Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
IversonMelo2K7
BIG KAHUNA

IversonMelo2K7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jim Rome is the man

I love his slang, like when he calls DUI's "dooies" and talks about "smoking trees" on his show. This guy is damn smart and funny too.
IversonMelo2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jim Rome is the man

Personally, I find Jim Rome to be annoying, but to each his own. You are entitled to your own opinion.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I used to like him when he was on late night sports talk radio. Then he got popular and became an arrogant tool.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jim Rome needs to be beyotch slapped
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Jim Everett vs Jim Rome fight

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-832215227079121921&q=jim+rome+fight&total=55&start =0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I used to like him when he was on late night sports talk radio. Then he got popular and became an arrogant tool.

I sorta grew up listening to Rome (since my junior high days), he was cool then, the asswhooping from Jim Everett notwithstanding. However, you right about him. He's a 44 year-old white guy from the L.A. Valley suburbs talking like "he's down". His act is annoying now...I barely even listen to his radio show now, I avoid the TV show when I can. Besides, (this is probably more fact than rumor) everything he's says on his shows is 100% scripted, right down to the people who call his radio show. Don't believe me, listen real closely for awhile and understand what I mean.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

his 'fight' with Everrett was also scripted

made him famous

Jim Rome is a complete and utter douche
Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
IversonMelo2K7
BIG KAHUNA

it was not scripted u peon. keep believing that.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Some of the sh!t he says, i'd like to see him say it to the players faces. Then he'd be "the man."
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IversonMelo2K7
it was not scripted u peon. keep believing that.

ur naive as hell lil boy

why weren't any real punches thrown?

why were they chummy afterwards?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Frank Caliendo as Jim Rome

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-832215227079121921&q=jim+rome+fight&total=55&start =0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
IversonMelo2K7
BIG KAHUNA

there weren't any real punches thrown because Evert was just pissed and lost it for a sec, but not to the degree that hes going to start throwing haymakers and face discipline from the NFL...

honestly j to the izzo i guess it could have been staged its not like i have special insider info on what transpired but i firmly believe it was real.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
there weren't any real punches thrown because Evert was just pissed and lost it for a sec, but not to the degree that hes going to start throwing haymakers and face discipline from the NFL...

honestly j to the izzo i guess it could have been staged its not like i have special insider info on what transpired but i firmly believe it was real.
If it was real(which I highly doubt), it's an embarrassment to your hero. That reminds me of something I would do to annoy my sister when I was 5... And not only that, he got knocked to the ground with ease and couldn't fight back.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #14
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:

yeah, maybe, but a lot of things I've read said it was...nonetheless, he was smart for staging it or calling out Everett...made him famous...Im just not a big fan of his opinions...but sports radio guys are successful when people talk about them...good or bad.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i can't stand jim rome.. he is annoying and arrogant as hell. he needs to shut up.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: