Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wilson Chandler

I never said we should take Chandler but he is probably going to be a HUGE steal in the draft. But seriously though guys, I dont knock the Balkman pick because he isn't a bum and it was one of the weakest drafts ever anyway but how do some of you get to the point where you are head over heels in love with him and compare him to the extremely talented players in this draft. And for Don Che to say we get "everything" from him....are you serious? I mean theres being a fan and theres being ignorant....holla @ me when you come back to the other side. Balkman is nothing more than a role player. This is why we lose every year now. Because while other GM's are making big name acquisitinos with guys that start, we are getting hyped over our bench players. Nate, Renaldo and Rose get so much praise in this damn forum its ridiculous. Sadly enough, if we could get a decent starter I'd trade every last one of them.I'd do a Nate Rob, Balkman, Rose and cash for Rashad lewis in a heart beat. ****, I'd trade those same guys for Gerald Wallace and I don't even like him all that much.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #17
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Morris Almond, Byars, Cook or Chandler would satisfy me.

Sean Williams is not only a headcase but a pothead. I wouldn't take the risk on him at the 23rd pick.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #18
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I never said we should take Chandler but he is probably going to be a HUGE steal in the draft. But seriously though guys, I dont knock the Balkman pick because he isn't a bum and it was one of the weakest drafts ever anyway but how do some of you get to the point where you are head over heels in love with him and compare him to the extremely talented players in this draft. And for Don Che to say we get "everything" from him....are you serious? I mean theres being a fan and theres being ignorant....holla @ me when you come back to the other side. Balkman is nothing more than a role player. This is why we lose every year now. Because while other GM's are making big name acquisitinos with guys that start, we are getting hyped over our bench players. Nate, Renaldo and Rose get so much praise in this damn forum its ridiculous. Sadly enough, if we could get a decent starter I'd trade every last one of them.I'd do a Nate Rob, Balkman, Rose and cash for Rashad lewis in a heart beat. ****, I'd trade those same guys for Gerald Wallace and I don't even like him all that much.
uhhh so would everyone else here. Rose is old but a nice veteran presence. that's the only reason why we still have him. Nate is extremely inconsistent and doesn't have enough fundamental point guard skills. And Balkman is a good player for us but for Lewis or Wallace? Trade him in a heartbeat.

Of course they'll get praise but i'd trade them for an all-star like that with a snap of my finger,
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If anyone would think that Lee is untouchable as many have viewed him this season on our forum, then Balkman can be added to that list just as well.

Lee looks good primarily because Curry isn't an agressive rebounder. Lee has no jumper and no handles. But he attacks the glass.

He is a useful role-player . I can't remember too many untouchable "role-players".

Balkman is just as agressive on the glass, no offense other than a putback or catch dunk. When he got minutes did a little of everything...points, boards, steals, and blocks. He is just as useful of a role-player as anyone else on the Knicks.

The only player on the Knicks who has the potential to be "untouchable" right now is Curry. No one else even commands a defender in their face.

But back to the thread. I think Chandler may be the steal of the draft.

if he is available, I think the Knicks should get him. If not go for the pure shooter named Almond.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chandler will be available. Probably 2nd round too. I know i asked this b4 but do we have a 2nd round pick? If he's available 2nd round we HAVE to snatch him up. Either him or Demetrius Nichols. They will be 2nd round sleepers 4 sure
Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #21
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The only player on the Knicks who has the potential to be "untouchable" right now is Curry. No one else even commands a defender in their face.

Partially true in that Curry demands more defense than any other Knick.
But if I was the opposing coach, I wouldn't let Marbury, Crawford or QRich take open shots all game.

And although Lee doesn't need a defender when he puts up a shot...I'm sure every coach in the league is yelling "box that f*&%# out damnit!!" :)
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #22
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Chandler will be available. Probably 2nd round too. I know i asked this b4 but do we have a 2nd round pick? If he's available 2nd round we HAVE to snatch him up. Either him or Demetrius Nichols. They will be 2nd round sleepers 4 sure

We have no 2nd round pick. That was traded away sometime I don't know when.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Nope, We have no 2nd round pick this year. Randolph Morris was like a pick this year in the draft.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #24
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Morris would probably have been a first round pick.

I think that was a coup by Isiah. Even if the guy doesn't turn into a great player and just becomes a really good backup at C/PF, it was still a great move.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I agree, It was a good move by Isiah to get Morris. Toronto was making a push to sign him but we grabbed him.

So Randolph Morris and any of these names in the 1st round is looking good for the Knicks.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It was a low risk possible high reward move becuz Morris is talented but he's a bit slow....mentally. His IQ on the court is very questionable.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #27
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Well, Wilson is officially a Knick. I really hope the lack of eye opening play from him at DePaul is due to him not fitting in with the coach/system.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #28
rnp614
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rnp614 has an OK reputation so far

Honestly, I think that there were a number of players picked after Chandler that were better....one in particular would be Carl Landry. He got snagged up by seattle at the beginning of the 2nd round and I think he'll be a solid player for them. Wish we didnt snag a guy who has discipline issues.
rnp614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think Chandler will be just fine. He already is more offensively polished than our rookies and sophmores. I'm not upset with the pick at all. Once thad was gone I was like hey, Chandler Almond or Byars is fine by me. I was so glad when Daequan cook got taken off the board way too early.

I'm not however too pleased with the Zach Randoplh trade.He's a black whole. On top of that, we will probably have the most overweight, non-energetic frontcourt in the league next year with him and curry.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #30
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I called It.

Wilson Chandler, The Newest Knick.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: