Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #166
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac#1

Is that JERM in the video talkin?

Also how can lip readers read that? This gotta be a joke/prank. You can read lips from the reply and tell what was said.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #167
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I'm reporting your post Gobb,it was so wrong at so many levels.

Did they delete the post that was questionable?

I just read this entire thread and I didn't see anything wrong. Actually I agree with Gobb (and Rahseed). I can't really comment to what Zidane did because I've never experienced racism. Still, it was a dumb move. I'm not going to rip him, but I'm not going to defend him either.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #168
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Laker Raider is still trying to justify what Zindane did

it was flat out dumb....its that simple... whatever was said to him could have been dealt with verbally. the situation was verbal until Zindane head butts the guy...

It was a bad idea....period..

In a time where Arabs and Muslims are being racially targeted against, I understand his actions and frustrations
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #169
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
Is that JERM in the video talkin?

Also how can lip readers read that? This gotta be a joke/prank. You can read lips from the reply and tell what was said.

It's possible that the lip reader could read that. It's hard to say. There's nothing racist about what he said (according to the lip reader). It is enough to get under my skin after a match of physical play and trash talking. Still, it's obviously not smart.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #170
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
In a time where Arabs and Muslims are being racially targeted against, I understand his actions and frustrations

To be honest, I do too.

I've seen on television how bad the racism and the taunting can get...It is really ugly and unacceptable... but this is the big game, the last big game for Zidane. this is what everybody has been busting their tails for. Cant let it slip away because he got ejected. Maybe they still lose if he was in the game, but it had to hurt to have to leave and watch the rest of the game on TV.....

gotta be more restrained than that.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #171
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Kid is determined...I damn sure aint reading all of that stuff he just posted. He'll never get over it. I wonder how he felt about Raja Bell choke slammin his boy Kobe.

Horrible analogy. I'm sure Kobe Bryant didn't say anything racial to Kobe Bryant to set him off. I'm sure no one in the arena was chanting racial slurs against Raja Bell to set Raja Bell off.

You can't compare the two situations. I know that's the National Basketball Association is the only thing you can relate to, but it's different man. Players don't get racially harassed by the fans every night, if they do, the fans will punish, and maybe beat up.

However, in football games, you have thousands and thousands of fans chanting the same racial slurs to a certain player, and of course that's going to get to a certain player.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #172
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
However, in football games, you have thousands and thousands of fans chanting the same racial slurs to a certain player, and of course that's going to get to a certain player.

Which is why he should probably have let it go. I understand why he reacted, but it's a difficult situation. Trash talking is something that happens. Zidane knew that it would happen. I doubt this is the first time someone said something racist to him this tornament (assuming that something racist was said to him).

Zidane is a huge star. He's the Michael Jordan of French Soccer (or close to it). He should have probably been there for his team.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #173
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
To be honest, I do too.

I've seen on television how bad the racism and the taunting can get...It is really ugly and unacceptable... but this is the big game, the last big game for Zidane. this is what everybody has been busting their tails for. Cant let it slip away because he got ejected. Maybe they still lose if he was in the game, but it had to hurt to have to leave and watch the rest of the game on TV.....

gotta be more restrained than that.

I understand what you're saying. It's different seeing it on television than being there and experiencing it for yourself. There are times in life when you just can't really restrain yourself, you just burst with emotions. We're human beings, none of us are perfect. Each one of us has a certain trigger point or boiling point.

Some people's sensative issue could be their race, or their family and friends

The former GOBB said something along the lines of that if someone made fun of his son, he would go off on him.

Each person has their boiling point. It's kind of easy to sit there and say, he should'nt have lost his cool. It's the last match and so on.

I understand what he was going through. He felt justified in doing what he did at the time.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #174
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:

The former GOBB said something along the lines of that if someone made fun of his son, he would go off on him.

Each person has their boiling point. It's kind of easy to sit there and say, he should'nt have lost his cool. It's the last match and so on.

I'm guessing for Zidane, his boiling point is his family. The whole situation is ugly.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #175
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
I understand what you're saying. It's different seeing it on television than being there and experiencing it for yourself. There are times in life when you just can't really restrain yourself, you just burst with emotions. We're human beings, none of us are perfect. Each one of us has a certain trigger point or boiling point.

I understand what he was going through. He felt justified in doing what he did at the time.

No Please go back and read Kwali's post i quoted. He basically put you in Lamar Odoms shoes where he recently lost his 6 month old son. To me there is a difference losing a child and someone dissing your child that exists.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #176
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

If you lose your 6 year old son and some knuckle-head starts taunting you about it...

I think I could hang in there in the playoffs or the finals....but regular season? Pre-season?

I might black out on the guy and wake up in prison on some "what happened?" type sh*t

someone bold enough to talk down on your dead kid is askin to get himself hurt up.

Like I said : I dont condone it........but I understand
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #177
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
No Please go back and read Kwali's post i quoted. He basically put you in Lamar Odoms shoes where he recently lost his 6 month old son. To me there is a difference losing a child and someone dissing your child that exists.

Would you still go off on him even though it's the National Basketball Association Finals??? Just wondering.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #178
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

The World Cup is bigger than the NBA Finals. They are still comparable, though.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #179
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
The World Cup is bigger than the NBA Finals. They are still comparable, though.

I know that, I'm just trying to give him an example that he can relate since he's always comparing these type of situations to Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat, and the National Basketball Association Finals.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #180
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

This is a basketball message board, so that's why there are so many basketball comparisons. I agree with you, though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: