Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Al Horford Moving Up To 3rd Pick

I don't get Wright at all. His post game is limited, he has no face up game except a marginal mid range jumper. He has a frame that may fill out, or may not. If everything goes well, he may end up better than Horton, but even then he may not. And if everything doesn't go well ... I don't know, you've got a back up who can run I guess.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Hawks Should Just Trade Horford For Lamarcus Aldridge.Perfect Fit.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Hawks Should Just Trade Horford For Lamarcus Aldridge.Perfect Fit.

Ya, I see that happening....ever.

i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I don't get Wright at all. His post game is limited, he has no face up game except a marginal mid range jumper. He has a frame that may fill out, or may not. If everything goes well, he may end up better than Horton, but even then he may not. And if everything doesn't go well ... I don't know, you've got a back up who can run I guess.

He does need to fill out, and I think he will. His post game consists of a very short range turnaround J, hook, great touch, and explosiveness for strong finishing. He needs to work on his midrange J if anything, but I think he's going to surprise a lot of people in his rookie year. He'll be a good rebounder, descent shot blocker, my ROY
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

We Hawks fans laugh at all of the media pundits who think that we are taking Horford. He duplicates everything that Shelden Williams does but was not as accomplished in college.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the pick will be Yi. Not only is he the most skilled out of the remaining players besides Oden and Durant, but he would give the Hawks versatility and much needed media attention. Unless Portlant is going to do the Aldridge Jack for 3/11 deal, you can book it that we are getting Yi and Crittenton.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #21
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
We Hawks fans laugh at all of the media pundits who think that we are taking Horford. He duplicates everything that Shelden Williams does but was not as accomplished in college.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the pick will be Yi. Not only is he the most skilled out of the remaining players besides Oden and Durant, but he would give the Hawks versatility and much needed media attention. Unless Portlant is going to do the Aldridge Jack for 3/11 deal, you can book it that we are getting Yi and Crittenton.

Julian Wright is also more skilled than Yi.

Just had to point that out.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where did Julian Wright slip too anyway. I liked him in the top 6. I know he can't shoot, but he has a great feel for the game, and has huge athletic upside. I'm not sure how the Jeff Green, Thad Young, Al Thornton group got ahead of him at all.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Where did Julian Wright slip too anyway. I liked him in the top 6. I know he can't shoot, but he has a great feel for the game, and has huge athletic upside. I'm not sure how the Jeff Green, Thad Young, Al Thornton group got ahead of him at all.

They did? The only small forwards I've seen ahead of him on most mock drafts are Green and Brewer.

I can't understand the infatuation with Green for the life of me. What exactly is he going to do on offense? He's not a great defender. Is he drafted based on his good attitude and possible leadership qualities alone?

he's gonna spend a lot of time on the block is what I think. He can be successful there with his back to the basket.

Last edited by i seen hippos : 06-18-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #24
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
I wonder if they could move that 11 pick and Shelden Williams to move up to get Conley.

I actually posted that trade on a Hawks board and most were in favor of it after picking Yi at 3.

We found a site where you can download Yi's CBA games. The thing that really jumps out is just how fast he is. he looks like a 7 foot guard.

he definitely needs to hit the weights though.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/vi...=0&PHPSESSID=f
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
11th
Sheldon or Childress
future 1st

for

6th
Villaneuva

That's ugly!

6th pick >>> 11th pick
Villanueva > Sheldon Williams
The next 1st pick they can give up is 2010!

Something I might consider is:

#6 + Gadzuric
for
#11 = Sheldon

And the only reason I'd consider that is it would give us an extra 3 million or so in cap space to make a serious run at Wallace or Billups.

Mo/Law
Redd/Bell
Wallace/Simmons
Villanueva/Sheldon
Bogut/Sheldon

or

Billups/Bell
Redd/#11
Simmons/#11
Villanueva/Sheldon
Bogut/Sheldon

Those are both acceptable scenarios. But then again, just drafting Jeff Green or Brandon Wright or Mike Conley for ourselves is also pretty nice. Not sure if I would actually do it or not.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Hawks are a complete joke.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz

That's ugly!

6th pick >>> 11th pick
Villanueva > Sheldon Williams
The next 1st pick they can give up is 2010!

Something I might consider is:

#6 + Gadzuric
for
#11 = Sheldon

And the only reason I'd consider that is it would give us an extra 3 million or so in cap space to make a serious run at Wallace or Billups.

Mo/Law
Redd/Bell
Wallace/Simmons
Villanueva/Sheldon
Bogut/Sheldon

or

Billups/Bell
Redd/#11
Simmons/#11
Villanueva/Sheldon
Bogut/Sheldon

Those are both acceptable scenarios. But then again, just drafting Jeff Green or Brandon Wright or Mike Conley for ourselves is also pretty nice. Not sure if I would actually do it or not.

I know it wouldn't be pretty, but that's the only scenario worth considering. Atlanta won't take Gadzuric.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #28
VeeCee15
Great young streetballer

VeeCee15 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Why would anyone pick Horford?

The guy has no superstar potential and isn't marketable.
He is somewhat slow footed.

Sure he'll help a team succeed now..but the guy is near his peak already.

Yeah he's NBA ready and he plays smart...but he ain't gonna be another Tim Duncan so why bother?
VeeCee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #29
the_player
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the_player has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeCee15
Why would anyone pick Horford?

The guy has no superstar potential and isn't marketable.
He is somewhat slow footed.

Sure he'll help a team succeed now..but the guy is near his peak already.

Yeah he's NBA ready and he plays smart...but he ain't gonna be another Tim Duncan so why bother?

definitely...Horford isn't worth tha gamble of a 3rd pick...drafting him prior to B.Wright is crazy but the Hawks management has proven they can do that sort of BS in the past...B.Wright,Yi or Conley with the 3rd pick
the_player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Shelden Williams will get limited minutes playing behind Horford.

zaza
horford
smith
johnson
claxton

bench- childress, marvin williams, sheldon williams, anthony johnson, tyrone lue, lorenzo wright
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: