Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation
Default How come you never see people outside anymore?

Everywhere I go, there's hardly kids playing outside, you never see anybody anymore on a hot summer day! I think they are all inside on ISH.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How come you never see people outside anymore?

kids are still in school right now.

it is oppressively hot outside in the Northeast right now.

if you are in the Midwest or South, then I do not know what to say.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blame video games, the internet, and the fact that kids have more structured activities than they did 10-15 years ago. Combine these factors, especially the first two, and when kids do have the desire to go out, they don't have as much creativity anymore, so play doesn't last as long.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Blame video games, the internet, and the fact that kids have more structured activities than they did 10-15 years ago. Combine these factors, especially the first two, and when kids do have the desire to go out, they don't have as much creativity anymore, so play doesn't last as long.

aaaah it all adds up now
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

I go out at night with friends, with the girlfriend, with business associates etc.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
I go out at night with friends, with the girlfriend, with business associates etc.

That's night time. What about during the day? There's no one outside to play ball or anything.. only in the courts
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
That's night time. What about during the day? There's no one outside to play ball or anything.. only in the courts

i live in an urban setting so I constantly see people outside.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
kids are still in school right now.

Not around here.

In texas, the summer heat and humidity make daytime activities less than pleasant (I work outside most summers, thankfully not this one).
as MLH pointed out, the xbox, satellite tv, and internet are time wasters. We are generally less active overall than we used to be (one reason we are a nation of fatties). Not so much in urban areas (as VC points out), but in many areas where stores, bars, etc arent walking distance, you drive.

I remember riding my bike through the neighborhood as a kid (with a whole gang) and it seemed like everybody wa out walking (thier baby, their dog, just to get some fresh air). I dont see that as much anymore. When people are outside they are either exercising themselves or their dog.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Not around here.

In texas, the summer heat and humidity make daytime activities less than pleasant (I work outside most summers, thankfully not this one).
as MLH pointed out, the xbox, satellite tv, and internet are time wasters. We are generally less active overall than we used to be (one reason we are a nation of fatties). Not so much in urban areas (as VC points out), but in many areas where stores, bars, etc arent walking distance, you drive.

I remember riding my bike through the neighborhood as a kid (with a whole gang) and it seemed like everybody wa out walking (thier baby, their dog, just to get some fresh air). I dont see that as much anymore. When people are outside they are either exercising themselves or their dog.

like I said, I mentioned "unless you are in the South" in my above post. I know about the school scheduling differences
Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
like I said, I mentioned "unless you are in the South" in my above post. I know about the school scheduling differences
Texas is not the South!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would def. be outside more if there was stuff to do around here. Everything is a 20 minute drive away. This town has NOTHING to do. I'm glad I'm not a kid growing up here. No parks, no rec centers, no NOTHING. I'm glad I'm moving soon.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Texas is not the South!

i also mentioned Midwest
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Obesity
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i also mentioned Midwest

Texans consider their state as their own region, basically their own country
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Texans consider their state as their own region, basically their own country
it is the only state allowed to keep its own standing army (though it really doesnt any more), it can withdraw from the union if it wants, and it can still split itself into 5 seperate states as well. It is also the only state (other than Hawaii) that was its own country at one point (not part of mexico, etc.). ALthough you could argue that the mormon King Strang on Beaver Island, Lake Michigan was its own country as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: