Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #16
silky_smooth
I hit open layups

Default Re: OT: What are your favorite Quotes?

"Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage."
-Ambrose Bierce

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."
-Will Rodgers

"Humanity's behavior suggests intelligence is an evolutionary dead end."
-Wayne M. Shmidt

"There is no use whatsoever trying to help people who do not help themselves. You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb himself."
-Andrew Carniegie
silky_smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #17
silky_smooth
I hit open layups

"Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage."
-Ambrose Bierce

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."
-Will Rodgers

"Humanity's behavior suggests intelligence is an evolutionary dead end."
-Wayne M. Shmidt

"There is no use whatsoever trying to help people who do not help themselves. You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb himself."
-Andrew Carniegie
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
artificial
:-P

<- vita mutatur, non tollitur

"But really, the only things a woman needs for me to like her is pulse and legs. Though I made an exception last week." -Duckman

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

"I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike"

"Here it comes!! From the Bob Barker Studios at CBS in Hollywood!! Television's most exciting hour of fantastic prizes!! The fabulous 60-minute PRICE IS RIGHT!

"This is Bob Barker, reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye everbody."

"Let's go Insurance adjusters, lets go!"
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #20
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #21
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default saint quote

preach the Gospel at all times

when necessary, use words

--francis of assisi
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
silky_smooth
I hit open layups

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Last edited by silky_smooth : 06-25-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #23
cdot11
Peace.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Ghandi
cdot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #24
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

"I'm fast. I'm pretty. And can't possibly be beat!"

"I MUST be the greatest!"

"I'm a bad man!"

-- Muhammed Ali
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming.

My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich'.

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do.

You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.

“I came to the realization a couple months ago that I am fat. If you get tired from walking - and that's all that golf is - then you are officially fat.”

All by Sir Charles Barkley
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

"All goals apart from the means are illusions. Becoming is a denial of being." -Bruce Lee

"A person who is said to be proficient at the arts is like a fool. Because of his foolishness in concerning himself with just one thing, he thinks of nothing else and thus becomes proficient. He is a worthless person." -Tsunetomo Yamamoto

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

"Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat." -Oscar Wilde
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #27
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

It ainít about how hard you can hit, itís about how hard you can get hit.

You are only free only once you lose everything.

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Iíll make him an offer he canít refuse.

ďMy style is impetuous, my defense is impregnanble and Iím just ferocious, I want your heart and I want to eat his Children.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure (Agent Smith)

So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared *beep* kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my *beep* life apart. You're an orphan right? You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a *beep* about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some *beep* book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f@*&ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f@@&king fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f@&k you are on Sunday night. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f@@&ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pi$$ing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f@@&ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin? ĖTrainspotting

When I Asked God for Strength, He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face
When I Asked God for Brain & Brawn, He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve
When I Asked God for Happiness, He Showed Me Some Unhappy People
When I Asked God for Wealth, He Showed Me How to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Favors, He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Peace, He Showed Me How to Help Others

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the *****, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.... The chain reaction of evil ó hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars ó must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

WillPhillySmith, where is that last quote from? It looks familar but i cant think of where its from.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #29
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

MLK
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #30
schyza
High School Starter

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table. "

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting"

Ronald Reagan
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: