Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Chad Fords latest Mock Draft

In his latest mock draft he has Brewer going to us at 8, but highly emphasized that Charlotte is seriously considering trading the pick to someone wanting to move up like the Sixers. The Bobcats are highly interested in Brewer, and Nick Young so their thinking about possibly trading down to where Nick Young could fall to them. With the 22nd pick they have Charlotte taking Sean Williams which would be absolutely sensational.

On a personal note this may sound ludicrous, but if Williams doesnt create any off court havok I would rather have him than Yi or any other big man in the draft not named Oden. The guy is a defensive animal and one of if not the most athletic player in the draft. In 15 games with BC this past season before he was dismissed he was averaging 5bpg. He is working with John Lucas currently in Houston trying to revive his image, and working on his offensive game which isnt that bad either. Williams is also a true center which would allow Okafor to move back to PF.

Felton,Brewer,Wallace,Okafor, Williams.

Im not sure that a team could score 85 ppg on us with that lineup.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chad Fords latest Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
On a personal note this may sound ludicrous, but if Williams doesnt create any off court havok I would rather have him than Yi or any other big man in the draft not named Oden.

I actually agree 100%. I hope to God he falls to 22 but I doubt it. Williams has been quoted saying he thinks he is lottery talent and I completely agree. I think he can play C in the NBA immediately and the defensive duo of Okafor and Williams would be unpenetrable (sp?). It would help us out a lot against big men like Howard and Shaq in the division; Bosh, R. Wallace, C. Webber, and Jermain O'Neal in the East; and Duncan, Stoudemire, etc... out West (FOR WHEN WE MAKE THE FINALS).

I am also not convinced we will trade the pick. I just don't know who we would want from either the Sixers or the Suns (the other team Ford mentions as a trade partner) that they would be willing to part with.

Obviously the Suns have a lot of talent but they wouldn't trade any of it for #8. The only people I could see them trading MIGHT be Diaw, Bell or Barbosa. Of those, only Barbosa could fit on the Bobcats at 2 gaurd.

The only player I see on the Sixers that I might want on the Bobcats would be Samuel Dalembert to play C but he's not worth the #8. Maybe Dalembert + #12. That way, we could start Felton, Nick Young, Wallace, Okafor, Dalembert; which wouldn't be too bad.

Anyways, I would love for the draft to go the way of the newest mock. We would have a ton of young talent and have a full enough roster that we could wait until next year to dip into free agency; instead of going after Rashard Lewis this summer.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chad Fords latest Mock Draft

It seems like the Bobcats are doing a lot of talking but not opening their mouths too wide b/c no one has any specifics behind the rumors. Anyways, here is what Ford is saying today...

Tuesday's Rumors:
- Bobcats are a target of Pheonix who wants to move up for Noah , Brewer, Yi, Wright, or Green. The Hawks and Bucks are also possiblities for the Suns.

- The talk is that the Bobcats want a "young veteran" with a reasonable salary in exchange for the 8th pick.

- Wright seems to be slipping and will continue to slip past the Bobcats if Brewer or Noah (please God, no) are still available.

- Sean Williams is in a state of limbo. The most obvious place for him to land is the Nets (at 17), but they could pass on him b/c of his off-court issues. If he does end up past the Nets, the next team to grab him (according to Ford) would be the Bobcats but he could still fall farther if we pass on him (for the same reason as NJ).

In other words, no one has any idea what the Bobcats are going to do b/c they are the only team in the lottery not talking and not throwing up smoke screens. If only we could read MJ's mind.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: