Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #16
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Lil Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
He's in the class of 08 and plays point guard. It's pretty ridiculus he's getting a scholarship, considering how rich he is. OJ Mayo would most likely leave after his first season. But, Brandon Jennings orginially commited to play for USC in 08, but decommited. Honestly, I think Lil Romeo playing for USC is a gimmick, and a marketing stunt. He probably is good enough to play for a small colleges, but not USC. Jeff Jordan is better than Romeo

I agree...The kid is good but not USC basketball good...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #17
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Showtime
Dont Get Me Wrong Lil Romeo Aint The Truth But He Aint Weak At All..but He Shouldent Be Going To Usc He Got Money ..basketball Is A Business If U Got Money U Going To The Leauge But I Cant Knock Him Let Him Do His Thing

Look at Joakim Noah, he doesnt really need the money either...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #18
bigbirdballer
Learning to shoot layups

hes wicked talented though...baller,actor, rapper
bigbirdballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #19
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdballer
hes wicked talented though...baller,actor, rapper

He's not really that great at any of them though. I know he's a bad actor, or atleast he was in Honey. I've never heard a single song of his so I have no idea about his rapping skills. I doubt he a great baller either. I'm not saying he's crap or anything, but averaging 13 and 6 in high school, about 3 or 4 guys on my hs varsity team have better numbers. I'm still anticipating his debut though, just to see if he really deserved a scholarship to a school like USC.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #20
HoopNightmare
Not airballing my layups anymore

If he has the desire, he has the resources. He can get the best basketball trainers L.A. has to offer. He's already connected so he can always get good pick up runs with NBA players. Like I said if he wants it in his heart he'll have a decent career at USC.
HoopNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #21
thug
Banned

Damn. I never thought Romeo would actually go there.
thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #22
bigbirdballer
Learning to shoot layups

he has the money
Old 07-19-2007, 02:32 AM   #23
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i have absolutely no respect for this kid at all. he is a millionaire and is accepting a scholarship that could be used for someone else who isn't filthy rich? what's next, maybe his daddy will buy his way onto some nba team?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #24
HoopNightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i have absolutely no respect for this kid at all. he is a millionaire and is accepting a scholarship that could be used for someone else who isn't filthy rich? what's next, maybe his daddy will buy his way onto some nba team?

He is not getting a scholarship!!! He'll be paying his way.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #25
bigbirdballer
Learning to shoot layups

will he actually play?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
cabz
Saw a basketball once

This kid is a scrub... straight up. He used to practice all the time at the UCLA gym (Wooden Center) - I guess he didn't want to roll into the 'hood (aka: USC) when he was younger to play ball.

Just to illustrate my point, even though he brought some 6'10 guy with him who was athletic as h3ll (and 3 other players - he brought his whole team with him), he wasn't even able to beat me and 4 other slow, white guys who've never even played at the high school level.

I'm willing to bet that he doesn't get a scholarship and never makes the active roster even if he walks on. Anyone that wants to take me up on this can name their stakes.
cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #27
HoopNightmare

we'll see what type of season will he have with beverly hill high school. The kid is going to school in 90210!!! He's best friend goes to Compton High.

We'll see what happens.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #28
TheVarsityZone
Saw a basketball once

I am actually the assistant coach over at Beverly Hills High. As for the 90210 comment, we'll have a pretty tough squad this year, so watch out...

As for Romeo, people need to let the kid just be a normal kid for a while. I feel bad for him because everything he does is scrutinized and criticized. He's got a good heart and legitimately LOVES basketball. I wish people would just let him enjoy being a part of the team and playing high school ball. Also, he is NOT going to USC on a scholarship, so he's NOT taking any money away from anyone else. He has been offered a spot on the team and verbally committed to playing there. To be honest, Romeo has a long way to go before he is ready to compete in the PAC10 -- he is physically small right now. However, he is loaded with athletic talent and he's been hitting the weight room pretty hard this summer. He has also grown some since last season and is about 5'11+ now. He's quick as hell, has a solid shot, and can dunk. He needs to improve his defense, get rid of bad habits, and clean up his game. We'll see how this season plays out for him...
TheVarsityZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #29
STelfair31
National High School Star

I'm tired of hearin about him..he's not that great he's ok.. but everyone is talkin like he's gonna be somethin...talk about while he's at the end of bench hoping that USC is winning by 30 to get in and make some basic passes to say he's done something in one of his rhymes while he calls out Bow Wow to a one on one game which i would pay to see..
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: