Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.


PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge


Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,416
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

I don't think this will happen, not a chance. And no, this isn't a "need over talent" pick. Portland already has a solid frontcourt and yet Oden is still the consensus choice based on his talent and potential.


But imagine if it did. What kind of "thank you" present from Seattle would be most appropriate for such a blunder?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 11,441
bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

No they won't... Hakeem and Sampson ... Duncan and Robinson. Who says two big men can't play alongside?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,013
Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Aldridge is more of a PF anyway, and Oden is your standard traditional center type (pretty much to a tee).

So that's really not an issue. The Blazers probably were going to deal Zach Randolph anyway, no.1 pick or not.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.


PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge


Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.


youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Since before the draft, I had the Blazers labeled as the only team that would consider drafting Durant before Oden but I never thought they would win it so I never really thought about it.

But since the draft, I honestly think that theres a legit chance they will take Durant.

I mean a lineup of

Jack/Rodriguez
Roy/Webster
Durant
Aldridge
Randoph/Magloire

is pretty intriguing. If Durant lives up to the hype, they could content in 2-3 seasons. And its going to be hard to trade Randoph, so why not keep him?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?


Ummm...yeah.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,898
JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,


They don't really have Jamaal Magloire. He's a free agent.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,416
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Magloire is a free agent and Przybilla is irrelevant.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Ummm...yeah.

if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. ummm yeah
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. ummm yeah


I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #13
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.


so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star
 
knicks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,086
knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.

and whenever u include joel pryzbilla and raef lafrentz in your reason for not drafting oden, u should get a 10 day ISH ban
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.


Because they didn't need Michael Jordan because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, which is similar to what I'm saying. They already have LaMarcus Aldridge and their position of need is Small Foward, so they should select Kevin Durant. Ummm...yeah.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy