Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default 76ers-Nuggets trade

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4029534

what would u guys think of giving up allen iverson for marcus camby and andre miller. We would get our true point guard and also another great rebounder and shot blocker. We wouldn't have to rely on Camby to be healthy all year because we have dalembert, hunter, webber, and shav randolph with him. Also, we can hopefully sign another power forward or center. I'd like this...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Sounds like a good trade for Phili, but I don't know if AI would get along with MarshMelo
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Baller has an OK reputation so far

Anybody here who actually LIKES this trade for Philly, well, you ARE Stupid. Simple as that. In other words,,,,Mother & Father = being Brother & Sister who had a child...YOU!!

Camby & Miller, both have NEVER been an All-star. Ivy has been one 10 + times, a league MVP A 2-time All-Star MVP, ect, ect. Coming off his two BEST seasons when people started to say he's washed up. And for that we get not one, but TWO highly Injury prone Puss!es, one in Miller who is Ultra-Slow, on the last year of his contract which means he will hold us hostage next year for a deal OVER 100 Million, or he walks, and we get SQUAT for him. And a Center who is 7ft tall, weighs less than 220. Brittle as Hell, and has missed at LEAST 40 games a year on average the past 5 years. And he's past 32 years old. Not to mention we already have a Camby-like Center in Dalembert who is = to Camby stats wise, and is 8 years younger.

And for that we give a sure fire LOCK Hall of famer and top-10 NBA player of ALL TIME!

Yeah, I don't think so!! Listen up all you Forrest Gumps....Stupid IS as stupid DOES!!!

Don't be stupid. Don't sit there and say this is a good deal for the 76ers.
All you all are already Fat & Drunk,,,do you really want to add stupid into that equation ?
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller
Anybody here who actually LIKES this trade for Philly, well, you ARE Stupid. Simple as that. In other words,,,,Mother & Father = being Brother & Sister who had a child...YOU!!

Camby & Miller, both have NEVER been an All-star. Ivy has been one 10 + times, a league MVP A 2-time All-Star MVP, ect, ect. Coming off his two BEST seasons when people started to say he's washed up. And for that we get not one, but TWO highly Injury prone Puss!es, one in Miller who is Ultra-Slow, on the last year of his contract which means he will hold us hostage next year for a deal OVER 100 Million, or he walks, and we get SQUAT for him. And a Center who is 7ft tall, weighs less than 220. Brittle as Hell, and has missed at LEAST 40 games a year on average the past 5 years. And he's past 32 years old. Not to mention we already have a Camby-like Center in Dalembert who is = to Camby stats wise, and is 8 years younger.

And for that we give a sure fire LOCK Hall of famer and top-10 NBA player of ALL TIME!

Yeah, I don't think so!! Listen up all you Forrest Gumps....Stupid IS as stupid DOES!!!

Don't be stupid. Don't sit there and say this is a good deal for the 76ers.
All you all are already Fat & Drunk,,,do you really want to add stupid into that equation ?

Bravo! Someone with sense!
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Bravo! Someone with sense!
even if you took that trade, what are you going to do with Dalebert? trade him? no ones going to take him, his contract is too heavy...i think Phili is better off doing something about Webber...AI should stay, hes prove hes a baller and needs a people who can play around him
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
even if you took that trade, what are you going to do with Dalebert? trade him? no ones going to take him, his contract is too heavy...i think Phili is better off doing something about Webber...AI should stay, hes prove hes a baller and needs a people who can play around him

More intelligence in the Sixers Forum.
Send C-Webb to New York dammit
Old 07-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

Curiously, why would the Knicks want a bloated contract for a 6'10 guy who shoots jumpers all day and plays on one leg?

I'm all for trading him, but who is retarded enough to take him and also what kind of waste will we get in return (contract-wise)?
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
Curiously, why would the Knicks want a bloated contract for a 6'10 guy who shoots jumpers all day and plays on one leg?

I'm all for trading him, but who is retarded enough to take him and also what kind of waste will we get in return (contract-wise)?

You're seriously doubting Isiah Thomas' expert management as a General Manager?

And, I'd take Jalon Rose and Mo Taylor, or something like that.
****, I'd take Jerome James and Rose because at least James isn't afraid to bang bodies.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

Given that Dolan told him he had 1 year to turn things around or else, I'm presuming he wouldn'y be that dumb....but you're right it is Isiah.

I wouldn't mind Rose & jerome james either, they need some tough/gritty players on their roster.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

AI & Korver for Camby and Miller ''denver needs someone who can shoot too''

Well guess I will be a Denver fan, later philly fans.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Korver and AI for Camby and Dre is not exactly what im gonna be looking for if Philly rebuilds but im not King so who am i to object? Both are in their 30s and id rather get at least a 1-2 young players that can possibly contribute in the future and a first rounder if we trade AI away. I mean dont just give him away and most likely to get the best possible deal, it would have to come from a multi-team trade.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: