Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #76
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: Benoit. Official cause of death, why he did it and details on his personal life

speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #77
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Benoit. Official cause of death, why he did it and details on his personal life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Reports and authorities have already confirmed that he did strangle his wife and smothered his 7-year-old son.

Jesus Christ.

People. He did it.

Not that hard to believe.

I was really hoping Chris had nothing to do with their deaths. Now that it's clear he did it, I regret the day I ever started idolizing him.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #78
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I was really hoping Chris had nothing to do with their deaths. Now that it's clear he did it, I regret the day I ever started idolizing him.

I agree.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #79
Underclass Hero
Can barely lace up my sneakers

This is so fu**ed up.

Wow I can't believe somebody could do that to their family.
Underclass Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #80
D-Wade
Great college starter

PWTorch can now report the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. The message, according to our sources, said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #81
proof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her

Being paranoid comes from years of using steroids.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #82
D-Wade
Great college starter

Here is the Bret Hart interview about Chris Benoit.

He said in it that people he knew who spoke to Chris and his wife recently, say that he was depressed because of the direction he was going in in wrestling. Could be moving to the ECW show of made him depressed, it was the C show after all

Link to video, copy and paste it in to your browser

hxxp://video.canada.com/Video.aspx?23863&ch=global
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #83
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
On RAW last night, all his peers were calling him the complete opposite. They said he loved his family so much and what not.
nah...i think he really cared about his family and stuff, but it was just messed up by a few moments of weakness
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #84
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #85
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Disrespectful.

That's just sad.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #86
D-Wade
Great college starter

The following article is from the EdmontonSun.Com and written by Eliza Barlow:

Chris Benoit may have been so depressed that he believed his family would be “better off in heaven” when he allegedly murdered his wife and son before killing himself, says an expert on murder-suicide.

WWE wrestler Benoit, his wife Nancy and son Daniel, 7, were found dead Monday in their suburban Atlanta home.

Local police are treating the case as a murder-suicide.

Dr. John Bradford, associate chief of the integrated forensic program for the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, said murder-suicides that wipe out a family are most often carried out by the father.

“The most usual cause is a major depression, normally a severe one with psychotic features,” said Bradford, also a professor of forensic psychiatry at the University of Ottawa.

“They sort of start to think, in this psychotic thinking, that the whole family would be better off in heaven ... that, ‘This is a horrible place, I think we’d all be better off dead.’”

Psychiatrists commonly refer to murder-suicide as “extended suicide,” when the killer decides life is not worth living, he said.

Police in Georgia say they will be investigating whether steroid use was a factor in the case.

Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the home.

Bradford said steroid use carries “a lot of baggage” when it comes to psychiatric health because the drugs alter brain and body chemistry.

“People that abuse steroids carry with them an increase risk of rage and rage attacks. There’s also an increased risk of depression, so it’s kind of a double whammy.”

Dads who decide to kill their kids often turn to methods such as smothering because they don’t want the children to suffer, said Bradford.

Benoit Update: Needle Marks, JR, Lots More Inside

The story becomes more and more shocking...

In an interview with ESPN.com, Fayetteville, Georgia District Attorney Scott Ballard revealed new information on two text messages that Chris Benoit sent to Chavo Guerrero over the weekend. In the first message, Benoit told Guerrero that Nancy and Daniel Benoit were both sick. It is believed that Benoit sent this message after he had already killed both Nancy and Daniel. In the second message, Benoit told Guerrero that the gates to his house were open and that dogs were outside. It is believed that he sent the second message as a way of making sure the bodies were all found after his suicide.

Even more shocking is that Benoit's son, Daniel, was apparently found with needle marks in his arm. According to Ballard, the boy was being given Human Growth Hormones because the family thought he was undersized.

The article also states that Benoit used weights and the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment to hang himself.

Jim Ross has put up his comments on the Chris Benoit situation at JrsBarBQ.com.

WWE just issued the following statement regarding their decision to cancel their July tour of Canada: Out of respect for the surviving members of the Benoit family and the city of Edmonton, World Wrestling Entertainment® has postponed its Canadian tour scheduled from July 14-17. These dates include shows scheduled at the Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon, the Brandt Centre in Regina, the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary and the Rexall Place in Edmonton. Please check WWE.com and WWE programming in the near future for further information on the rescheduled events.

WWE's UK DVD distributor, Silvervision, has removed the Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks DVD from their website.

ToysRUs.com has pulled all Chris Benoit action figures from their website.

WWE.com has pulled the "I Did It" Mr. McMahon shirt from their website.

TNAwrestling.com has pulled the note of condolence about Chris Benoit that they had put up on Monday.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: