Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #16
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: OT: michael moore's new movie: SICKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Sad thing is that there are some people in the Canadian government that want to privatize health care

A 2 Tier system would work better. Everyone still gets free health care but there is an option to pay in private clinics for faster service.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #17
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
because it doesn't want to. it's the way system works. it's that simple.

work your ass off for everything. or die.

that's one big reason why usa is most powerful country in the world.

Yes and look what its got you....

Your bankrupt!

You cant travel abroad without always looking over your shoulder!

Your losing another War, that your leader had to lie about to you, to get you to go there!

....Oh well your still our neighbors and we love you inspite of yourselves....

watch out for China, A decade from now they might be the most powerful.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #18
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

you're talking out of your ass.

i'm an european. and just speaking realistically. i'm surely not a proponent of usa politics. but if you impartially ask yourself what brought them in position to be world's greatest power, this is one of more important reasons. and of course, not an only one.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #19
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

By the way, healthcare is not free around here, not matter what Michael Moore might tell you; as another poster has already mentioned, he sure plays his angles.
In Germany, you pay a certain percentage of your monthly income for your health insurance. This is mandatory. In return, yes, basic healthcare services or at least most of them are for free, but there's still a plethora of services you got to pay for.

Always, and I repeat always, take Moore with a generous spoonfull of salt.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #20
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
By the way, healthcare is not free around here, not matter what Michael Moore might tell you; as another poster has already mentioned, he sure plays his angles.
In Germany, you pay a certain percentage of your monthly income for your health insurance. This is mandatory. In return, yes, basic healthcare services or at least most of them are for free, but there's still a plethora of services you got to pay for.

Always, and I repeat always, take Moore with a generous spoonfull of salt.

it's similar in most of europe, and of course it's not completely free. it's the difference between your "gross" and "net" income.

and moore is great example of sensationalism in media...i consider myself more left orientated too, but you ALWAYS have to consider other angles of the story.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #21
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here in England, everyone who has a full time job pays taxes and a part of that goes towards health care, schools, police etc. So in return no matter how much damage is done, health care is some what free.

I've worded that a bit wrong, but that is basically the basics of how it works.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #22
Swinger
I airball my layups

Swinger has an OK reputation so far

When Micheal Moore has a major illness, I will personally pay his airfare to Cuba to get his treatment.
Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I heard about the movie just like an hour ago. It sounds good.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #24
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Bush..................

Who the H#LL voted for him and why? I remember tons of people on here wanting Bush back in 04. I hope they have changed their views now.

But the democrats are still a bunch of p*ssys in my book. They need to stand of to Bush and bring are troops home soon like they said they would when we elected them.

the Democrats poor support management for Kerry...
still left Kerry in the slight lead for the White House

it was that female Massachusetts supreme court justice who made the ruling that gay marriages were allowed in Massachusetts that upset a lot of moderate swing voters to Bush for the sole purpose of no gay people
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #25
Neb154
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Neb154 has an OK reputation so far

I just hope that people focus on the issue of healthcare, and not on the potential "angles" that Moore might have played. Moore is only the director, the crisis is the state of healthcare in this nation.

Over 40 million people in the United States do not have health insurance.

Another almost 40 million have inadequate health insurance.

I don't care what it takes, but this needs to change now.

Edit:

Also, obviously health care is not totally free in Western Europe. Government services are paid by taxes, and also there are certain services which I am sure cost extra. Yet, everyone at least has some access to some form of health care; that is the important thing.
Neb154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore; a requirement for making a good documentary is to be unbiased, and Moore certainly has an agenda.

However, the US healthcare system sucks donkey balls, and some US doctors are among the biggest crooks I have ever met in my life. I've personally seen them first hand ignore information that patients are giving them so that they can run a bunch of unnecessary tests/exams and jack up their bills and fees. I've seen them charge people for treatment that they didn't even receive, and when the patient called them on it, the doctors said "Don't worry, your insurance pays for it, so it won't cost you anything." Yeah, but that's still fraud you bastard.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #27
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyfast96
I never understood why some other countries are able to provide FREE healthcare. Can someone explain to me how that is possible and why America doesn't provide it being one of the richest countries in the world.

Sorry, maybe I'm a little late on other country's policies..

if you watch the movie, you will figure it out.

in the UK they GIVE you money when you get out of the hospitals for reimbursement of travel.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb154
I just hope that people focus on the issue of healthcare, and not on the potential "angles" that Moore might have played. Moore is only the director, the crisis is the state of healthcare in this nation.

Over 40 million people in the United States do not have health insurance.

Another almost 40 million have inadequate health insurance.

I don't care what it takes, but this needs to change now.

Edit:

Also, obviously health care is not totally free in Western Europe. Government services are paid by taxes, and also there are certain services which I am sure cost extra. Yet, everyone at least has some access to some form of health care; that is the important thing.
There are. If you are under the age of 18 and in full time education then you don't pay at all, the services are free. But once you are fully working, services such as opticians, dentists and orthodentists you have to pay for each visit.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #29
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore; a requirement for making a good documentary is to be unbiased, and Moore certainly has an agenda.

However, the US healthcare system sucks donkey balls, and some US doctors are among the biggest crooks I have ever met in my life. I've personally seen them first hand ignore information that patients are giving them so that they can run a bunch of unnecessary tests/exams and jack up their bills and fees. I've seen them charge people for treatment that they didn't even receive, and when the patient called them on it, the doctors said "Don't worry, your insurance pays for it, so it won't cost you anything." Yeah, but that's still fraud you bastard.

good doctors who actually care about their patients and are not afraid of going up against insurance companies or management still perform "differential diagnosis" right now to get to the root of the problem.

although some doctors are bad, it's more the fact that hospitals and health care providers want to cut costs as much as possible so they are telling doctors to half ass it.

and Michael Moore is fat. no credibility to fat people
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Here in England, everyone who has a full time job pays taxes and a part of that goes towards health care, schools, police etc. So in return no matter how much damage is done, health care is some what free.

I've worded that a bit wrong, but that is basically the basics of how it works.

yeah, we pay taxes also. i dont see any free health care

also, in the UK, if it is somewhat free. then what did you have to put out on your part? is there a premium?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: