Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default What happened to Francis??

He was an all star starter when he played in Houston. Was considered an elite player.. top 10 for a while. He gets traded to Orlando....and you know the rest. its not like hes that old or anything, what happend to the guy?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

couldnt cope with the loss of mobley
when he gets up every morning, it just isnt the same for him
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

Aussie Outcast has an OK reputation so far

People finally started opening their eyes and eralise that he is a shooting guard.
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

Mentally he just wasn't all there this season. He wasn't in his usual role at the start of the season and had some trouble adjusting. He had some great games for the Magic but he just seemed too passive and distracted at times. As for his play with the Knicks... can't blame him on that one.

I like Stevie. I think he's a real talented guy that could flourish again in the right situation. Speaking as a Magic fan, I wish him all the best.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Francis has not improved since he came into the league. Teams keep sticking him at the Point Guard position when he's a scorer.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Outcast
People finally started opening their eyes and eralise that he is a shooting guard.

...who shoots 39% .
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
He was an all star starter when he played in Houston. Was considered an elite player.. top 10 for a while. He gets traded to Orlando....and you know the rest. its not like hes that old or anything, what happend to the guy?

gets traded to Orlando and you know the rest?

He arguably had one of his best years in Orlando.

As someone else said, Mobley got moved and he fell apart.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

starbury happened
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he got seperation anxiety after mobley left...
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

His green light got taken away. Francis has talent, no doubt there. He just doesnt have the brains needed to use it. He also thinks he is a lot better than he is and has a big mouth. He is what he is, he wont play PG traditionally ever.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Steve would be a lot better off he if just tries to be a defensive minded player since he has all the necessary abilities to be a lockdown defender at the point guard spot. On the offensive end, I would like to see him back his man down more and make use of the strength he has. He doesn't really have a great jumper so the closer he gets to the basket the better. He can make the pass out of the post if he doesn't have a good look, and if he has to force a shot up, at least it is better than bricking a 19-23 footer.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Steve should get a gig with And1.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #13
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

I think Francis could be a great 6th man on the right team.

He is still a good player. Undersized at the 2.

If he became a team player i think he would do great next to legit superstar.

I hope he ends up with one. I would like to see him play next to Gasol/J. Oneal/KG
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #14
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

HoustonRockets87 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
...who shoots 39% .
he shot higher than that. and it's not like anyone complains about ai's shooting (even though eh actually shot alright last year). i never heard anyone complain during the season where he shot under 40%.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRockets87
he shot higher than that. and it's not like anyone complains about ai's shooting (even though eh actually shot alright last year). i never heard anyone complain during the season where he shot under 40%.

I'm with you there.

The only thing I don't like about Steve's game is his overdribbling (which sometimes is ok), and his attitude.

Steve Francis is a top 10 guard in the league, he does need the right situation.

Good destinations:
Boston
Detroit
Memphis
Miami
Minnesota
Phoenix (imagine him in the backcourt with Nash!)
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: