Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft Night

Okay Grizzlies posters (all two of you!) who will we draft?
From the draft boards it looks like Horford is going to the Hawks at 3.
The CA today said that Noah has a good shot for the #4.
Please, no! He would be okay at 9 but not at 4! He can't even shoot
from more than 4 feet and he plays like Anderson Verajao of the Cavs.
I'm afraid if we get Noah at 4 it will be another Jerry West draft bust
again. Another tall goon that can't score.
If Horford is gone at 3 then take Brandon Wright who is the 3rd best
player on there or Jeff Green. If the Grizz make a trade and get another
pick they should then get a guard. IT should be interesting Thursday
night. The Hawks are the key to the draft. Will they trade the 3rd pick?
Who knows!!!
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Draft Night

Ok here is my take.Horford IS A BUST!!!!!!!!!Take Conely jr.Then pick up free agents Gerald wallace and Anderson Varejo.Then next year If we missed the playoffs select a real power player in Tyler Hansbrough.He is a real 6'10'' and great all. around skills.Also by next year conely will be ready to emerge as a great point.Him and kyle lowry will push eachother eveyday in practice to get better.Think Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson.

A line up of.

pg)Lowry or Conely.Or maybe even Damon.
sg)Gerald Wallace
sf)Rudy gay
pf)Anderson Varejo
c)Gasol.

Bench
pg)Lowry or conely
sg)Kinsey or miller
sf)miller cardinal
pf)warrik or swift
c)Swift or Johnson

Then when you get Hansbrough.He takes Swifts role.Also cardinal is gone.And warrik takes his spot.Or trade swift for our second round pick back and take aron gray.He is a legite center at least he is tall and will bound.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's a nice looking roster there Jailer. One of the major problems we face is the lack of getting a PF that can score. Bringing in Varejao will just add another big that can't score. Drafting Conley is a good choice IMO because he and Lowry would make a great duo for the future. Grizzlies should also hang onto Atkins or Stoudamire, so they can teach the young guys a thing or two.

Kinsey has got me really excited for next season, especially after seeing what he can do when he is given playing time. Hopefully he can carry that over to next season and give us Grizzlies fans something to look forward to for the future.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah im just not sure yet if kinsey is good or out up good number because of playing time.If you remember the last twenty games kinsey got forty plus minutes ten times.There were alot of injuries so he had to play.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
poindexter
I hit open layups

I wouldn't mind if Conley got picked at 4. He would definitely be a better pick than the ponytailed wonder Noah. I bet if Noah didn't play for Florida he
wouldn't even be a top 20 pick. Reading the article about Wallace today in
the CA, he seems to be a carbon copy of Jerry West. He says
to draft for talent not need. If he drafts Noah, than so much for that
statement. Noah is tall but he won't average more than 7 or 8 points a
game. I couldn't see him playing with Pau anyway.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Good luck getting Wallace in FA. I don't think there is much of a chance anyone steals him from Charlotte unless they throw $15+ mil a year at him.

I do like that someone wants Psycho T next year but I wouldn't count entirely on him not being a 4 year guy. I see him out a lot at Carolina and he doesn't ever look like he'd rather be anywhere else, and his family already has money so that's not really an issue.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah that worries me.Since day one he has stated that he was gonna stay all four years.Im hoping that they win it all this year and he has a tremedous year.Then maybe he will decide that theres nothing left for him to acomplish at college.He is gonna be awesome.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Im hoping that they win it all this year and he has a tremedous year.

Me too! But I hope he wins ACC POY and gets 2nd in NPOY and stays to win it his senior year. If he is going after this year, I hope he wins both and Final Four MVP. It will boost his draft stock a lot since people dont think he will go very high.

The real questions surround Lawson and Ellington. But I can talk all day about Carolina b-ball and I'm sure the other Memphis board readers don't want to read my jibber-jabber ... but if ya wanna talk Heels jailer, just let me know.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
poindexter
I hit open layups

I like Conley but I'm surprised that is all they did.
Thought Wallace said he was going to be aggressive on draft night.
Sorry but they need a lot more to make this team better.
I thought they would have tried to get someone else.
Golden State was aggressive. They got some really good picks.
Looks like Grizz are set on keeping Pau. That is a big mistake.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 AM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Whoa keeping pau is a big mistake?Yeah he is only about to give you five great years!His prime years!They should of traded for Aron gray.But one of my predictions seems possible now.The bobcats got J-Rich.Which means that gerald wallace is not coming back.Heisley needs to open his wallet.That guy is all star material.Not to mention a constant defensive player of the year canidate.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:53 AM   #11
the grizzz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the grizzz has an OK reputation so far

i agree with jailer. wallace is a great player who can score and especially defend. i want the grizzlies to go out and reel in some good players, esp another big man and a perimeter scorer...... also conley jr. a GREAT pick
the grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like Jailer said, with J-Rich going to Charlotte we could stand a good chance of acquiring Wallace. If the Grizzlies look for the right pieces and KEEP Pau then we (Memphis) look quite promising for the future.

I'm glad we drafted Conley it gives us some damn good talent at the PG spot. No doubt Conley and Lowry will be pushing each other in training to get better, 2-3 years from now Lowry and Conley will be key players in our success, but that success will only come if the Grizzlies make some good moves this offseason.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Ok so the day after and still no news of the grizz getting another player in the draft.I know I know.Just wishful thinking.So im a little bummed we didnt get another pick.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #14
poindexter
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Ok so the day after and still no news of the grizz getting another player in the draft.I know I know.Just wishful thinking.So im a little bummed we didnt get another pick.

I was pretty bummed too. Especially seeing what Portland is doing!!
But then again their owner helped create Microsoft so he can throw
money around like crazy.
I'm happy with Conley. He is only 19 so he is still a long way from
his best. When he gets his perimeter shot down he will be awesome. My point with Gasol is that he didn't win them any playoff games
and he is costing them a boatload of cash.
Conley has a shot at being the star of this team with gasol becoming a
complementary player now. I think that is what his best role will be. Not the
main focus. But they still need to make some trades or get a free agent shooting guard. Maybe Wallace if he bolts. Just know it wont be Billips now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: