Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #31
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Default Re: If the refs gave Wade BS calls last yr why didnt they give Lebron this yr??

^^^

Thank you, some logic finally.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: If the refs gave Wade BS calls last yr why didnt they give Lebron this yr??

Because Tim Duncan would never stop crying about it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #33
baller562
I airball my layups

maybe it's not a fix... but those calls were COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT. Those fouls called at the end of the game (around 5 of them) were completely moronic. Those calls by those incompetent refs DID change the outcome to one or two of those games.. nothing against wade, he's a tremendous player.
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #34
Vragrant
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
^^^

Thank you, some logic finally.

Yean, another thing I wonder. For those who think its fixed, why are they watching the gamesin the first place? If you think the results are predetermined or called in a biased way to get a certain result, you have to pretty much be a glutton for punishment to sit there and watch a league you think is fixed (which it isn't).

I don't get it

If you're saying your'e watching because you love basketball, I can see that but I still don't understand why someone would continue to support a leauge (NBA) which they think has no integrity. If that's the case maybe watching college ball would be better or something else.

Last edited by Vragrant : 06-17-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #35
barne100
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
One thing I see that seems to NEVER get mentioned is thatthe Mavs fouled Shaq every time he made a move to the basket because they didn't want him to get easy baskets.

As a result the Mavs were in the penalty early almost every quarter. Because Wade is so aggressive, and quick the Mavs kept fouling him and he kept going to the stripe. So even on non shooting fouls, Wade would get to the line because the Mavs were in the penalty. Avery Johnson adjusted to late.

Plus, and I believe Knoe mentioned this. Where was the Wade freethrow outrage before the Finals started?

Here are a couple of other things to think about:

Dirk and Wade both averaged 10 FTA a game in the playoffs last year

Dirk broke Micheal Jordan's playoff record for most freethrows attempted and this was BEFORE the Finals.

Yet the Finals were fixed for Wade

Why not Dirk who broke Micheal Jordan's record despite being a far less aggressive offensive player?

The Wade NBA Finals conspiracy theory is one of the dumbest most played out accusations I've ever seen.

so you didnt watch the series then...? the argument would work if none of us had watched the games... but being that we did it was clear Wade was getting some unbelievable calls...

also the free throws have been increasing for awhile now because of the new defensive rules... thats why dirk was shooting plenty... nobody is arguing that.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #36
barne100
Good High School Starter

i think lebron didnt get the calls because the cavs offensive game is pitiful compared to miami's of last year and it would have been even more evident if the games were officiated like they were last year.

also they could have given lebron shots every time down and the spurs probably still would have won...
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #37
Vragrant
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by barne100
so you didnt watch the series then...? the argument would work if none of us had watched the games... but being that we did it was clear Wade was getting some unbelievable calls...

Of course I watched the games. If you yourself actually watched the games yourself would understand that Wade got the calls because of the early penalty situation combined with the fact that

a)He's the most aggressive, relentless player on the court
b)Handles the ball on almost every possession
c)Also plays a ton on minutes.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #38
-primetime-

becasue Cuban prety much caught them last year in that investigation he spent so much money on...

the NBA knows that everyone is going to be looking for that, it would be far to risky for them to do it two years in a row...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #39
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Quote:
it would be far to risky for them to do it two years in a row...

For them to do what exactly? Do you believe there's a committee that tells the refs how to call the game before each game?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #40
WorldWarriors
Decent playground baller

Quote:
For them to do what exactly? Do you believe there's a committee that tells the refs how to call the game before each game?

This thread is unbelievable. Wade got calls because he exploited the rules when the opportunity presented itself. Only a couple of fouls were actually no fouls at all. Most were touch fouls. However, its up to the refs to make the call. The only time they become an issue is when the foul shots decide the game and your team is on the losing end.

I watched Wade the entire playoffs and he did the same thing in the Detroit series. If he gets the call he goes to the line. If he doesn't he proceeds to the basket and make the shot anyway. He is just relentless going to the hole. Thats what set him apart from Lebron in these finals. He didn't pass off he took it straight up the middle. I believe if Dirk had did the same thing continuously throughout the game by the 4th quarter he would have gotten the same calls.
WorldWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #41
-primetime-

Quote:
yeah...a committe of only a few people...

the league GMs got together with a couple refs after game 2 and basically said this:

"The NBA is losing fans/ratings and our salaries/jobs are in question. We can't have some big tall German that can barely speak english be the face of the NBA. We need a new Jordan, someone who will make the NBA what it used to be. Shaq and Wade being the faces of the NBA are in all of our best interests. Make sure the Heat win this game or your fired."

I am not saying it is 100% true but after watching those games you would have to be a fool not to at least question it...many NBA players have voiced that they beleive this inculding T-Mac. Cuban has spent millions investigating it and has said that he is not alowed to say what he found in public but if he did that the fans of the NBA would be completely shocked...he has even threatened to sell the Mavs because of this...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #42
kentatm
NBA Legend

near the end of game 6 wade stiff armed Dirk on the perimeter. Dirk was moving away and Wade literally shoved him. Whistle blows, Wade to the line and the game is pretty much put out of reach right there. This is undeniable.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #43
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
yeah...a committe of only a few people...

Never said it was a few people.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:
Never said it was a few people.
uhh...okay?

all I was saying is that the league's GMs could have easily gotten together with a couple refs...it isn't like that is outlandish or anything
Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #45
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Wade was more aggressive.
Lebron was...
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: