Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #31
pirate army
I airball my layups

pirate army has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
1. We have a topic on this already you fat ****
2. Dirty terrorist = n*gger, yet blacks didnt act out when called the world
3. You're from Canada, no crap you support the French stupidity.
4. He said she said

Your second point is beyond ridiculous. They're not the same, and sometimes they have and do, sometimes they haven't and don't.
Secondly, what is the claim that Canadians all support France based on? Is it like Americans always support South-Africans because some of them speak English?
Thanks anyway.

edit: Headbutting people and name-calling are childish and stupid.
pirate army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #32
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I've heard the full quote was:

"You deserve all that and more, all you motherf-ing muslims do, you f-ing terrorists."

Double standards are great. Remember the backlash in the recent thread where the black player attacked the white player in a basketball game because of some pushing?

"Self-defense! He probably called him something racist!"

Then, it was deplorable. Yet, calling another player a "terrorist" and attacking the religion of over a billion people is perfectly okay. And when the insulted player attacks? "Wow. Great job! He managed to get into his head!"
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate army
Your second point is beyond ridiculous. They're not the same, and sometimes they have and do, sometimes they haven't and don't.
Secondly, what is the claim that Canadians all support France based on? Is it like Americans always support South-Africans because some of them speak English?
Thanks anyway.

edit: Headbutting people and name-calling are childish and stupid.

How is it beyond ridiculous? They are the same. Dont tell me calling someone a dirty terrorist is worst then being called a N*GGGER! Who the phuck are you? Tony Blair? Babe Ruth didnt take a bat to a players skull being called a n*gger. Jackie Robinson, Hank AAron...where did they knock a player out for being called out their name?

Players family members have been dissed to thier face and you didnt see a reaction like Zidane. So why is it Zidane can get a free pass or defense from stupid phucks because a guy supposedly called him a dirty terrorist? Zidane has been the target of racial slurs before and didnt react in this manner. Why now? Why in a big game, las game of your career in double OT you would head butt a guy?

Tell me how my 2nd point is ridiculous please. This I gotta here!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #34
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
1. We have a topic on this already you fat ****
2. Dirty terrorist = n*gger, yet blacks didnt act out when called the world
3. You're from Canada, no crap you support the French stupidity.
4. He said she said

1) You don't own this board. Anybody can do what they want.

2) I guarantee you, a white person calls a black player the "N" word, he will retaliate.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #35
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
How is it beyond ridiculous? They are the same. Dont tell me calling someone a dirty terrorist is worst then being called a N*GGGER! Who the phuck are you? Tony Blair? Babe Ruth didnt take a bat to a players skull being called a n*gger. Jackie Robinson, Hank AAron...where did they knock a player out for being called out their name?

Being black i can tell it is worse being called a dirty terrorist than n*gger.

1st : We call ourselves n*ggers and we promote it too. Its like slang this days, some black people even let there white friends call em n*ggers cause they find it funny or something.

2nd : Alot of Muslims are peaceful and only a small margin do commit those kind of acts. They claim Muslim Releigion is the reason but they have there reasons that have nothing to do with the Religion of "Islam". Soo when you call an arab or Muslim a dirty Terrorist when he is a good citizen, its really offensive.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #36
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:

Players family members have been dissed to thier face and you didnt see a reaction like Zidane. So why is it Zidane can get a free pass or defense from stupid phucks because a guy supposedly called him a dirty terrorist? Zidane has been the target of racial slurs before and didnt react in this manner. Why now? Why in a big game, las game of your career in double OT you would head butt a guy?

GOBB, do you understand the history of racism in soccer??? Do you know why the slogan "No to racism" was a big deal in this World Cup??? Because Africans, Arabs, and Muslims are treated worse than animals in some European countries.

You thinking that dirty terrorist is no big deal is because you are not of Middle Eastern descent yourself. You probably haven't experienced phone taps or FBI interrogations.

How do you know that Zinadine Zidane, or any player for that matter, didn't retaliate to racial slurs in the past??? You just recently got into soccer.

Keep in mind that fans in soccer stadiums are racist too, so when you have tens of thousands of people making monkey noises like they do in Spain or scream "Dirty terrorist," it's going to affect the players. If you don't believe me and want an English speaker to spell it out for you, ask Demarcus Beasley or Oguchi Onyewo about their experiences playing football in Europe and they'll tell you.

You say something racist at a basketball game, you'll get kicked out or beat up, because it's a small enclosed arena, and people will spot you and have you thrown out.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #37
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Materazzi got headbutted to the chest and fell down like he just took a shotgun blast to the gut. Pretty weak looking, in my opinion. You're acting like Zidane was standing over top of the dude and stomping the back of his head with his feet.

And from what I've heard, the full quote was more like, "You deserve all that and more, all you motherf-ing muslims do, you f-ing terrorists." A little bit different than just referring to someone as a "dirty terrorist."

Comparing a situation in the past where racism was extremely rampant and players were easily outnumbered as proof that this was over the top is ridiculous. I guarantee you they were all thinking, "Well, I could fight back against these racists.. but I don't feel like getting lynched today."
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #38
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

roflcopter
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #39
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4

1st : We call ourselves n*ggers and we promote it too. Its like slang this days, some black people even let there white friends call em n*ggers cause they find it funny or something.

2nd : Alot of Muslims are peaceful and only a small margin do commit those kind of acts. They claim Muslim Releigion is the reason but they have there reasons that have nothing to do with the Religion of "Islam". Soo when you call an arab or Muslim a dirty Terrorist when he is a good citizen, its really offensive.

Tips4, I respect you as a poster. Positive reputation points for you man. Finally somebody on this board gets it.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
2) I guarantee you, a white person calls a black player the "N" word, he will retaliate.

Back in the day they didnt. So now what? Romo the dirtiest player in NFL history spit in a black mans face. JJ Stokes did NOTHING but point and looked for a zebra! Get a clue....you dudes blowing this Zidane situation up too much. Like this is the worlds ultimate sin and he gets a pass.

Anyone who supports his stupidity for letting a player get under his skin is a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4

STFU. You didnt grow up back in the day idiot. There is no comparison now vs then. You couldnt live back then. You wouldnt be acting like you are. Jackie Robinson recieved death threats and white baseball players hated him being in "thier" league. Yet he didnt react like a simpleton as Zidane did. I wasnt aware being called a TERRORIST reached the #1 racial slur and the worst slur one could call another human being. :rollingeyes:
Old 07-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #41
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Zidane shouldn't have retaliated. Simple as that. But he did. Oh well, too late to do anything now. But what Materazzi said is unacceptable, and quite frankly I don't BLAME Zidane for headbutting the dude. He lost his cool. He's not the first player to have lost his cool and he won't be the last.

Keep the racism in your dank basements with your white cloths and musky Nazi memorabilia.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #42
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

That's pretty bad. Still Zidane should not have retaliated and complained to the official instead.
Its the finals man, you're your team's #1 guy, you simply don't do **** like that.

Hope the italian guy gets banned/fined if this is true.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #43
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

StraightHustlinInTDOT has not been impressing people
Default .

Gobb, get a clue. Black people react even if a white guy says "*****" in the same way black people say it. Calling someone a terrorist is a pretty offensive remark these days considering the circumstances. Go outside once in a while and catch up on current events instead of watching BET and Nickelodeon all day trying to come up with insults you can use on a message board.
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Materazzi got headbutted to the chest and fell down like he just took a shotgun blast to the gut. Pretty weak looking, in my opinion. You're acting like Zidane was standing over top of the dude and stomping the back of his head with his feet.

And from what I've heard, the full quote was more like, "You deserve all that and more, all you motherf-ing muslims do, you f-ing terrorists." A little bit different than just referring to someone as a "dirty terrorist."

Comparing a situation in the past where racism was extremely rampant and players were easily outnumbered as proof that this was over the top is ridiculous. I guarantee you they were all thinking, "Well, I could fight back against these racists.. but I don't feel like getting lynched today."

Give me a break....this is he said she said. You're taking what Zidane said "omg here is the full quote from what i heard". Who did you hear this from? Is this a fact? Was it taped on audio? Get a friggin clue. Why didnt Zidane attack or go after the guy when he was EJECTED???? Its amazing how he developed "class" when walkin off the field of play. Why wasnt he more vocal what was said? Why didnt he go back after him? The headbutt made him feel good?

My claims arent ridiculous...people just like to blow this crap up for silly reasons. Now you're gonna sit here and say the head butt to the chest and him fallin down was an act. You see the force he threw his head into his chest? He had a firm stance when he lunged! Thats what you're taight to do when you box to maximize ytour power.

No one is defending the damn Italian so get that thru your skull. I'm getting on people who are acting like Zidane was in the right. Now they are calling for a year suspension over these alleged comments. Thats ridiculous. No one is what was supposedly said. What I'm doing is saying Zidane stopping...waiting and headbutting the player was wrong. HE got the red card and got kicked out over a stupid act on his part. Thats a FACT.

Enough of this clappin for his actions, giving him props, saying he was right. You dudes are clueless. But feel free to use another double standard example and pass it on as if everyone said/cosigned and felt that way. You know make a general comment and pass it on others for the sake of it. Loser
Old 07-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #45
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Back in the day they didnt. So now what? Romo the dirtiest player in NFL history spit in a black mans face. JJ Stokes did NOTHING but point and looked for a zebra! Get a clue....you dudes blowing this Zidane situation up too much. Like this is the worlds ultimate sin and he gets a pass.

Anyone who supports his stupidity for letting a player get under his skin is a moron.

STFU. You didnt grow up back in the day idiot. There is no comparison now vs then. You couldnt live back then. You wouldnt be acting like you are. Jackie Robinson recieved death threats and white baseball players hated him being in "thier" league. Yet he didnt react like a simpleton as Zidane did. I wasnt aware being called a TERRORIST reached the #1 racial slur and the worst slur one could call another human being. :rollingeyes:

You weren't aware of it, but you're aware of it now.

GOBB, go anywhere in Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, and call an Arab a dirty terrorist and see what happens. You claim you're from Philadelphia. Go up to any one of them and see what happens if you do. Go to Dearborn, Michigan and call someone a dirty terrorist and see what happens.

You're ignorant. You don't know anything about what's going in the world, go to school, take a class, do something to enrich your mind about what's going on in the world.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: