Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Skyscraper
Local High School Star
 
Skyscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,730
Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster
Default What is post count good for?

just a tally of how many posts? or does it also mean that the more posts = the better posters?
i see hotsizzle is at #1. does that mean he is the best poster? or does that mean he just posts a lot?
same for VCdrivesaporsche. i think he's a Nets fan. damn those Nets. always beating the Knicks
then I see a big gap in between a bunch of 7000 posters. are they also good?
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,187
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
just a tally of how many posts? or does it also mean that the more posts = the better posters?
i see hotsizzle is at #1. does that mean he is the best poster? or does that mean he just posts a lot?
same for VCdrivesaporsche. i think he's a Nets fan. damn those Nets. always beating the Knicks
then I see a big gap in between a bunch of 7000 posters. are they also good?


Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Wizardly Cool
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Until you reach say 250+ posts, you'll be no one on this message board. However, that doesn't mean more post = better posters. Once your name is out there, you've solidified yourself on the boards (for better or worse), but until then, what you say really doesn't mean jack sh*t.

Don't make the mistake of posting a bunch of garbage just to boost your post count. Keep them quality focused. Remember Quality > Quantity. Having an avatar would help too. Avatars are the staple of your hidden personality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Moose
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Until you reach say 250+ posts, you'll be no one on this message board. However, that doesn't mean more post = better posters. Once your name is out there, you've solidified yourself on the boards (for better or worse), but until then, what you say really doesn't mean jack sh*t.

Don't make the mistake of posting a bunch of garbage just to boost your post count. Keep them quality focused. Remember Quality > Quantity. Having an avatar would help too. Avatars are the staple of your hidden personality.

Well said. Quality is what matters more than number of posts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is post count good for?

The higher your post count, the less chances of getting owned in arguments by people with thousands of posts.

In all seriousness, it doesn't really matter. Just have a sufficient amount (250+) and you'll be fine. Quality > Quantity.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Skyscraper
Local High School Star
 
Skyscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,730
Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What is post count good for?

All right. But I see a lot of posters who type in one sentence or one of the smileys and then call it a day.

am I to assume Lebron23 is worthless because he just put a smiley face so his post count goes up by one?
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,187
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
All right. But I see a lot of posters who type in one sentence or one of the smileys and then call it a day.

am I to assume Lebron23 is worthless because he just put a smiley face so his post count goes up by one?


I assume that your another fellow poster here who use one of his sock accounts so that you can start a war with me..

Your so worthless and if i know you here i assume you got banned for trolling and disrespecting other poster here.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 3,900
sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What is post count good for?

some people mistake it for the size of their *****, how the two relate i dunno
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
Skyscraper
Local High School Star
 
Skyscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,730
Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I assume that your another fellow poster here who use one of his sock accounts so that you can start a war with me..

Your so worthless and if i know you here i assume you got banned for trolling and disrespecting other poster here.



why all the hate? Im new here. I don't know you from before. I posted a broom in the other thread because you seem to have made a stupid comment and you are a Lebron fan. anyway, i'll ask the jury: is Lebron23 a good poster or a worthless one?
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,310
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I assume that your another fellow poster here who use one of his sock accounts so that you can start a war with me..

Your so worthless and if i know you here i assume you got banned for trolling and disrespecting other poster here.

But you are an idiot. Everyone thinks this of you, it's not just the new poster, it's everyone.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,183
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Jeff (the owner of the site) reads each and every post that goes through here, and he rates every one of them. An average regular post will just give you the +1 in your post count. An above average post with some new information will give you +2 in your post count. If you make a really good, descriptive post (doesn't even have to be long -- just informative), your count jumps up +3. I've heard of some of the really good posters going up +5, but never actually seen one of the posts.

Your post count becomes eligible to be deducted from once you reach 100 in your post count. Once that happens, if you make any retarded/stupid/bad/worthless posts, your post count will go down -1. I don't think you can ever lose more than one point from your post count, but if you keep getting -1's, eventually your count will go all the way down to 0. Once that happens, that account name gets perma-banned, and you'll have to either leave the site or create a new, different name.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,187
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
why all the hate? Im new here. I don't know you from before. I posted a broom in the other thread because you seem to have made a stupid comment and you are a Lebron fan. anyway, i'll ask the jury: is Lebron23 a good poster or a worthless one?


I do not need the vote of some of my fellow poster here, I am a cool guy, got the looks that make the girls go Wild.

I just put you on my ignore list newbie.. I would not even argue with a like you.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,187
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
But you are an idiot. Everyone thinks this of you, it's not just the new poster, it's everyone.

You cannot even say it to my face littleman even my 13 yrs.old brother can Knock You Out.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #14
Wizardly Cool
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Being a "good" poster takes a combination of many things. Just like playing basketball, getting better or good takes experience and practice. Don't short yourself with weak responses to simple questions. Let me give you an example.

Topic Thread Question - Who's going to win the NBA Finals in 2008?

Weak Response - Dallas Mavericks, duh!

Good Response - Dallas will finally win it next season. They have all the right pieces, and they'll just put it all together this time around.

Even Better Response - The Mavericks will finally win it all next year. They have the team to do it, it'll just take an extra push from Avery Johnson and a little more effort from the team in the post season. Dirk coming off an MVP season will be more determined than ever to take his team to the next level. Everyone else will follow in his footsteps and step up their game a notch as well, especially when it counts in the playoffs.

There's no need to carefully articulate 100% of your responses, however it's important you keep the reader interested in both the material you're presenting and also the manner in which you present it.

Last edited by Wizardly Cool : 06-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,310
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is post count good for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
You cannot even say it to my face littleman even my 13 yrs.old brother can Knock You Out.

I got much more important things in life to do than to waste my time stepping up to some punk kid.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy