Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #31
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

If Salmons ever pans out -and that's a huge if- it won't be in philly. won't be missed, though i hoped we could receive something in exchange.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #32
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Cool.

House is gone and Salmons can easily make up for his 10 points.

7.5 points in Philly is at least 10 point in PHX.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #33
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Did anyone ever get a source to this, I'm interested and would like to learn more.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:18 AM   #34
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

The suns are ****ing up big time without colangelo. Giving away a great draft pick, signing piatkowski and salmons....shame, shame, shame.

Last edited by kumquat : 07-11-2006 at 03:09 AM.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 AM   #35
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I've never really been able to swallow Salmons' game.

Just never liked the way he played.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:25 AM   #36
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
They cleared I think 9 mill when they traded away their picks, and Brian Grant's contract, so they'll be fine.

??? 9 million??? are you crazy? trading 2 picks in the 20s probably saved them maybe 2.5-3 mil under the cap. some of yall dont understand this business.

and both moves are great. pike is an EXCELLENT fit, i think salmons is a good fit too.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 AM   #37
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

You know what you're getting from both them though, and it isn't much. Having the chance to pick up a young guy like Williams or Rodriguez, possible future replacements for Nash aren't easy to come by on the free agent market. Saving a couple of million dollars by giving away guys with plenty of potential will more than likely lose you money in the long run. It means you have to overpay guys in the future to fill Nash's shoes and if you aren't able to get a guy good enough for the role, the franchise will go in a down direction and a losing team gives you less opportunity to make money.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:33 AM   #38
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

salmons is a restricted free agent, and we mainly did that to be able to get something in return. He is a good fit for u guys, he needs to be able to open his game up, cuz here he doesn't handle the ball much. We're most likely getting a 2nd rounder then and a 3.6 million trade exception or w/e. Now we have that plus a 4.5 million trade exception for marc jackson, and a 1.75 million trade exception also. So i think it's good for both sides.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 AM   #39
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
It's not actually a half bad signing.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
worst signing EVER.

Could you please make up your mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Barbosa is a SG, no matter what anyone, even D'Antoni says((or is FORCED to say by Sarver in order to please the fans)).

Late in this season D'Antoni said that he was sorry that he forced Leandro playing PG and he realised he is a SG. So I was caught by suprise when he said they have him to back up Nash.

- - - - - - -

Just my opinion:

Salmons will be a good fit for the Suns....

In Philly a lot of players could be better if they would be playing elsewhere... Iggy, Ollie,...

But still, this is just what I think about this matter. :rollingeyes:
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #40
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Any player becomes better with the Suns. Honestly, though, he's not that good.

That being said, the Sixers bench just became even weaker (if that's possible).
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
Any player becomes better with the Suns. Honestly, though, he's not that good.

That being said, the Sixers bench just became even weaker (if that's possible).

Weaker how?

Iggy/W.Green/B.Jones
Korver/Carney

Guess if you take into account the rookies?
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #42
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Salmons is skilled, but somehow he still gives you nothing at all... He is a liability in the 4th Qtr and he isnt that good in the other 3 Qtrs

I wont miss him. I hope we can get something for him tho.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #43
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Thank god he's not coming back. Surprised to even get back a pick for him tho but hey cant complain.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #44
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs up John Salmons

yeah i think salmons is going to shine in phoenix(then again hoo doesnt)...good move, sarver!
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #45
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
So Suns need not have him in late in the 4th. And everything is cool. Not a bad player but not upset to see him go considering who we have.

I can gurantee that, as long as Nash is healthy, Salmons will NOTe playing in crunch time. Why would he? We have plenty of scoring options. He is just there to replace House's ten point per game. If he can at least average half of that in the POs, unlike House did, then its even better.

And, the pick up wouldn't be that bad if this wasn't true:

Quote:
You know what you're getting from both them though, and it isn't much. Having the chance to pick up a young guy like Williams or Rodriguez, possible future replacements for Nash aren't easy to come by on the free agent market. Saving a couple of million dollars by giving away guys with plenty of potential will more than likely lose you money in the long run. It means you have to overpay guys in the future to fill Nash's shoes and if you aren't able to get a guy good enough for the role, the franchise will go in a down direction and a losing team gives you less opportunity to make money.

I really don't understand. I guess Sarver/D'antoni figured out recently that they ****ed up and that they missed out on Marcus Williams, and that they need a PG BAD. So, they got Salmons. Pretty much for nothing. That trade exception was about to expire. And, in theory, that second rounder would not find much playing time in PHX anyway. Now, we need a backup C. I am not content in playing Diaw at C, not if we want to win a title. All the good centers are preety much gone, unless we REALLY try and get Wright, but I dont really like him.

Damn. We could have just gotten Marcus Wililams.

**sigh**

At least the Bulls are doing good....
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: