Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Both Mike Conley and Daequan cook probably staying in draft

The deadline for withdrawing from the NBA draft will pass Monday without former Ohio State players Daequan Cook and Mike Conley Jr. taking their names out. Cook's former high school and AAU coach, Al Powell, said yesterday that Cook plans to sign a representation agreement with Mike Conley Sr. before Cook leaves Monday for Utah and the first of a series of workouts with teams that will run through next weekend. The draft is June 28. - Columbus Dispatch
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Both Mike Conley and Daequan cook probably staying in draft

You think Cook will follow James and take his name out, i hope not because the Knicks are considering drafting him.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Both Mike Conley and Daequan cook probably staying in draft

I think Cook is in for good, and he is making a big risk I think. Playoff teams usually look for either a player to help our right away, or an International player to keep their salary down. Cook is neither of those. And the kicker is that you have two Europeans in Belinelli and Fernandez who are available and a slew of NBA ready swingmen in that 1st round bubble area.

I think Cook's best chance at going in the 1st round would be the Knicks (although they have been said to have promised Wilson Chandler their pick) and Philly if they feel Iggy would be better at SF. Utah, Houston, Detroit, and SA all could use a young scorer at SG off the bench, but why take him over Afflalo, Almond, Johnson, or Tucker?

And I am not trying to knock down Cook. I do think he will be a solid scorer in the NBA. I am also a fan of Marcus Williams, but I think the same thing will happen to him. I think there is an even bigger risk with him because you have guys like Dudley, Chandler (if the Knicks don't take him), Byars (another possible 1st rounder), Nichols, Terry, and McGuire perhaps taking 2nd round picks away from him.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: