Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #46
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightHustlinInTDOT
Gobb, get a clue. Black people react even if a white guy says "*****" in the same way black people say it. Calling someone a terrorist is a pretty offensive remark these days considering the circumstances. Go outside once in a while and catch up on current events instead of watching BET and Nickelodeon all day trying to come up with insults you can use on a message board.

Your username is flat out retarded and it represents your mentality you wannabe. Pretty offensive remark? So what? Does that give a person a reason to lash out without acknowledging and accepting the consequence? Does it make it right? No it doesnt. If what was said is TRUE (he said she said) then the player was wrong. Flat out. But that doesnt excuse what Zidane did nor should it warrant applause because he cost them a world cup because he couldnt swallow his pride and deal with the situation AFTER the game. Notice he didnt give a crap when a red card was handed out. He had enough class to walk off the field. Why not run over and attack the player? Why not make your claim what was said? Exactly.

Like Zidane and the French walk off the field. Not amazed Canadians are defending Zidane bonehead actions. French are dumb, they have ties with oh canada the dumbass country on earrrrrrrrrth ohhhh canada home of the retard!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #47
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 76
Default

First you said being called a "terrorist" is not as big of a deal as being called a "nigga", now you're saying it's a "he said she said" thing to cover your initial stupidity
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #48
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You weren't aware of it, but you're aware of it now.

GOBB, go anywhere in Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, and call an Arab a dirty terrorist and see what happens. You claim you're from Philadelphia. Go up to any one of them and see what happens if you do. Go to Dearborn, Michigan and call someone a dirty terrorist and see what happens.

You're ignorant. You don't know anything about what's going in the world, go to school, take a class, do something to enrich your mind about what's going on in the world.

I wouldnt go to the projects and call a bunch of black guys standing around a bunch of monkeys, N*ggers. Heck I wouldnt even call them homosexuals.

I wouldnt go to alot of infamous areas with a specific ethnic group and make a racial slur expecting no harm to come. Sorry not going to L.A in the hood and callin a group of mexicans wetbacks.

You're asking me to go to an extreme and purposely get hurt, threatened for no reason at all. Now you're being ridiculous. You can call any random group of people a racial slur or a negative remark in general and get dealt with.


But when you're playing sports, inside the lines of the game. I would have no problem calling someone a racial slur because I know the consequence is different then if i was out on the street mofo! Just like i can sit here and diss 1.5 billion net users because the consequence is either getting banned or someone hackin into my computer probably. But thats is the extent of it. I can turn my pc off and eat apple jacks. Why am i not afraid? You're not gonna come to my door and romp wit me!

Same with sports...players can say ANYTHING THEY WANT because they are protected by the rules of the game. I can mumble a racial slur to a player, get cold cocked and guess what? Nothing happens to me. But you get kicked out. Its why commentators say a player lost thier cool, lost thier head...the things saidf about Zidfane by the media now! The Italian probably said the worst thing he could to Zidane to really get under his skin....but in sports you cant react. You take it on the chin. Zidane couldnt handle the slur and acted on it. He gets ejected, play continues, Italy wins. Nothing is changing that.

Zidane was wrong for letting a player get under his skin. No one can defend it by this silly "calling someone a terrorist is the worst thing you can do on Earth".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #49
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default

Question, after knowing what was said...do you still lose respect toward Zidane?
I'm not bringing up the red card, because he fully deserved that.

I'm just going back to my original point, to posters who claimed they lost respect to Zidane before knowing the whole story.

I'm not surprised that an Italian said something like that, some of them are the biggest scum you'll ever meet. Some of them are the most decent people you'll ever meet.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #50
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Tips4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
STFU. You didnt grow up back in the day idiot. There is no comparison now vs then.

I never said i did, well you are half black soo i would think you will understand. That was than and we somehow dealt with it. I mean racism still exist but not as back in the days. But people who are in Europe are suffering like how Black people use to back in the days. Put yourself in there shoes, your grandparents suffered the same thing. The least you can do is support and try to stop this or atleast bring it down.

Last edited by Tips4 : 07-10-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #51
DCL
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,331
Default

sports is a mind game.

everyone says nasty stuff to get on your fuking nerves.

if there's an ass-ho!e opponent saying sh!t into your ears, and you blow up and lose your cool, then he already beat you.

you can't act like a sensitive b-tch. you have to zone that sh!t out, especially in a competition on that big of a stage. deal with that bullsh-t later.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #52
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I wouldnt go to the projects and call a bunch of black guys standing around a bunch of monkeys, N*ggers. Heck I wouldnt even call them homosexuals.

I wouldnt go to alot of infamous areas with a specific ethnic group and make a racial slur expecting no harm to come. Sorry not going to L.A in the hood and callin a group of mexicans wetbacks.

You're asking me to go to an extreme and purposely get hurt, threatened for no reason at all. Now you're being ridiculous. You can call any random group of people a racial slur or a negative remark in general and get dealt with.


But when you're playing sports, inside the lines of the game. I would have no problem calling someone a racial slur because I know the consequence is different then if i was out on the street mofo! Just like i can sit here and diss 1.5 billion net users because the consequence is either getting banned or someone hackin into my computer probably. But thats is the extent of it. I can turn my pc off and eat apple jacks. Why am i not afraid? You're not gonna come to my door and romp wit me!

Same with sports...players can say ANYTHING THEY WANT because they are protected by the rules of the game. I can mumble a racial slur to a player, get cold cocked and guess what? Nothing happens to me. But you get kicked out. Its why commentators say a player lost thier cool, lost thier head...the things saidf about Zidfane by the media now! The Italian probably said the worst thing he could to Zidane to really get under his skin....but in sports you cant react. You take it on the chin. Zidane couldnt handle the slur and acted on it. He gets ejected, play continues, Italy wins. Nothing is changing that.

Zidane was wrong for letting a player get under his skin. No one can defend it by this silly "calling someone a terrorist is the worst thing you can do on Earth".


Wait a second, weren't you defending Ron Artest a while back saying that you would do the same thing if a cup was thrown at you??? I think so.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightHustlinInTDOT
First you said being called a "terrorist" is not as big of a deal as being called a "nigga", now you're saying it's a "he said she said" thing to cover your initial stupidity

Wrong you misread jackass. I said being called a terrorist is just like being called a n*gger, yet you didnt see athletes back in the day reacting to being called the slur. You emos on this phucking board took it and ran with it. We're talkin about using racial slurs in SPORTS. Not in everyday life walkin down the street. You emos need to get a grip and stict to the script.

Racials slurs within the game. Lets deal with that ok? Being called an n word = being called a terrorist. Being called a homo = being called a n word and so on. These are things that a player can take as an ultimate offense but they cant lash out unless they understand the consequence and are willing to deal with the outcome. You wanna attack and beat a player down for calling a dirty terrorist muslim wishing u all were dead? Feel free, but you're getting kicked out. Then you're gonna need witnesses to vouch for overhearing the slurs said to save yourself from further suspension.

Players talk trash and think of, say the worst things to get under a players skin. They had a thing on the NFL and what was said....OL man, DL man say they think of the worst things to say...like "i banged your mother in her ass", "your daugher is a lil slut", "your wife gave me head". No made up ish either, this was stuff they said they would use to get in another players skin because they knew targeting thier family was the ultimate disrespect.

Spitting in a person face in general? Total disrespect that deserves a beat down. JJ Stokes let Romo spit in his face and he didnt react to kicking his ass. Romo gets dealt with. JJ plays on. Zidane should take notes. You wanna fight? WAit til after the game. If you're gonna get kicked out for head butting someone in the chest....you should go back and kick his ass some more when u see a red card drawn.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #54
Snow
I brick open layups
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 119
Default

I wonder what would have happened if Materazzi had called Zidane a Camel Jockey? Do you think he would have reached into his chest and torn out Materazzi's heart?

And how do we know that Zidane really isn't a terrorist and that Materazzi was just letting him know that he knew what was up? Someone should look into this. cue in X-Files intro music
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #55
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
sports is a mind game.

everyone says nasty stuff to get on your fuking nerves.

if there's an ass-ho!e opponent saying sh!t into your ears, and you blow up and lose your cool, then he already beat you.

you can't act like a sensitive b-tch. you have to zone that sh!t out, especially in a competition on that big of a stage. deal with that bullsh-t later.


These pansies need to read up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #56
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
I wonder what would have happened if he had called Zidane a Camel Jockey? Do you think he would have reached into his chest and torn out Materazzi's heart?

And how do we know that Zidane really isn't a terrorist and that Materazzi was just letting him know that he knew what was up? Someone should look into this. cue in X-Files intro music


Wow, what a first post. Is this guy a comedian??? That's racist too by the way.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #57
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Give me a break....this is he said she said. You're taking what Zidane said "omg here is the full quote from what i heard". Who did you hear this from? Is this a fact? Was it taped on audio? Get a friggin clue. Why didnt Zidane attack or go after the guy when he was EJECTED???? Its amazing how he developed "class" when walkin off the field of play. Why wasnt he more vocal what was said? Why didnt he go back after him? The headbutt made him feel good?

Right, so he's going to up to the ref, "Don't eject me! He called me a terrorist!" I don't think it matters at that point. And suddenly he should have continued to attack the guy? "Well if he really did say something racist, he should have continued to stomp the dude when he was on the ground!"

That quote is probably no less reliable than your "I heard AI is going to get traded. And this is legit cause I heard it from same guy that told me they were gonna get Webber."
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #58
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey
 
GoRapz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,308
Default

Can anyone explain to me why Zidane got mad at the guy calling him that? I thought he was French. Sorry, I dont know alot about the word cup, this is my first year watching it.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #59
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 76
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wrong you misread jackass. I said being called a terrorist is just like being called a n*gger, yet you didnt see athletes back in the day reacting to being called the slur. You emos on this phucking board took it and ran with it. We're talkin about using racial slurs in SPORTS. Not in everyday life walkin down the street. You emos need to get a grip and stict to the script.

Racials slurs within the game. Lets deal with that ok? Being called an n word = being called a terrorist. Being called a homo = being called a n word and so on. These are things that a player can take as an ultimate offense but they cant lash out unless they understand the consequence and are willing to deal with the outcome. You wanna attack and beat a player down for calling a dirty terrorist muslim wishing u all were dead? Feel free, but you're getting kicked out. Then you're gonna need witnesses to vouch for overhearing the slurs said to save yourself from further suspension.

Players talk trash and think of, say the worst things to get under a players skin. They had a thing on the NFL and what was said....OL man, DL man say they think of the worst things to say...like "i banged your mother in her ass", "your daugher is a lil slut", "your wife gave me head". No made up ish either, this was stuff they said they would use to get in another players skin because they knew targeting thier family was the ultimate disrespect.

Spitting in a person face in general? Total disrespect that deserves a beat down. JJ Stokes let Romo spit in his face and he didnt react to kicking his ass. Romo gets dealt with. JJ plays on. Zidane should take notes. You wanna fight? WAit til after the game. If you're gonna get kicked out for head butting someone in the chest....you should go back and kick his ass some more when u see a red card drawn.

Good job in backtracking and covering your tracks and posting paragraphs of something that is irrelevant to draw attention away from your idiocy
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #60
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Can anyone explain to me why Zidane got mad at the guy calling him that? I thought he was French. Sorry, I dont know alot about the word cup, this is my first year watching it.


He's French of Arab descent.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy