Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rookie Steph: 17.5 ppg, 5.9 apg, 36 mpg vs Rookie Trae: 16.8 ppg, 7.4 apg, 30 mpg

Trae is playing less minutes than Steph did his rookie year.

Turnovers are about the same.

I am expecting Trae to finish the season strong. So he will kill Steph's rookie year PPG stat.

MPG = Minutes per game

They are basically the same player. The main difference is Trae will be able to stay healthy. Which was Steph's main problem early on in his career.

Default Re: Rookie Steph: 17.5 ppg, 5.9 apg, 36 mpg vs Rookie Trae: 16.8 ppg, 7.4 apg, 30 mpg

Steph Curry FG%: .462
    Trae Young FG%: .408

Steph Curry 3P%: .437
    Trae Young 3P%: .304

Steph Curry WS: 4.7
    Trae Young WS: 0.6

Steph Curry BPM: 1.0
    Trae Young BPM: -3.2

Steph Curry defense: Bad
    Trae Young defense: maybe the worst in league history

GSW Pace: 100.4 (1st in the league)
    ATL Pace: 104.4 (1st in the league)

Curry ranks better in almost every statistical category, on a bum ankle, on better efficiency, with less possessions per game, in a league where you were allowed to play defense.

Default Re: Rookie Steph: 17.5 ppg, 5.9 apg, 36 mpg vs Rookie Trae: 16.8 ppg, 7.4 apg, 30 mpg

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew

Curry ranks better in almost every statistical category, on a bum ankle, on better efficiency, with less possessions per game, in a league where you were allowed to play defense.
    You are actually an idiot for bringing up field goal pct. Win shares, team pace etc considering how much better Curry's teammates were compared to what Trae got right now. Still is a better play maker and passer than Steph was his rookie year.

Curry averaged 3.2 fouls a game terrible defender (bad is an under-statement).

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    You are actually an idiot for bringing up field goal pct. Win shares, team pace etc considering how much better Curry's teammates were compared to what Trae got right now. Still is a better play maker and passer than Steph was his rookie year.

Curry averaged 3.2 fouls a game terrible defender (bad is an under-statement).
    1). Win shares are an individual statistic, just like BPM and so on and so on. Stop hiding from it because it doesn't fit your retarded agenda.
    2). What the **** does quality of the team have to do with pace?
    3). The fact that the Hawks are a worse team, should speak in favor of Young. Curry had to share the ball, had to share his shots with Monte Ellis. Trae Young gets to do whatever the hell he pleases.
    4). Amount of fouls =/= bad or good defense.
    5). John Collins >>>>>>>> Trae Young.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

OP stats picking up women: 0

1). Win shares are an individual statistic, just like BPM and so on and so on. Stop hiding from it because it doesn't fit your retarded agenda.
    2). What the **** does quality of the team have to do with pace?
    3). The fact that the Hawks are a worse team, should speak in favor of Young. Curry had to share the ball, had to share his shots with Monte Ellis. Trae Young gets to do whatever the hell he pleases.
    4). Amount of fouls =/= bad or good defense.
    5). John Collins >>>>>>>> Trae Young.
    Don't talk to me about advanced stats

That explains why he's played less minutes than Steph did his rookie year? Watch games before you speak on a topic.

Dumb argument, Collins isn't a rookie you dumb-****. If you want to play this game. Then Monta >>>>>>>>>>>> Steph, back then? .

Also since FG% is important why is Kobe vs LeBron a debate?

''Don't talk to me about advanced stats because they ruin any credibility this shitty thread and my shitty opinion had.''

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob
    OP stats picking up women: 0
    BigShotBobbie stats picking up men: 2/3

You missed the opportunity to be perfect, when you tried me because I don't deal with fakkits and transgenders.

''Don't talk to me about advanced stats because they ruin any credibility this shitty thread and my shitty opinion had.''

No, idiot but are you willing to bring advanced stats in every argument or you simply picked whatever stats was giving Curry the advantage. Which wasn't the goal of this thread.

Comparing two players, who literally were being compared already. Posting similar stats (5 main stat categories), you get triggered because?

One, still got 29 games to go to his rookie season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Looks way better now than he did at the start of the year.

Year 3 will be when you'll be able to tell what player he likely will be and then become.

Hawks should have moved Bazemore and been willing to take salary back.

I can't imagine the Blazers would have turned down Bazemore for 2 of their bad contracts....while giving up a protected first or something.

Not sure how the Hawks didn't turn Bazemore, Dedmon, and Lin into something.

Even if you have to take back some salary, who cares, it isn't like a superstar is going to the Hawks this year...and the free agent class sucks next year.

Hawks should have been dumping ground to set up the franchise for the summer of 2021...while letting their young guys progress.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    BigShotBobbie stats picking up men: 2/3

You missed the opportunity to be perfect, when you tried me because I don't deal with fakkits and transgenders.
    I tried to pick you up?

cokehead with another incredibly stupid topic. I can see Trey ending up a better playmaker if he keeps developing annually however.
    Last edited by hold this L; 02-09-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Imagine showing PPG and not showing the % when the difference is 6% and 13%

Curry shot 43% from 3 right out of the gate and has never had a season below 41%. He's always been efficient. Meanwhile Trae Young is shooting 30% from 3

OP takes yet another L, what a surprise.

Steph came out what, 3 years older? Get back to me in 3 years. Also if you remove his one all time worst month, the gaps are closer. Trae has been more efficient than Luka Doncic on the season aside from that month.