Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
I can. Mardy Collins and Marcus Williams are both big pure PGs that would allow Gil to play the 2 and give us more speed and intelligence on the court.

Isn't that what Antonio Daniels was supposed to do? I really don't see either of those guys being much of a help to the Wiz. In my view (based on what I saw in the games the Wiz played against the Pacers and in the playoffs against the Cavs), they need defensive help first and foremost. Cedric Simmons or Hilton Armstrong would've made sense, and I thought Armstrong at least might have been availiable at 18, but that was not the case.

The Wizards already have good perimeter players, and they should have them for some time to come. Daniels is locked up for a while, and he should have a better season than he did last year (he almost has to). Pecherov makes a certain amount of sense, since he should be able to play a large role in the frontcourt down the road.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
w/ my L pass last year i noticed haywood was trying a little baby hook alot,
don't discuss Haywood's offense with me; I just ate.

Quote:
[ps. How do you pronounce Blatche? I thought it was Bla-chee but then on 2K6 they said Blaitch.
I'm pretty sure it's just "latch" with a B. There's a chance it might be "BLAH-ch" but I know it's not any of the 2 you said. I am pretty sure Wiz announcers said "b-latch"

Quote:
Isn't that what Antonio Daniels was supposed to do? I really don't see either of those guys being much of a help to the Wiz.
Daniels is old. I want a long-term starting PG (not a SG who can't shoot and is fast enough to defend PGs) so Gilbert can be a permanent 2, and I want him to be big. Daniels can teach Williams a thing or two for a couple years and then come off the bench. They're a hell of a lot more helpful than a euro big man whose afriad of the paint and wont' come over till 2007 and even then will be rawer than sushi.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 07-10-2006 at 04:28 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #18
jamal
crawford, mashburn

danials reminds me of jamal crawford in that they just seem to belong in tha playground. AD's game is very street-ish.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #19
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Cause as it stands right now nobody on that team can reliably hit a shot outside 18.

Umm...Gilbert Arenas??
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
danials reminds me of jamal crawford in that they just seem to belong in tha playground. AD's game is very street-ish.
Because he can't shoot? AD is frequently at the top of the league in assist/TO ratio, never takes a jumper unless wide open, and his entire offense is straightfoward right hand drives to the basket. I love his game but street isn't how I'd describe it

Quote:
Umm...Gilbert Arenas??
True, he can, but he also has 1-11 3pt shooting nights, and I don't WANT him shooting outside 18 feet...
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Last year he hit 7 twice and 6 four times, and finished shooting 37% from downtown. That's gotta count for something. I would take him as an outside shooter on my team any day.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: