Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter

And all those other ones. We were talkin about it at work so i decided to keep the discussion goin on here. What do you guys think is the best fighting game franchise of all time?

I would probably have to go with Street Fighter as the #1 spot. I love Tekken too but SF is always like "the original" to me. Classic fighters, classic sound effects, classic moves...everything about the game just screams classic. From Ryu's fireball to Blanka's electricity to E-Honda's 100 hand slap, that game brings back so many memories
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter

1) Street Fighter (Remember having that on SNES)
2) Mortal Kombat (Remember having that on Sega Genesis)
3) Tekken (Remember having that for PlayStation 1)
4) Virtual Fighter (Have it for PlayStation 2... not that great)
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Street Fighter was the best.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

hands down street fighter, I think I played all SF variants and still do play with my friends. Im also a MK fan due to the way the game changed the way violence was brought to the video game scene. I was never a fan of 3-D fighters so I was never a fan of tekken. I also ddint enjoy the combo system of tekken. other fighting games I enjoyed

-World heroes perfect
-Guilty Gear
-Marvel Vs. Capcom
-King of fighters series
- Capcom vs. SNK series
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
1) Street Fighter (Remember having that on SNES)
2) Mortal Kombat (Remember having that on Sega Genesis)
3) Tekken (Remember having that for PlayStation 1)
4) Virtual Fighter (Have it for PlayStation 2... not that great)

I say thats about right.

Anyone remember Killer Instinct for Snes? That game was good.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

Street Fighter, but Mortal Kombat aint too far behind.

Tekken is Street Fighter on steroids. suprisingly its more popular than Street Fighter.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ken and Blanka FTW
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
Kobe24Bryant
Kids at the park dunk on me

Kobe24Bryant has an OK reputation so far

Tekken easily for me. I remember spending so much time on Tekken 3 when it was out. damn Hwoarang & Jin kicked major ass.
Kobe24Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #9
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Steet Fighter II pioneered the fighting game craze. Mortal Kombat took it to another level with the gruesome fatalities. I never got into Tekken or Virtua Fighter. The last Mortal Kombat I played was Deadly Alliance which was alright, MK3 was better IMO. Killer Instinct was pretty badass too.

Anyone remember how to do Guile's handcuffs on the arcade edition where it locks up the game?

Who would win in between Ryu vs. Scorpion?

Last edited by Ballastic : 06-20-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Street Fighter was the best. I just loved playing that game. I remember when I was in Mexico, that was the only game I would play at the Arcades.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ahhh Marvel vs Capcom.... Those were the days....
Street Fighter has to be the best though. The one on Sega Genises is a classic
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Ya, im gonna go with street fighter as well. The characters were much more unqiue and the stuff they said when they did special moves were cool.

Also, the fighting was easier to maneuver.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

I'll take Soul Calibur, followed by Street Fighter and then Killer Instinct.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. street fighter
2. MK
3. Virtua Fighter
4. Tekken

i used to jam on street fighter like crazy. i remember when it 1st came out and riding my skateboard to this grocery store with a pocket of quarters to play it. i liked using the sumo guy, the stretchy indian dude, and guile was probably my favorite.

i also remember the 1st time MK came out and pulling off my 1st fatality.

hey, don't forget Pit Fighter. it was cool for a little bit.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #15
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Steet Fighter II pioneered the fighting game craze. Mortal Kombat took it to another level with the gruesome fatalities. I never got into Tekken or Virtua Fighter. The last Mortal Kombat I played was Deadly Alliance which was alright, MK3 was better IMO. Killer Instinct was pretty badass too.

Anyone remember how to do Guile's handcuffs on the arcade edition where it locks up the game?

Who would win in between Ryu vs. Scorpion?

That video is sick. Akuma saves the day.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: