Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wilson Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnp614
Honestly, I think that there were a number of players picked after Chandler that were better....one in particular would be Carl Landry. He got snagged up by seattle at the beginning of the 2nd round and I think he'll be a solid player for them. Wish we didnt snag a guy who has discipline issues.
Chandler had disipline issues? Everything I read on the guy since he name started popping up was that he was in a bad situation at DePaul.

Signed to play for a different coach but honored his commitment when that coach left. Current coach is supposed to have a really bad system that doesn't fit the talent level of the program. Current coach also told Chandler he didn't have until the NBA's deadline to either stay or go.

Hopefully this guy can come in and realize his potential.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The New York Knicks Draft Wilson Chandler

Coming from a guy who watched plenty of Depaul basketball and played against 3 of their key players, their team underachieved. They had a lot of talent but their coach never put it together. Their coach used to run plays away from their two best players in Mejia and Chandler. Both guys draft stock suffered because of that system. They should have made it to the tournament even in the Big East. The guy has got potential. He has room to develop and needs to work on a lot of thing but what I like about him and what stands out to me is that he has great height for a 3 but he also has an NBA body already which means we don't have to worry about him being to small or a tweener and we also don't have to waste time bulking him up and tryna add uncomfortable muscle on a normally thin frame. It's reported that he threw up 325 so clearly he's one of the stronger players in the draft. As for the comment made about passing up Chandler (or anyone for that matter) and drafting Carl Landry...... are you kidding me? I mean seriously. Pass up a 6'8" scorer with tons of room to grow for a guy who's an undersize C/pf who has probably reached his peak already and not to mention has one of the most ****ed up hairlines and the lamest TWA (teeny weeny afro) I've seen since 50 cent in get rich or die tryin. Him and Daequan cook need to use their money and hire new barbers.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #33
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

We got Wilson Chandler, a 6'8 scorer who blocks shots average and grabs boards for his position.

Now Isiah some how has to have Nichols play the 2 to back up Jamal.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #34
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wilson Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I never said we should take Chandler but he is probably going to be a HUGE steal in the draft. But seriously though guys, I dont knock the Balkman pick because he isn't a bum and it was one of the weakest drafts ever anyway but how do some of you get to the point where you are head over heels in love with him and compare him to the extremely talented players in this draft. And for Don Che to say we get "everything" from him....are you serious? I mean theres being a fan and theres being ignorant....holla @ me when you come back to the other side. Balkman is nothing more than a role player. This is why we lose every year now. Because while other GM's are making big name acquisitinos with guys that start, we are getting hyped over our bench players. Nate, Renaldo and Rose get so much praise in this damn forum its ridiculous. Sadly enough, if we could get a decent starter I'd trade every last one of them.I'd do a Nate Rob, Balkman, Rose and cash for Rashad lewis in a heart beat. ****, I'd trade those same guys for Gerald Wallace and I don't even like him all that much.
Balkman does everything that we need him to do. In my mind i would take him over chandler even tho he has a higher ceiling. Your calling me ignorant when your happy that Zeke is taking someone that NO ONE ELSE would take. this guy might not of been drafted. We could of gave up money for that pick and get the best shooter or defender on the board. So that makes no sense. Why train Chandler when his biggest knock is consistency and maturity. When Balkman will do whatever you ask right now. And yes Renaldo is a role player but so is Bruce Bowen and other very solid players and I'm proud that we recognize players like that. Those guys help you win games. so what u wanna do have Curry, Zach,Marbury, Francis , and Crawford running around?? You wont win that way. You need role players and Balkman does that well. Chandler is a waste for 23. For the 42nd pick then yeh but not 23. We have too many 3's already that do the same as him or maybe better.

Im not sayin Carl Landry would be our guy...HES NOT AT ALL. but I would of liked Derrick Byars much more. Cuz guys like him WANT to get better as hes shown thru his collegiant carreer.

Last edited by Don Che : 06-29-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #35
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Please tell me your Renaldo Balkman's agent or mother or something because you defend this guy like he can do no wrong. Truthfully dawg, he isn't that nice. I have alot of respect for him and i root for him consdering the verbal abuse he took on draft night and the scrutiny he was under but really. He can't shoot, he isnt a decent HELP defender but he isn't a good on ball defender. He doesnt really have a handle to break you down off the dribble. He has no offensive moves. He's a decent rebounder. He blocks shots ok. He's not a franchise player and he doesn't even have the potential to be. We get the point. You like him but seriously shut up about this guy. It's like ranting and raving about Mark Madsen. He's a great energy guy but if he left the team wouldnt be hurt at all. Stop comparing him with the rookies of this class because he isn't on their level. And most importantly please stop saying he does everything for us cuz he defnitely doesnt. He plays with a lot of energy,hustles and gets really nice dunks on fast breaks. THAT'S IT!!!!!! Stop giving this guy all the undue praise.Nobody hates the guy but daminit man. Stop lying to yourself. And as for your meaningless comment about who woulda drafted chandler. I bet chandler would have gotten picked up before Balkman got picked up had Zeke not drafted either of them. Last time I checked nobody had Balkman on their radar last year either. In fact I don't even remember him being on anyone's mock drafts last year so where were you going with that point again?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

and tChandler came out as a sophmore so how much "improvement" could he have shown in his "collegiate career" if he only was there 2 years. Do you watch Depaul basketball? I have seen plenty of games and played against a few of their players. Do your research. He didnt go real high because a lot of gm's didnt even know he was coming out.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #37
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Please tell me your Renaldo Balkman's agent or mother or something because you defend this guy like he can do no wrong. Truthfully dawg, he isn't that nice. I have alot of respect for him and i root for him consdering the verbal abuse he took on draft night and the scrutiny he was under but really. He can't shoot, he isnt a decent HELP defender but he isn't a good on ball defender. He doesnt really have a handle to break you down off the dribble. He has no offensive moves. He's a decent rebounder. He blocks shots ok. He's not a franchise player and he doesn't even have the potential to be. We get the point. You like him but seriously shut up about this guy. It's like ranting and raving about Mark Madsen. He's a great energy guy but if he left the team wouldnt be hurt at all. Stop comparing him with the rookies of this class because he isn't on their level. And most importantly please stop saying he does everything for us cuz he defnitely doesnt. He plays with a lot of energy,hustles and gets really nice dunks on fast breaks. THAT'S IT!!!!!! Stop giving this guy all the undue praise.Nobody hates the guy but daminit man. Stop lying to yourself. And as for your meaningless comment about who woulda drafted chandler. I bet chandler would have gotten picked up before Balkman got picked up had Zeke not drafted either of them. Last time I checked nobody had Balkman on their radar last year either. In fact I don't even remember him being on anyone's mock drafts last year so where were you going with that point again?

Balkman was never questioned for his heart and maturity. Chandler is...Our whole team has that problem and Good character guys should be takin into consideration. And because we have Balkman there is no reason for another 3. We got other ppl who can play it, or trade for a 3. There were 2 other players that could of helped us. No need for this kid. Balkman,Q,Lee,and Jeffries are not perfect but they can play and none of them are over 30.

Chandler is talented. But who da hell isnt. What matters is..is he willing to get better if so..itll be fine..if not we wasted a pick when we could of used it to improve our team.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Chandler is talented. But who da hell isnt.
You seriously want an answer for that question?

Quote:
And because we have Balkman there is no reason for another 3. We got other ppl who can play it, or trade for a 3.

O so theres no reason to acquire a talented 3 because we already have a 3rd string sf. Nevermind the fact we don't have a guy whose talented enough to start at the 3 though? Riiiiiiiiiiiight gotcha. I see where you're coming from now. Furthermore, we should trade and bring in a 3 whose gonna cost way more money especially since Zeke overpays everyone rather than get one for cheap in the draft where the rookies can only get but so much money and we have his commitment for 3 years.You know what.....you are a real thinker!!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.Way to go? You make what seems totally to an intelligent man, A OK to you. You're talented

Last edited by bigdaddybluesman : 07-10-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #39
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

I watched the NY-SEA game and Wilson's game was a suprise for me. Didn't know much about him but he has a solid game. It's just hard to find the time in the court cause the Knicks have a roster full of players. Hopefully they find some time for him.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:15 AM   #40
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

balkman is a defender. chandler is a defender and a scorer. I read a nice description on chandler, he's Trevor Ariza w/ a jumpshot. No doubt Balkman is good but he cant score other than fastbreaks and putbacks. Balkman plays 3-4 while Q and wilson plays 2-3.

Oh and franchize, Balkman is good both as help defender and on ball defender, he can also handle the ball and play point forward. the only knock on him is he still doesnt have a jumpshot
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yea ok. You go ahead and let a Balkman run point for you. I'd have a million steals off your team. I'd be licking my chops.lol I don't know if Balkman running point showed his versatility or the fact that the Knicks realize Nate can't run point yet.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #42
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think we'll ever see Balkman at the point unless we suffer massive injuries.

Him running the point is not the idea or the issue. It's at the 3 being able to handle the ball and run the break, that's were the Scottie Pippen comparison is made.

He actually takes the ball up the court better than a of lot PG's in the league. He goes up the middle of the court which is the correct way. I have seen countless PG's go to the sideline which is incorrect.

He also passes very well, so his skills are not good enough to actually be a PG but to add versatility and ball handling skills to a lineup.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know I'm a stinker...I'm in "so ****ing what" mode today!

Enjoy some Chandler literature.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: