Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #16
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Dallas wouldn't want this trade. And Toronto could find a better trade than this by far.

While I agree with the fact that Dallas would probably 95% of the time not want this trade, I strongly disagree with your statement that Toronto could find better than this, Devin Harris is a franchise point guard and is still extremely young, not only that but he's also a defensive monster. Along with him, you get a defensive monster in DeSagana Diop who is only 24 years old and improving daily, he is also a center, where we have the biggest need for a defensive presence. Those two assets would help our team immensely, we would definately be a playoff team with them in the lineup.

PG - Devin Harris
SG - Morris Peterson
SF - Charlie Villaneuva
PF - Chris Bosh
CT - DeSagana Diop

That is easily a playoff team in the east for the next 10 years or more. It would be a fantastic trade for the Toronto Raptors, which is a reason why it will not happen.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I am not saying this is a bad trade "genius". I am saying it will never happen for Dallas has said that Harris is a bright up and comer for that organization. How many good point guards are in the league? Exactly.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:05 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Honestly, why get rid of a point guard that has done so much for your team. Devin Harris has done so much for the Dallas franchise in this series when he starts games. Think about it this way, having a point guard out due to foul trouble just to have a player that can play almost the same skill level come back in. Dallas wouldn't want this trade. And Toronto could find a better trade than this by far.

Basicly implying it's a bad trade, just admit you messed up and we can move on.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #19
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

You can't find the better trade. Harris and Diop are way too valuable pieces in the Dallas organization- they would not trade them by those means.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #20
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Basicly implying it's a bad trade, just admit you messed up and we can move on.

I'm sorry, but if you can't find a better trade in the league than this, there is something wrong. I am not saying it is a bad trade, it is a great trade, but one, it won't happen, and two, there is a whole league full of potential out there, this is not the only trade that can be made. I don't regret what I say, I don't regret what I do.

I can honestly say I can't think of any trades BUT there are better trades that could go down....and BTW, Mo Williams and Jamaal Magloire for Mo Pete and Charlie Villanueva is the worst trade i have heard to date.

A trade I would like to see is David Harrison and Jamaal Tinsley for those players....2 guys that are good and reliable (even though Tinsley has had some history of injuries).
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 AM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Are you bosh4prez?

yes
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #22
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

no way i rahter draft LA>DIOP and sign jay will > devin
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollol604
no way i rahter draft LA>DIOP and sign jay will > devin

Jay Will > Devin Harris???

:stupid:
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #24
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default ..

Question ...now if u have a team that wins the championship ..and lets say dallas won ..Why would they dismantle there team your talking about 2 key bench players lol i dont think so man ..nice thaught though
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: