Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default The draft just got even more unpredictable...

Not sure if there is a discussion on it already but the Memphis Grizzlies, who draft #4, just hired Chris Wallace from the Boston Celtics, who draft #5, to be their new GM.

I'm not sure if the Grizzlies are rumored to also be interest in Yi Jianlian and Jeff Green as the Celtics are but this might lead to Boston looking to make a move or two.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The draft just got even more unpredictable...

The guy drafted Kedrick Brown and Joe Forte and is responsible for the Vin Baker trade. I wouldn't do any deals out of fear of Chris Wallace. Wouldn't shock me if Ainge has been hyping Jianlian just to get someone else to take him (a la Robert Swift). Joakim Noah said that Jianlian ought to be the top pick, though.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The guy drafted Kedrick Brown and Joe Forte and is responsible for the Vin Baker trade. I wouldn't do any deals out of fear of Chris Wallace. Wouldn't shock me if Ainge has been hyping Jianlian just to get someone else to take him (a la Robert Swift). Joakim Noah said that Jianlian ought to be the top pick, though.

really???
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
really???
Yup.
Quote:
Noah, something of a self-styled draftnik, also has his own ideas on the player on the board who is most ready for the NBA.
Its Yi, he said of the Chinese star. Hes a great player. Based on his drill work, hes the No. 1 player in the draft. You just dont know how hell react when someone talks trash to him or throws an elbow at him.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact that a guy like Biggie can still get a job in the NBA after his years at the helm of the Celtics is unreal. Taking Kedrick Brown, who played fierce competition such as Pensacola Junior College, was one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen, and every Celtic fan knew immediately it was a mistake. Brown and Forte aren't picks that we look back now and go, "oh, what was he thinking" but thought they would work out at the time. Most Cs fans knew from day one Brown and Forte were going to be garbage.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

He said based on the workouts, but doesn't know how he'll do in an NBA game.

Doesn't look like he said he's the best player.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The fact that a guy like Biggie can still get a job in the NBA after his years at the helm of the Celtics is unreal. Taking Kedrick Brown, who played fierce competition such as Pensacola Junior College, was one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen, and every Celtic fan knew immediately it was a mistake. Brown and Forte aren't picks that we look back now and go, "oh, what was he thinking" but thought they would work out at the time. Most Cs fans knew from day one Brown and Forte were going to be garbage.
My response to Kedrick Brown was, "who?" I was a little more positive about Forte though. I didn't think he would be a star or anything but thought he might be able to score off the bench...alas, not even good for that much.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Buckets my friend, you are also forgetting the fact that he orchestrated the Joe Johnson(when it could've been Kedrick brown) for Rodney Rogers,and Tony Delk deal. He had a weekly radio spot(at the time) on 1510 the zone and was absolutely crowing about the fact that the player the Suns had really wanted was Kedrick Brown(Remember Suns were looking to dump salary at that time). But he(along with the rest of the C's front office) believed that Kedrick' potential and upside was greater then that of Joe Johnson and weren't willing to part w/him. This also the guy who said that the reason the C's drafted 3 wing guys that year, was because there weren't any legit big men(Had a shot at Zach Randolph or Brendan Haywood) or good point guards(Arenas, Parker, and Tinsley) in the draft.

Or my absolute favorite of all. The fact that they wasted the 11th pick that year on Kedrick Brown, which we got from Denver. Instead of holding onto it until for 2 years and allowing most of all the protections on it(It was top 10 protected in 01, top 5 in 02, #1 protected in 03, and unprotected in 04 and beyond) to end. So in 03' we could've drafted melo or Bosh or Wade. He used because he thought that Denver was a team on the rise, and the pick would never be any better then it was.

Good Luck Memphis!!!!!!
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

The thing with Kedrick Brown was that his athletic ability was awe inspiring. Saw him play at the Shaw' Summer league, and his raw ability was amazing. The problem was that everything else he had game knowledge, instincts, ball handling, jump shot were all pretty awful. He had very little if any skill to his game. But he could play defense. I believed that Joe forte would work out because he had been an absolute beast for UNC(he had been ACC player of the year). But there were some serious maturity issues there, and from what was written about him he didn't take to coaching well.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Buckets my friend, you are also forgetting the fact that he orchestrated the Joe Johnson(when it could've been Kedrick brown) for Rodney Rogers,and Tony Delk deal.
Most Celtic fans supported this deal at the time as we were looking to acquire key roleplayers for a playoff run.

Quote:
I believed that Joe forte would work out because he had been an absolute beast for UNC(he had been ACC player of the year).
Yeah, but you could tell his game wasn't going to transfer well. He was too small to the two, had a woeful jumper, and didn't handle the rock all that well. Undersized shooting guards who can't shoot and can't modify their game to the one don't generally succeed too well in the NBA.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 06-18-2007 at 07:09 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: