Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #61
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
^We also got Willie Green coming back and he is a much better player than Salmons was... We just signed Randolph too...

I still think we need a mobile veteran big-man to help out with the post defense, but our roster isnt too bad at the moment

Yeah, another solid frontcourt player would be nice. And when Willie came back he added a spark on offense. I'll take Willie over Salmons. I like adding Randolph. Young big man, give him another shot/try. He first started off as a young Will Purdue. Tailed off but another season wont be bad. Just think we need another frontcourt player because Hunter cant hold it down by himself.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #62
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

I posted an article in the Sixers forum. Salmons will either be going to Phoenix or Toronto. Either team would trade a trade exception and a 2nd round pick.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #63
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I wish he would just make up his mind so both teams could move forward but hope he comes to TO. He would fit in well with the new running style our team would like to implement and as well play 1-3 if need be.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #64
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Considering he actually has a remote chance to start in Toronto, he'll probably end up going there.

I think they're offering more money too.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #65
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Does anyone else find it somewhat comical that the Suns and Raptors have gone after at least 3 of the same players this year?

First the Suns and Raptors both targeted Garbajosa.

Then Raptors wanted to sign House, the Suns wanted to resign him but not pay too much. So when the Suns decided to go after Salmons, the next day a report comes out that the Raptors are offering 4 mil a year for Salmons.

Weird . . .
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #66
xHardcourtx
I airball my layups

xHardcourtx has an OK reputation so far

probably because of the colangelo connection...i mean he built the suns into a certain system, and since it was succesful, they're going to try and remain in that system now that he's gone. He's moving along the same lines with the raptors, so it makes sense that theyd target the same players.
xHardcourtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #67
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't mind Salmons. I think he can be a very solid guard coming off the bench, something the Raptors REALLY need.

But 5 year offers?? 5 YEARS?!?! Not a good deal if they lock him up for this long unless the last year is a team option or something. Colangelo stated not long ago that he wanted to limit contract offer to 3 years or so and try not to go any longer. Seeing this philosophy abandoned for a bench player would not be a good sign.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #68
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

In 4-5 years you don't know how good he will be by then. The only three we will have under contract at that point are Bosh/Bargnani/Salmons. He also had nice averages when AI was out with his injury. He will be a nice backup/starter for the Raps
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #69
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

raps are only really looking at this guy because colangelo doesn't have a lot of faith in calderon.

im not a fan of paying a backup 2guard this much cash... but we still really need a backup 2guard.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 AM   #70
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: John Salmons heading to the Suns..

I wish this would have happened...He would have fit in nicely

Thank God we got Banks
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 AM   #71
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

salmons is ok. i just dont like him in games when it matters most, he seems to crumble and turns it over when we have a chance to win or tie the game. its costed us about 2 games this season.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:46 AM   #72
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
salmons is ok. i just dont like him in games when it matters most, he seems to crumble and turns it over when we have a chance to win or tie the game. its costed us about 2 games this season.

O rly??? That sucks but from what i have seen(not much) he has been one of the kings bright spots

I still would rather have him and his "unclutch" ability than banks and his inability to get off the bench
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #73
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Statman is right. Salmons is so much more helpful than Banks, it's not even funny.

Salmons has looked really good in the 4-5 Kings games I've seen this year. Sure, he might not be a closer, but that's probably because he doesn't have a clearly-defined best ability. Lots of those all-around players aren't that great in the clutch because there isn't one thing they do better than they do everything else. They're "less defined" if that makes sense.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: