Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Can we take our division next year?

We're already ahead of Minnesota, Portland, etc. Our real challenge is the Jazz... do you think we can get by them next year with a fresh start, the duo of Iverson and Melo, and the return of K-Mart and improvement of Nene?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can we take our division next year?

KMart returning is actually going to hinder the team IMO. A veteran with a bad attitude and inconsistent offense is the last thing the Nuggets need.

However, they still have a great chance of taking the Division. Minnesota, Seattle, and Portland don't stand a chance but like you mentioned, Utah is going to be tough. Their confidence will be sky high after making it to the WCF and the Deron/Carlos duo will only get better.

Can the Nuggets win the Division? Definitely. Will they? Probably not.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just want us to get a.. 6th seed in the playoffs, at least. Though that's probably the best we'll get. And I agree, K-Mart will probably hurt the team more than help it. He already as problems with George Karl.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who do you see taking the other 5 seeds ahead of the Nuggets?

In no order: Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio all are guaranteed to beat out the Nuggets IMO, with Houston and Utah possibly also ahead of us. The Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, and maybe the Hornets all have the potential of making the Playoffs but I just don't see any of those teams getting a better record than Denver.

My early predictions, barring any blockbuster trades or FA signings:

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. San Antonio
4. Utah
5. Denver
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. LA Clippers
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

1) Dallas
2) Phoenix
3) San Antonio
4) Houston
5) Utah
6) Denver
7) Golden State
8) New Orleans/LA Clippers

That's my estimation judging by how they're doing right now without trade suspicions.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Considering the fact that we battled with the suspension, chemistry problems following the suspension, no defense until the last month and no Kmart all year (who i used to think was a cancer, but nowdays dont think that so much), i think the nuggets were exceptional this season.

When you really think about it, we fell 5 games short of 50 wins despite all those issues. Utah had 51 wins, so i am by no means hesitant to think we can beat them next year. The Nuggets are due for a season without turmoil, and i think if next year proves to be a smoother ride than the last few, we should have no problem winning the division. Having said that, Utah are a great team, and they are equally as likely to improve next year.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
When you really think about it, we fell 5 games short of 50 wins despite all those issues.
Agreed. If JR and Melo didn't get suspended and Iverson came whilst they were still here and we acquired Blake during that time period, we could have easily won 50.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

It is pretty amazing, looking back, that we won 47 games last year. That gives me alot of hope for next year, for sure.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
It is pretty amazing, looking back, that we won 47 games last year. That gives me alot of hope for next year, for sure.
Especially with Nene getting much better and Iverson and Carmelo beginning to mesh.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21

I thought it was 45?

Either way, we overachieved considering our problems both on and off the court.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: