Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far
Default Will Jermaine O'Neal be moved?

Yes, this topic is getting quite redundant, but it's somewhat imperative. I hope he does not get moved, because as well know, bigs in the NBA that are quality bigs are becoming rarer nowadays, and another Pacer meltdown in the playoffs along with injuries and bad luck is the reason why this notion of trading the franchise (JO7) has come up. Oh, and the fact that he's 28 and that monster deal he signed back in 2003, which has a ton of money left.

Last edited by KingofKings718 : 07-09-2006 at 04:34 PM.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Not this year.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I would'nt bet on it unless they got better in the deal, which is unlikely. I don't think his stock is very high.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd like him to come to Boston, he'd be a better fit than Iverson.

Al Jefferson
Delonte West
Theo Ratliff
1st rounder 07

that should be enough.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
I'd like him to come to Boston, he'd be a better fit than Iverson.

Al Jefferson
Delonte West
Theo Ratliff
1st rounder 07

that should be enough.

Should be enough yeah. I like it for both team also.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

star for scrubs and 1 decent guy and a pick
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

CT: Perkins/ Jones
PF: O'Neal/ / Gomes/ Scarabline
SF: Szczerbiak/ Green
SG: Pierce/ Allen
PG: Telfair/ Rondo

Should be good enough to strike fear into the opposition.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Al Jefferson
Delonte West
Theo Ratliff
1st rounder 07

That should be enough? There is not a single above average starter in that deal.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio
That should be enough? There is not a single above average starter in that deal.

Delonte and Ratliff are both above average. Jefferson has huge potential, next years draft class (if those we think will declare actually do) is stacked. O'Neal's stock is probably the lowest its been at any time he's been on the Pacers, they won't get much better than this if they want to trade him.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Al Jefferson
Delonte West
Theo Ratliff
Wally Szczerbiak
1st rounder 07

I think then Indiana would do it...
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #11
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Delonte and Ratliff are both above average. Jefferson has huge potential, next years draft class (if those we think will declare actually do) is stacked. O'Neal's stock is probably the lowest its been at any time he's been on the Pacers, they won't get much better than this if they want to trade him.

Delonte is not above average. He would be a decent back up pg/sg, but the Pacers just acquired such a player with more potential, Daniels. Ratliff was a good player 5 years ago. Now he's a marginal rotation player who could fall apart at any time. Jefferson has shown nothing so far, and he actually regressed last season. Who played ahead of him in Boston last season? The Pacers already have a young big man who scores well but can't stay on the floor.

In essence, the deal would give Indiana a bad contract and two young players who duplicate what the Pacers already have.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #12
TMan
I brick open layups

TMan has no real reputation yet.

Can Chicago put on a package for Jermaine?
TMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I think that Delonte is a quality starter. Not an all-star by any stretch of the imagination but he knows how to run a team, plays good defense and can knock down jumpers. You may have a point with Ratliff, he is geting older, but when healthy he is still quite scary to run into in the paint. Jefferson regressed last year as he was nagged by constant injuries. Your right that he has yet to prove something, but he is only 20 or 21 years old. He needs to put together a healthy season before anyone can judge him.
The Pacers are pretty weak in the backcourt, as Jamaal Tinsley is inconsistant and often sees a lot of bench time, Anthony Johnson is getting older, and while he is consistant, he is less than spectacular. I'd rather Delonte over Johnson anyday.
As for the youg big guys go, teams can never get enough size, Bird would realize Jeffersons potential, give him a shot, and then he would move one of the young bigs as part of another deal.
I still don't think the trade will happen, this is just my analysis of it, and I also cannot think of a more suitable trade.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #14
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
I'd rather Delonte over Johnson anyday.

Did you not see AJ outplay Jason Kidd in the playoffs? All the things you describe West as doing are what Johnson does best. He's not a great pure point, but he can handle the ball, defend, run an offense to an extent, and hit jumpers.

The Pacers' backcourt does need a talent infusion, but I think Daniels is a big step in that direction. Of course, if we lost JO our frontcourt would definitely need some big time help.

The real problem with the proposed trade is that it doesn't go strongly enough in the rebuilding direction. If the Pacers ship JO, they'll basically concede that they are rebuilding. I would expect to get either good draft picks (the Celts' pick won't be great since a Pierce/JO team would be a contender, IMO) and cap relief, or a young player who has shown something and has potential. For instance, Charlie Villanueva was just traded. I think getting a guy like that would be a realistic goal.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #15
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

yeah i hope he will be in a purple and gold jersey..
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: