Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Vince Mcmahon *Spoiler inside*

Yeah, I know people knew this already, but just wanted to post an actual article so that people can stop acting like he's dead.

Quote:
WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Did Vince McMahon, who’s bluffed and blustered his way into the ringmaster’s role of the testosterone-fueled soap opera that is professional wrestling, really fall for the old bomb-in-the-limo trick?

Though World Wrestling Entertainment would have you believe otherwise, the answer is no.

“No one was in any danger,” said Steve Poremba, a Wachovia Arena spokesman, of Monday night’s WWE RAW spectacle at the arena, though he would not elaborate.

A WWE spokesman echoed that, but also wouldn’t elaborate, instead pointing to a news release from the company and “reports” on its Web site. The release inferred that celebrities who have “less than flattering things to say about” McMahon, including real estate mogul Donald Trump, sportscaster Bob Costas, rapper Snoop Dogg and wrestler “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, might be behind a plot to bump him off.

Despite articles on the Web site that firefighters and federal agents are investigating, workers at the Luzerne County 911 Center confirmed that it was “a stunt” and that no emergency vehicles were called to the arena on Monday night.
“The ‘federal agent’ (referenced on the Web site) is definitely not the FBI,” said Jerri Williams, a special agent spokeswoman with the FBI’s Philadelphia office. “We have not been made aware of any car bombings. … We would definitely have been informed.”But fans from across the country have been contacting local media to find out if McMahon, the chairman of the board of WWE, was actually blown up in a fiery limo-bombing on his so-called “Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night,” which was televised on USA Network. McMahon had walked out of the building to the waiting vehicle, so fans inside the arena saw the same televised live scene.

Only it was wasn’t live. Supervised by Zenith Pyrotechnology, based in Deer Park, N.Y., the explosion was actually filmed at the arena late Saturday night, the footage of the burning hulk taped Sunday night and the whole mess spliced together, said Andy Kratz, the township’s zoning officer.

“They did it, I believe, at 11 o’clock at night until 3 a.m., so no one would be around,” he said, adding that it was done in a section generally blocked from public view by the building and surrounding land features.

The pyrotechnics company had to get permits, which Kratz said it did about a week ago. “We have pyrotechnics shows in the arena all the time” for wrestling and ice skating, among other things, he said. “They say they do this quite a bit,” but usually not outside.

Representatives of the pyrotechnics company have not returned calls for comment.

Based on reaction from fans, who expressed indignation with the stunt, the story hook could instead hook itself.

“It’s messed up. A death is a serious matter,” said Kenny Noe, of Lakewood, Wash. “Wrestling is not about death. It’s about beating people up, maybe getting hurt.”

He referenced the actual deaths of several wrestling personalities in the past and said this incident casts a shadow over their memories. “What if Eddie Guerrero isn’t dead?”

“For (McMahon) to do something like this is ridiculous, if it’s a hoax,” Chris Dent of New Freedom, Pa., said, “… because the American public’s gonna wind up not watching his shows and it’s going to go down hill,” he said.
Still, they also agreed that the stunt will cause a buzz. “It’s just kind of weird, and my friends are probably going to be talking to me all day,” Dent said.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: Vince Mcmahon *Spoiler inside*

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/special/suspectsmcmahon/

According to WWE.com they have a list of suspect for the Vince Car Bombing.

My idea the suspect will be John Cena the reason that they brought up Bobby Lashley to Monday Night Raw is to make sure that if ever Cena will turn heel. Lashley can be the one guy that will benefit from this storyline.

HHH will fued with Randy Orton

HBK when he comeback can feud with Mr. Kennedy and King Booker.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Moose

lol at this stupid storyline wwe is trying to pull. Who are they kidding?

Just when the wwe was gettin a little bit interesting they pull this.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
sixerfan82
College star

i used to watch wrestling when i was younger, I'm actually related to a former champion which is how I got into it.

Now, if he DID in fake go for real, my sincere condolences to the mcmahon family, he was an amazing manager, business man, and marketer.

However, most of not all of wrestling is very much known to be fake, some of the skits are borderline real, but this was one of the more elaborate skits since the austin/mcmahon days. Wrestling has sucked since those days and if this is what he had to do to get ratings then wow, not the best thing to do, but you know he's serious about business
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Damn, am I the only one who thinks this storyline is pretty cool?
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
det2orl
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Damn, am I the only one who thinks this storyline is pretty cool?
Nope me too. Might get me back watching......maybe.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
sixerfan82
College star

it's good to know people dieing interests you :rollingeyes:
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
it's good to know people dieing interests you :rollingeyes:

IT'S FREAKING FAKE
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #9
det2orl
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
IT'S FREAKING FAKE

Exactly, 90% of movies have someone/something dying in them nowadays. This is the same thing.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I know who "supposedly" killed Mr. McMahon. It was Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Just watch and you'll see. It's never the usual suspects or the guys on the list. This is the best way to bring a guy that hasn't been on for while. At least I was told it was Macho Man. This person I know that has ties with the WWE said that he was the culprit.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #11
sixerfan82
College star

i understand its fake, hell i had a relative who used to do it,

however, the story isn't "cool" to see someone fake their death just for a few more ratings, that's MY opinion which I AM entitled to, as are you with yours
Old 06-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #12
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I know who "supposedly" killed Mr. McMahon. It was Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Just watch and you'll see. It's never the usual suspects or the guys on the list. This is the best way to bring a guy that hasn't been on for while. At least I was told it was Macho Man. This person I know that has ties with the WWE said that he was the culprit.

any link amigo???
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Ok, here's what's going to happen next.

McMahon will come back from his vacation in Cancun (where he is now), proclaim that he rose from the dead and is now the Antichrist. He will then announce a new tv contract with ESPN and buy out TNA and UFC.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
any link amigo???

i dk why i quoted ya lebron.. oh well...

triple h was the killer.. he will return, and run the show off air with stephanie.. and ON air with stephanie.. triple h will be back... just watch
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
“It’s messed up. A death is a serious matter,” said Kenny Noe, of Lakewood, Wash. “Wrestling is not about death. It’s about beating people up, maybe getting hurt.”
He referenced the actual deaths of several wrestling personalities in the past and said this incident casts a shadow over their memories. “What if Eddie Guerrero isn’t dead?”
This made me laugh.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: