Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.
Default Jose Calderon

like many other hawks fans i've been hearing alot of the "trade Marvin williams/picks for a veteran PG" talk. The name that seems to continually coming up is jarret jack of the portland trailblazers. Then i asked myself why not jose calderon? Calderon is the best non-starter in the nba and has the potential to be a star PG, exactly what the hawks need.

I know Toronto and Bryan Colangelo have a high asking price but those on the raptor board are convinced Colangelo would give up Calderon for ethier Marvin or the 11th pick plus Childress.

this team already has all the young talent we need, it's about time we put some proven nba players, especially if their potential stars, around it. Altanta should take advantage of Toronto's PG dilemma and snag Calderon because there aren't many oppurtunites to get a Calderon tier PG, at his age, with the ammount of success he's already had, combined with his potential to be even better.

Many NBA experts compare Calderon game/potential to Steve Nash when given the oppurtunity to start. I say we unlock some of that potential and give him that oppurtunity. it makes me drool dreaming of Calderon running and creating with J.Smith, Joe Johnson,Al horford, Williams. GET IT DONE!
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:11 AM   #2
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jose Calderon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
like many other hawks fans i've been hearing alot of the "trade Marvin williams/picks for a veteran PG" talk. The name that seems to continually coming up is jarret jack of the portland trailblazers. Then i asked myself why not jose calderon? Calderon is the best non-starter in the nba and has the potential to be a star PG, exactly what the hawks need.

I know Toronto and Bryan Colangelo have a high asking price but those on the raptor board are convinced Colangelo would give up Calderon for ethier Marvin or the 11th pick plus Childress.

this team already has all the young talent we need, it's about time we put some proven nba players, especially if their potential stars, around it. Altanta should take advantage of Toronto's PG dilemma and snag Calderon because there aren't many oppurtunites to get a Calderon tier PG, at his age, with the ammount of success he's already had, combined with his potential to be even better.

Many NBA experts compare Calderon game/potential to Steve Nash when given the oppurtunity to start. I say we unlock some of that potential and give him that oppurtunity. it makes me drool dreaming of Calderon running and creating with J.Smith, Joe Johnson,Al horford, Williams. GET IT DONE!
Well, I understand that Hawks need a PG and that Calderon is well schooled in Europe and a pass-first, team oriented PG that Hawks could certainly use... But, don't you think that givin' up Marvin or Chills or 11th pick is bit too much for Calderon... He would be a nice pickup, but not at this price...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 AM   #3
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Great post DFFF!!!

Anyways T21 I also feel like giving up Marvin/or 11/ or Chill would be too much to give up. I would trade Chill and Salim or Marvin alone. Not 11, and not both Marvin and Chill.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You'd have to give up alot to get calderon. BC has come out and said he does not want to trade calderon, unless he was given a really good offer. It's a shame, I'm really curious how Jose would do as a starter.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: