Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #46
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What do you guys do for a living?

I did 2 day courses and project/workbooks that were specific to my company to do what I do now.
I have been doing lending for a year now, and I have started applying for Branch Manager jobs because I have customer service, supervisory, and now lending experience.
talk to your manager or HR area and get a learning and developement plan in place, with clear steps and work out the internal study/experience necessary. and be loyal, companies love loyalty nowadays

I started as a teller, did a solid responsible job, turned up early, stayed positive, and tried to do ONE thing a day to help another staff member. 6 months later I was branch supervisor (one below branch manager). I did the lending courses and got a a lending job. I've done it for a year so now I can combine both skill sets to apply for a manager (big $$$) job. I'm only 24 so I feel really blessed but I worked hard and put good principles in place to get there.

I plan to manage a branch for 2 years and improve the branch performance really well, and then apply for senior company management positions. No degree or anything, but I am starting some external study now to back me up in the future if I want to be on a board or something.

hope that helps
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #47
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Best advice I can give anyone is no matter what the situation BACK YOURSELF. You were born to succeed, no one is born to fail.

bit corny, but true
Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 AM   #48
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

The CEO of Bank of America doesn't have a college degree. He makes 33 mil per year.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #49
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Kenneth D. Lewis (Born 9 April 1947 in Meridian, Mississippi) is the current Chairman, CEO, and President of Bank of America, one of the largest banks in the United States, positions he has held since the retirement of Hugh McColl in 2001.

He is a graduate of Georgia State University, where he earned a bachelor of arts degree in finance from J. Mack Robinson College of Business.

-wikipedia
Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 AM   #50
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow. F*** those idiots who gave us that motivational speech. Haha good call
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: