Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #46
B-Low
The Love B-Low

haha i know i was kidding. Still though it was a dangerous move by Nate, especially considering Peja probably would have screwed the shot up on his own anyway lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #47
ronron15
High School Starter

Default re

STEPHON MARBURY IS GOING TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW GOOD HE IS NEXT SEASON... JUST WATCH.... STEPHON MARBURY IS ALL STAR TALENT AND ONE OF THE BEST POINT GUARDS IN THE WORLD.....

LETS GO CONEY ISLAND..
LETS GO BROOKLYN...
LETS GO NEW YORK...
LETS GO KNICKS...

MARBURY WILL BE NICE NEXT SEASON
AND
THE KNICKS WILLLLLLLL WIN (more than last season)
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #48
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

This is a great thread, Zaza Comments are actually really good.

Keep up the good work!
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #49
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Why is the idea that Thomas had some input on the offense so far fetched? For Marbury to remember the exact game kinda lends credibility to the idea that something abnormal happened prior to it to make it stand out in his mind.

I'm really curious to see the response the Knicks, Marbury, and Thomas get from some of you and the media when the Knicks are vastly improved next season.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #50
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
For Marbury to remember the exact game kinda lends credibility to the idea that something abnormal happened prior to it to make it stand out in his mind.

I agree 100% with that.

It just seems awfully weird.

Maybe its more about the strained Brown-Thomas relationship where neither one respected their boundaries. In any case, I cannot picture any good GM putting in offenses. Do you see Rod Thorn going into the Nets locker room and calling a play? At most I can imagine in a meeting a GM suggesting a style of offense to a coahc, but even that feels like a stretch.

Quote:
I'm really curious to see the response the Knicks, Marbury, and Thomas get from some of you and the media when the Knicks are vastly improved next season.

I imiagine in the beginning there will be some doubt but if they play well, I'll be thrilled for them. I always root for my Knicks and I do beleive they'll play better under Thomas. Doesn't change the fact that they say some dumbass things.

...oh and no matter how well they play, I'll never like chest-thumping and showboating. I'll never like over-handling and poor shot decisions - but those shouldgo away with "playing well".

Last edited by Joey Zaza : 07-11-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #51
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
So, I'm like, 'Man, you'll be good.' And he's like, 'I can't help you down there.' "

Who can?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #52
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza

"Just because you're having fun and you're enjoying what you're doing does not mean you're out of control,"
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:35 AM   #53
Bill Swerski

ROTFLMMFAO ...A+++ for Joey ZAZA....

Oh sh!t fam,
Old 07-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #54
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

From the NYT on Nate Robinson and his boyfriend Isiah Thomas:

Nate Robinson was still pumped up and beaming after dunking a bounce pass to himself when he heard someone shouting at him. Robinson, as he so often did last season after a flight of fancy, peered over his shoulder to find the source.

For once, Robinson was grinning, not cringing.

Zaza note - the whole "We're so much happier now that Brown has left" storyline bugged me when it was coming out of Detroit.

This was not his coach chastising him for being a showboat, but a fan shouting his approval.

“Hey, Robinson! You rock!” the admirer bellowed from the stands after Robinson’s dunk Friday night against Cleveland in Las Vegas.

Zaza note - ...and in other news, fans are still idiots

A dozen more rows back and one section over, Robinson’s new coach with the Knicks sat quietly. The coach, Isiah Thomas, did not yell approval or disdain. But, it would seem, he too was thinking that Robinson rocks.

“If I was 5 feet 5, or whatever he is, and I could bounce it on the floor and dunk it, I’d try, too,” Thomas said of Robinson, who is listed at 5-9. “It’s a pretty unique thing that he can do that. I’m glad he did it. And I hope he gets the opportunity to do it again.”

It is fast becoming a cliché for players and reporters to compare and contrast the Larry Brown era that just ended with the Thomas era now beginning. But it was hard to mistake Robinson’s unbridled enthusiasm during summer-league games.

Only two days before the dunk, Robinson said of Brown: “It was like he was trying to take my joy: ‘Don’t do this. Don’t do that.’ ”

Zaza note- I hate when my bosses try to take my joy. Don't do this, don't do that, don't come in late, don't troll ISH, don't piss of clients

Robinson seemed to be on a mission to reclaim the joy when he returned to the court for the first time since the Knicks fired Brown.

Minutes into Friday’s game, Robinson received a technical foul for jawing with Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson. Leading a fast break early in the second quarter, he zipped an ill-advised over-the-shoulder pass, but made up for it by hitting a 3-pointer after the Knicks recovered the ball.

Zaza note- Brown was always like don't do this, don't do that, don't throw over the shoulder passes when regular passes will do. But turning the ball over with showboat passes is part of Nate Rob's joy

A few minutes later, Robinson tried to dunk on the 6-7 forward Brandon Hunter, drew a foul and talked trash to him.

This is what the Knicks refer to as “Nate being Nate” — or what Brown derisively referred to as Robinson being “a highlight film” instead of a point guard.

The Knicks were up by 9 points in the second quarter when Robinson completed a breakaway with the pass to himself for the two-handed dunk. And it was, after all, only summer league, an exhibition by definition.

Even the old-school Brown might have appreciated the spectacle, given the context. Robinson said he would not attempt the same maneuver if the Knicks were down by 20 points, or playing a regular-season game. But Thomas is placing no such restrictions on Robinson’s creativity. He said he would welcome such a play even in a meaningful game because “part of basketball is show business.”

An opposing player may one day disagree and try to dismember Robinson on the court, but Thomas expressed no such concern.

“Let’s not make the game more than it really is,” Thomas said. “I mean, it’s really not that serious. It’s not life or death. It really is a game. And fun is part of the game. Entertainment is part of the game.”

Zaza note - Lets talk to the guys who enforced for Isiah in Detroit about the "fun"

As a rookie last season, Robinson mixed erratic moments with stellar play, averaging 9.3 points, 2 assists and 1.58 turnovers in 21.4 minutes a game. He is believed to be two inches shorter than his listed height, but he plays well above it, and at a breakneck speed. It is his uncanny athletic ability, his brashness and his showmanship that have endeared Robinson to fans.

He was a clear crowd favorite when he won the N.B.A.’s slam-dunk competition in February. He is one of only three players featured in bus-stop advertisements for the Vegas Summer League.

If Robinson is reasserting his right to bounce and preen because Brown is gone, he will not admit it.

“I knew that was coming,” Robinson said sheepishly when asked if he would have performed the dunk with Brown on the bench. “It’s just who I am. I think I would. This is summer league, though. In a game, I’d never do that.”

With a Knicks public-relations official monitoring his every word, Robinson deflected all questions about Brown, saying, “For us as players, we’re trying to move on and focus on now.”

He had no such reservations when asked what directives Thomas had given him. “He told me never change who I am,” Robinson said. “That’s the first thing he told me. I’m going to do whatever it takes for me to get where I need to be.”

Zaza note - That's just good coaching. "Don't change your game for the team, just do whatever YOU need to do for YOU to get to where YOU need to be".
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #55
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza

"Just because you're having fun and you're enjoying what you're doing does not mean you're out of control,"

(the out-of-controlness in this pic is a little mroe subtle. Not only is he going up against 'Sheed, who has about 2 feet on him, but Eddy Curry looks wide open about 5-7 feet away from the basket. You think, maybe, he'd have a better shot than Nate Rob? But hey, he''s having fun)

I think Robinson can play the same role Kobe played in his first two years, garbage time legend. In Kobe's second year he scored like 17 ppg going bannanas during the 4th quater of blow outs. This kid Robinson could be that kind of player, with 3 min. to go in the game the fans can start chanting Nate, Nate, Nate and he can come off the bench and score 10pts in three minutes. As for Curry maybe he should play with the second team. Marbury and Francis (Oh that damn Francis) will surely pound the ish out of the ball for about 18 seconds whenever the fastbreak is not working.

I still think the Knicks win 45 this year, they are in the weakest div. in basketball.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #56
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

"I mean, it’s really not that serious. It’s not life or death. It really is a game. And fun is part of the game. Entertainment is part of the game.”
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #57
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

THe knicks will def improve in wins by a larger amount than people realize. They are in a weak division in the EAST. They will have a consistent rotation, with actual set roles for players. People overlook this but it is very difficult playing a different role all the time. Thomas is an offensive minded coach who will gel with his offensive minded players. I mean come on... larry brown tried playing them like he did the pistons almost. THEY ARE AN OFFENSIVE TEAM. They have offensive players. ANd now have a offensive coach who will be consistent. isiah will be like he was in the pacers just with a better knowledge of his players being able to watch them for a whole year. The knicks will be better and do have a chance to make the playoffs easily. During that six game winning streak.. we had a consistent line up and then larry changed it again and and marbury got hurt and that was it for the rest of the season. They will play much better with actual set roles. And come FEB. i believe more big time players will be available as always when the free agent market is weak.
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #58
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

^^ Larrys Face is priceless
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #59
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

"I mean, it’s really not that serious. It’s not life or death. It really is a game. And fun is part of the game. Entertainment is part of the game.”

(I'm sure MJ thought Rodman's punch to the balls and IT's decapitation was "not that serious")
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #60
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I give them guys credit.... Bird, Laimbeer, zeke, Rodman, all them dudes were fighters and it was a joy to watch them bust their asses for the trophy.

zeke can say its just a game, but he is being disingenous when he says that... he was one of the fiercest competitors in the game when he played. He knows it is more than just a game to the players who really want to win. He played like the game was everything to him... he played like it was life and death....I think he is just trying to downplay the magnitude of this upcoming season for him and for his players...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: