other than superstar treatment, I seriously doubt games are fixed, it's easy to say there's no "method," and therefore ending all logical extrapolations.

Last edited by Solid Snake : 06-17-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #30
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

One thing I see that seems to NEVER get mentioned is thatthe Mavs fouled Shaq every time he made a move to the basket because they didn't want him to get easy baskets.

As a result the Mavs were in the penalty early almost every quarter. Because Wade is so aggressive, and quick the Mavs kept fouling him and he kept going to the stripe. So even on non shooting fouls, Wade would get to the line because the Mavs were in the penalty. Avery Johnson adjusted to late.

Plus, and I believe Knoe mentioned this. Where was the Wade freethrow outrage before the Finals started?

Here are a couple of other things to think about:

Dirk and Wade both averaged 10 FTA a game in the playoffs last year

Dirk broke Micheal Jordan's playoff record for most freethrows attempted and this was BEFORE the Finals.

Yet the Finals were fixed for Wade

Why not Dirk who broke Micheal Jordan's record despite being a far less aggressive offensive player?

The Wade NBA Finals conspiracy theory is one of the dumbest most played out accusations I've ever seen.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: