Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 04:38 AM   #16
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

because tracy mcgrady is on this team
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #17
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Yeah, of course. Finesse makes you bad right? How many dominant players are in the league anymore? The likely answer there is none.

It's not like being strong and dominant matters for much anymore in the league anyway, they just happened to verse a team in the first round that was clearly better then them.
Why did you quote me?? I never said he was bad I said he was soft.... I gave Yao props in my last post, I think he is a good player.

I swear some of you all have trouble comprehending stuff. lolo
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #18
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames
Get of Tmac's nutz...Yao is garbage??? He done more for the Rockets than injury prone lil T-mac. If it wasn't for Yao no one would give a **** about the Rockets. Yao is a top 3 player at his position... Mc Grady isn't even in top 10 at his position.

Really, who backs Kobe at shooting gaurd at the all star game? Mcgrady.

I would say McGrady is the second best at his position. You know nothing about basketball, it's really sad coming onto a board and saying something so stupid as Tmac isn't a top 10 at SG.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #19
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Get of Tmac's nutz...Yao is garbage??? He done more for the Rockets than injury prone lil T-mac. If it wasn't for Yao no one would give a **** about the Rockets. Yao is a top 3 player at his position... Mc Grady isn't even in top 10 at his position.

Wrong on both count

Yao is TOP 1 in his position. Name another center in the league currently better then Yao? There is none at all.

McGrady isn't top 10? Serious? Enlighten everyone, name 10 SG's better then McGrady?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:43 AM   #20
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
He carries his team every year into the playoffs, is a scoring machine. He brought his team back from a double digit deficit with 35 seconds to go. In comparison to Kobe, he does everything Kobe has done with out Shaq. Now are you going to say Kobe is trash?

You have no appreciation for the type of skill it takes to do what T Mac does night in and night out.
Dude loses in the first round every year....he is used to losing..hahaha

seriously though.... There is no comparison between Kobe and Mcgrady you are just out of your mind. Kobe has 3 rings

Oh yeah tell you what....If Kobe had Yao on his team he wouldn't be losing in the first round that is for sure.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:44 AM   #21
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Wrong on both count

Yao is TOP 1 in his position. Name another center in the league currently better then Yao? There is none at all.

McGrady isn't top 10? Serious? Enlighten everyone, name 10 SG's better then McGrady?

Are you being sarcastic about Yao being number 1 at his position? Duncan plays center, he is not a PF. So that means Duncan>Yao.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 AM   #22
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Are you being sarcastic about Yao being number 1 at his postition? Duncan plays center, he is not a PF. So that means Duncan>Yao.

Lol. Check your **** man. Duncan is a PF. Says so on EVERY SITE, EVERY GAME HE PLAYS and HE EVEN CALLS HIMSELF A FORWARD. not a center :)
Old 06-17-2007, 04:47 AM   #23
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Dude loses in the first round every year....he is used to losing..hahaha

seriously though.... There is no comparison between Kobe and Mcgrady you are just out of your mind. Kobe has 3 rings

Oh yeah tell you what....If Kobe had Yao on his team he wouldn't be losing in the first round that is for sure.

Your out of your mind. How many teams don't even make it to the playoffs. Every year all but 1 team can be called losers. That's just a stupid thing to talk about McGrady not making it out of the first round. He hasn't been healthy and has ran into teams that were better. Carlos Boozer was owning Yao, and Deron Williams was killing. Kobe can't seem to make it past the first round either with out Shaq. Yao is no Shaq either.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #24
jimmyjames

Quote:
Wrong on both count

Amare that is who...

Mcgrady doesn't play primarily SG... he plays SF also...

Oh and before you tell me that my list is half PG's I know.... guards are all lumped into one category these days... same thing with Forwards..some of the guys on my list like AI started at pg and sg,

Iverson
Kobe
Rip
Arenas
Davis
Kidd
Redd
Nash
K-Mart
J. Johnson
Parker
AI#2
Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #25
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Lol. Check your **** man. Duncan is a PF. Says so on EVERY SITE, EVERY GAME HE PLAYS and HE EVEN CALLS HIMSELF A FORWARD. not a center :)

I know people say that, but he is compared to players like Shaq and Wilt. The only reason he is playing PF is because he can shoot. I think of players like Rasheed and KG as PF's, not Duncan. Duncan alway plays D of the opposing teams centers, but it's retarded he gets to be called a PF.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #26
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Amare that is who...

Oh and before you tell me that my list is half PG's I know.... guards are all lumped into one category these days... same thing with Forwards..some of the guys on my list like AI started at pg and sg,

Iverson
Kobe
Rip
Arenas
Davis
Kidd
Redd
Nash
K-Mart
J. Johnson
Parker
AI#2

First of all...No, he is a SG..Period. I don't know where you got the idea that they are all grouped into one but that's wrong. You your self said he wasn't a top 10 SG, not gaurd. Let me just compare him to your list though.

Iverson Hellllllllll noooooo!!!!!!!
Kobe He's better than Tmac
Rip Hell No
Arenas Hell No
Davis Hell No
Kidd Hell No
Redd Hell No
Nash Hell No
K-Mart Hell No
J. Johnson Hell No
Parker Hell No
AI#2 Hell No

The only 2 players that are in T Macs league are Kobe and Pierce.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #27
jimmyjames

Quote:
Your out of your mind. How many teams don't even make it to the playoffs. Every year all but 1 team can be called losers. That's just a stupid thing to talk about McGrady not making it out of the first round. He hasn't been healthy and has ran into teams that were better. Carlos Boozer was owning Yao, and Deron Williams was killing. Kobe can't seem to make it past the first round either with out Shaq. Yao is no Shaq either.
He is a loser you play this game to win...bottom line. If he ever wins then great but until he does is will be labeled a loser. This game is all about winning...do you not understand that?? Why must you try to make excuses for him? I can name a lot of players that have had similar carer stats as him but you probably wouldn't of ever heard of any of them...know why? because people don't remember who come in 2nd.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 AM   #28
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
He is a loser you play this game to win...bottom line. If he ever wins then great but until he does is will be labeled a loser. This game is all about winning...do you not understand that?? Why must you try to make excuses for him? I can name a lot of players that have had similar carer stats as him but you probably wouldn't of ever heard of any of them...know why? because people don't remember who come in 2nd.

I'm starting to think your opinions are purposely so off base to get a reaction. Your list of players better than Tmac is as bad as it gets. If only more people to were come into this thread and look at it your going to get a lot of these: and
Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #29
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
I know people say that, but he is compared to players like Shaq and Wilt. The only reason he is playing PF is because he can shoot. I think of players like Rasheed and KG as PF's, not Duncan. Duncan alway plays D of the opposing teams centers, but it's retarded he gets to be called a PF.

What? Both Rasheed and KG have great inside games. He might not be your prototypical Power Forward, but dude, HE IS a FORWARD.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #30
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Amare that is who...

Iverson
Kobe
Rip
Arenas
Davis
Kidd
Redd
Nash
K-Mart
J. Johnson
Parker
AI#2

Dude you're an idiot.

3/4 of these guys are PGs. I asked for SGs. SG is a position. I don't care about 'these days' either. SG is a SG not just a guard.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: