Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bulls: Conley Jr a possible option

Quote:
Picking Conley gives Bulls options
Monday, Jun 18, 2007 12:57 pm EDT

Getty Images
If the Chicago Bulls opt for a more traditional point guard by drafting Ohio State's Mike Conley, it could pave the way for the move of Kirk Hinrich to off guard, which would reduce the demands on him as a floor leader.

In turn, guard Ben Gordon could be expendable in a trade for an inside scorer.

In another scenario, Conley could be drafted then moved to the Portland Trailblazers in a multiplayer deal that would include forward-center Zach Randolph.

Source: Courier News

Bulls fans, am I the only one that doesn't like that idea? I see Hinrich as a pure point guard who wouldn't do too well at off-guard. And do you guys really want to give away Gordon for a post scorer?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bulls: Conley Jr a possible option

I don't like it either.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No need to make their back court even more crowded. They need to give some room for players to develop like Thabo Sefalosha. I think the smart pick would be Spencer Hawes for them.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chicago Bulls future Pointguard.

Mike Conley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmW1X...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4aBUiQsZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dp29123jdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1reD-faAl7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVQJyD6kWcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cML6uJpAkPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3VZrTEq7GY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaD2-8mT2EQ

Can We see a Conley to KObe connection in the Bulls lineup???
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Conley won't be there when the Bulls pick.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Conley won't be there when the Bulls pick.

I think the Bulls can make a deal with the Atlanta Hawks that send PJ Brown and their 1st round pick to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the 3rd overall pick.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I think the Bulls can make a deal with the Atlanta Hawks that send PJ Brown and their 1st round pick to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the 3rd overall pick.
I bet you $10,000 that they can't.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

If they trade Hinrich to the Lakers, it can be a possibilty, but i doubt he wil last when they pick.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Quote:

So ATL is basically switching picks for nothing?? PJ Brown is a free agent, he no longer has that appealling expiring contract. ESPN's trade machine is wrong now, the years left on the contact were including last season. Meaning PJ Brown has no years left on that big expensive contract.

Maybe if ATl got Duhon or Hinrich they'd maybe swap, which would be a nice idea for ATL, but does Chi really care that much 2 move 2 the 3rd pick??
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I bet you $10,000 that they can't.
I'll double that. $20,000 they don't make that trade.

I'm still hoping that Conley or Yi fall down to the Kings.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

why would the best PG in the draft drop that low???!!! im pretty sure Hawks will draft him...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:01 AM   #12
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Conley is as high on team's lists as some may think. I think he is probably high on some teams lists, but so aren't Horford, both Wrights, Jianlian, Noah, Brewer, and Jeff Green. You throw in a wildcard like Hawes, who I still think will get a very real look by the Celtics at 5 and certainly the Bulls at 9, and off of a sudden it isn't so crazy to think that Conley could fall to 9 or even 11. If the Kings trade Bibby, I think they take him, but if not, it is possible they take Thorton as people seem to think they will.

Would anyone be shocked to see the Hawks take Horford or Jianlian at 3 over Conley? Memphis to take Horford? Celtics to take Horford or Jeff Green? The Bucks to grab either Wright or Jeff Green? Minnesota to take Noah, either Wright, Brewer, Green, or possibly even Hawes? The Hornets to stick with Felton, and take Brewer, Noah, or Green? Chicago to take Noah or Hawes? The Kings to not trade Bibby, and replace Aretest with Green, Thorton, Brewer, or Julian Wright?

I wouldn't be shocked to see any of those things. I would expect Memphis and Minnesota to take Conley, but look how the PG's dropped last year.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #13
the_player
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the_player has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
No need to make their back court even more crowded. They need to give some room for players to develop like Thabo Sefalosha. I think the smart pick would be Spencer Hawes for them.

yeah I also see the Bulls taking Hawes if he's still available...he could develop without pressure with the Bulls..and in a couple of years be a Brad Miller type of player
the_player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #14
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

oh yeah I bet atlanta wants to deal that pick right away...see PJ brown is the key to this deal working....if they offer anyone else like gordon for the 3rd pick...the hawks will end trade talks...its PJ brown or no deal at all
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Hinrich could play a 2 gaurd, but why do that when he is doing just fine at point. They really need a post player, Hawes is there, take him.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: