Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far
Angry Marion>>>Odom

Whoever said that Odom is better than Marion, has no clue on why Marion is better. And Stats matter..

Look it up on NBA.com and you'll see Marions stats before Nash are better than Odom's stats.

And the Question is...

Who would you rather have on the team? Marion or Odom?

I'd have Marion because he beats Odom in every stat section assists. Turnovers not included.

edit: Link included.http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_...eer_stats.html

Last edited by LakerWarrior12 : 07-02-2007 at 07:59 PM.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Marion>>>Odom

I'm leaving it up to Gts for this one
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Marion is a good player, defensively and offensively. Not sure who I take if I had the choice.

Last edited by Erathia : 07-02-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
I'm leaving it up to Gts for this one
this does not need a new thread... this has been debated by plenty of folks in this thread right here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=47751&page=2

Including you LakerWarrior12... lets try and not pollute the thread with redundant posts
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
this does not need a new thread... this has been debated by plenty of folks in this thread right here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=47751&page=2

Including you LakerWarrior12... lets try and not pollute the thread with redundant posts

yeah ive debated this in like 3 other posts....haha....but anyways i might as well add another one to the list....

odom>>>>marion.....but why debate this.....everyones got thier own opinions and this trade isnt happening any time soon....

and to answer lakerwarrior12's question......id rather have odom on my team....but we already knew that....

now go on play lakerwarrior12....frolic in your land of misleading stats and wrong opinions.....haha....jk man....

turn that frown upside down....we're all laker fans here....

Last edited by apeman222 : 07-02-2007 at 08:44 PM.
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I'm not a fan of either but I like Odom more.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
I'm not a fan of either but I like Odom more.

And this is coming from a guy who absolutely wants odom out...Odom literally takes sh!ts on Marion.

However Marion would probably be a better fit.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 AM   #9
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

I'd have to go with the 4 time all star over the 0 time all star.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
I'd have to go with the 4 time all star over the 0 time all star.

Always a very invalid argument when you compare popularity votes to something else.

It's like saying Yao Ming is the best player
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

It's not a big difference but Marion has played his whole career in a system that was perfect for his skills and now with Nash orchestrating the offense, Marion has it perfect for him.

That system would also be perfect for Odom who has more skills than Marion and I believe Odom would be an absolute monster if he was in Marion's position.

Now true, Marion's less injury prone and more accomplished but from the skill standpoint, I think Odom is much better and would be amazing in the Suns system with Nash feeding him.

Boris Diaw was great for the Suns 2 years ago. He just showed how much you can thrive in that system as a passer.

Odom too is very versatile player and would be just amazing in the Suns system.

Marion OTOH would struggle with the Lakers halfcourt game as he always does.

Both players need to run. Marion is a better hustle guy while Odom is more skilled and talented. I think circumstances are what really counts here.

Marion is in a perfect position while Odom is not. That's what it's about IMO.
The Lakers would not improve with that move, at least Odom has some skills for the triangle although it's far from an ideal system for him.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^i actually agree with this for the most part.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I'll take Marion and his freaking disturbing shot.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #14
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'll take Marion and his freaking disturbing shot.

do we disagree on everthing..... ....

excpet for the fact that we're both fans of the lakers....
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
do we disagree on everthing..... ....

excpet for the fact that we're both fans of the lakers....

I dunno, does Marion's shot bother you too? :
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: