Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster
Default IPod Video

is it worth it? i want to buy one. im a bit tight on money but I have enough extra cash to get one. it is a musicp layer and video right? can you put any videos on it? or the specially produced ones from Apple?
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: IPod Video

The battery life on mine was ****ty. Just to watch a TV show would use up half the batter. That, and I hate staring at that tiny ass screen. Mine was a gift, but if it were up to me, I would be fine with a scaled down version. It's nice to have that many GB's available for music, though.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The battery life on mine was ****ty. Just to watch a TV show would use up half the batter. That, and I hate staring at that tiny ass screen. Mine was a gift, but if it were up to me, I would be fine with a scaled down version. It's nice to have that many GB's available for music, though.

Yeah I have a 60GB but rarely actually use it for videos. Its OK but the screen size just makes it a bit annoying to try and watch for more than a couple of minutes.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

instead get a psp with a 4gb with a good firmware(hacked fw) unless you have one already

it takes the same amount of time to get the videos in the psp as it takes in an ipod video
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I bought the 80 gig iPod video 8 or 9 months ago and it was one of the best investments I ever made.

Whoever said it takes half the battery to watch a TV show probably had one of those cheap knockoffs made in the Phillipines.

I can usually get through about 3 full length movies before the battery dies. And when you're playing music without the backlight you can get 20 hrs easily.

Only knock is it's kind of old. You might just want to wait 6 months cause I bet Apple will release something new.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
I bought the 80 gig iPod video 8 or 9 months ago and it was one of the best investments I ever made.

Whoever said it takes half the battery to watch a TV show probably had one of those cheap knockoffs made in the Phillipines.

I can usually get through about 3 full length movies before the battery dies. And when you're playing music without the backlight you can get 20 hrs easily.

Only knock is it's kind of old. You might just want to wait 6 months cause I bet Apple will release something new.

I got mine at walmart. It's not been very good to me, despite my best efforts to take good care of it. The battery died not even a year after I purchased it.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I got mine at walmart. It's not been very good to me, despite my best efforts to take good care of it. The battery died not even a year after I purchased it.

Which one was it? And I thought it was a gift, so how did you "get it at Wal-Mart"?
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Which one was it? And I thought it was a gift, so how did you "get it at Wal-Mart"?

I live in a small town, so there really nowhere else that I could've gotten the gift from

The nearest mall is about an hour away, so it's a process of elimination as to where the gift came from.

BTW, it was the 30 GB one

Last edited by mlh1981 : 06-25-2007 at 03:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: